ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent visa for Mother of British child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Briton
Newly Registered

Parent visa for Mother of British child

Post by Briton » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 am

I am very sorry if this question has been asked before. I tried to find the topic but couldn't find it.

I need your advice on how to apply for a UK parent visa.
My husband and I were divorced a few years ago. I have a 10 year old British daughter who has been living in the UK with her British father for the past two months. She was always living with me before She left for the UK. I also have custody of the girl by the courts. The court also ordered the girl's father to pay me expenses each month.
Does any member of this forum have any experience with this visa? What are the requirements for this visa? How do I meet Financial Requirements if I don't even have a job?

secret.simon

Re: Parent visa for Mother of British child

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:19 am

Start here.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Briton
Newly Registered

Post by Briton » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:38 am

I have already read this website carefully and got all such information from other websites as well. But I don't understand the financial requirement. Because this financial requirement is for a spouse visa and that too if you are living in the UK and working there. In Asian countries, such a salary is impossible.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:52 am

Financial requirements
E-ECPT.3.1. The applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds

E-ECPT.3.2. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively: accommodation will not be regarded as adequate if-

(a) it is, or will be, overcrowded; or
(b) it contravenes public health regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:57 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:38 am

Briton wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 am
My husband and I were divorced a few years ago. She was always living with me before She left for the UK. I also have custody of the girl by the courts. The court also ordered the girl's father to pay me expenses each month.
According to this post, you were married when you arrived in France 6 months ago and had hoped to use the Surinder Singh route to the UK???

eea-route-applications/help-regarding-a ... l#p2010093

Is somebody else using this user name, apart from your(?) husband?

Briton
Newly Registered

Post by Briton » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:59 am

JB007 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:38 am
Briton wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:58 am
My husband and I were divorced a few years ago. She was always living with me before She left for the UK. I also have custody of the girl by the courts. The court also ordered the girl's father to pay me expenses each month.
According to this post, you were married when you arrived in France 6 months ago and had hoped to use the Surinder Singh route to the UK???

eea-route-applications/help-regarding-a ... l#p2010093

Is somebody else using this user name, apart from your(?) husband?

I asked this question on behalf of someone.