ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent visa for elderly parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uzairzamansheikh
Mood:

Permanent visa for elderly parents

Post by uzairzamansheikh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi,
I am a British citizen. My parents live in Pakistan - Dad (72 yrs old) & Mom (65 yrs old). Dad has Heart conditions & Diabetic and mother has Blood Pressure issues. Them both got 2 years UK visit visas. My other brother lives abroad as well and sisters are married living with their husbands in Pakistan.
Is there a way I can get my parents moved to UK permanently?
Thanks in advance!

Casa

Re: Permanent visa for elderly parents

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:47 pm

uzairzamansheikh wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi,
I am a British citizen. My parents live in Pakistan - Dad (72 yrs old) & Mom (65 yrs old). Dad has Heart conditions & Diabetic and mother has Blood Pressure issues. Them both got 2 years UK visit visas. My other brother lives abroad as well and sisters are married living with their husbands in Pakistan.
Thanks in advance!
The route to settlement for Adult Dependant Relatives has been virtually closed (apart from exceptional cases), since the Immigration Rules were tightened in July 2012.

In order to stand any chance at all, your parents would BOTH have to prove that they need daily help for basic tasks such as bathing, dressing, preparing food etc. Also that care must either not be available or affordable in their home country.
1. As the cost of health care would be considerably less than in the UK, if you would be able to meet their care costs in the UK, you would be able to afford to cover this in Pakistan.
2. The fact that your sisters are living in Pakistan lessens their chances even further. The Home Office aren't interested in whether they choose not to care for your parents.
3. Bear in mind that if they apply for a settlement visa and are refused, this will close the door to enter as visitors in the future, due their prior intention to make their home here.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

uzairzamansheikh
Mood:

Post by uzairzamansheikh » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:47 pm
uzairzamansheikh wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi,
Thanks in advance!
The route to settlement for Adult Dependant Relatives has been virtually closed (apart from exceptional cases), since the Immigration Rules were tightened in July 2012.

In order to stand any chance at all, your parents would BOTH have to prove that they need daily help for basic tasks such as bathing, dressing, preparing food etc. Also that care must either not be available or affordable in their home country.
1. As the cost of health care would be considerably less than in the UK, if you would be able to meet their care costs in the UK, you would be able to afford to cover this in Pakistan.
2. The fact that your sisters are living in Pakistan lessens their chances even further. The Home Office aren't interested in whether they choose not to care for your parents.
3. Bear in mind that if they apply for a settlement visa and are refused, this will close the door to enter as visitors in the future, due their prior intention to make their home here.
Sorry forgot to thank you for your reply earlier. It was very useful. Yes I think I wouldn't jeopardise my parents visit visas at least,as through they desperately need me with them (am me too), but the kind of rules defined are very hard to meet in the current circumstances.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm

uzairzamansheikh wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am

,as through they desperately need me with them (am me too),
Apart of keep renewing their visit visas, you just increase your frequency of visiting them in Pakistan as there is no other solution.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

uzairzamansheikh
Mood:

Post by uzairzamansheikh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm
uzairzamansheikh wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 am

,as through they desperately need me with them (am me too),
Apart of keep renewing their visit visas, you just increase your frequency of visiting them in Pakistan as there is no other solution.

Thanks. I had started doing that already but have to stay back because of COVID-19.
I am now planning to move back to Pak very soon :)