ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me somebody!!!!!!!! divorce certain before ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

trasar
Newly Registered

Please help me somebody!!!!!!!! divorce certain before ILR

Post by trasar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:23 am

Hi!!

I hope that someoen can point me in the right direction here! Here goes:....

My partner came into Uk from Jamaica on a visitor visa in 2001, 6 mths later he applied for a student visa which he stayed on until 2004 when he married on a COA. He has been granted his 2 yr leave to remain, is able to work but has no recourse to public funds. His 2 yrs is due to expire in Aug 2007. Situation is the marriage has broken down and his wife wants to divorce him but i get the feeling that she will drag her feet doing so.

We have been together for 6 mths, live together and i am expecting his child. If she does begin divorce proceedings could we marry? If not could his status be changed and if so, what to?

Any advice would be helpful as i am at my wits end!

Thanks

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:56 am

I 2 would like to hear the outcome of this. maybe you could apply for a finace visa, but I dont know if you can be engaged to somebody when you are still going through a divorce.

trasar
Newly Registered

Good idea!!

Post by trasar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:25 pm

I cant see there being a problem being engaged to someone whilst waiting for a divorce to come thro. It would only be a problem actually getting married. I will look into the fiance visa.!!!! Thanks for that advice