ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help with fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shazaz

please help with fiance visa

Post by shazaz » Sun May 23, 2010 7:56 am

Hi,

I really need some guidance on fiance visa.

I am a British citizen. I have been in a relationship with my partner for over 5 years. He is from Pakistan.

I wish to sponsor him on fiance visa, as we intend to marry.

I am really confused with how i need to show that we intend to marry. My partner will write a statement, and I will write a statement confirming our relationship etc.

But I am unable to give notice at the registry office, until he is presentin the UK. So how do i show proof of this??

I was living with parents, but last week I got a flat on rent. Is it necessary to have my partners name on the tenancy agreement?

If for any reason it gets refused, do we have the option of an appeal for a fiance visa?

I would be really grateful if anyone could advise me on the requirements for a fiance visa.

Our relationshiip is genuine. We have proof of emails, chats, cards, telephone record etc. Few pictures together.
I have met him three times in 5 years.

We really want to settle down now. Also once we get married, would my partner have to return back to his country or do we apply in UK for a spouse visa?

All very confusing...please help!

Thanks

:( :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: please help with fiance visa

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 23, 2010 9:08 am

shazaz wrote:Our relationshiip is genuine. We have proof of emails, chats, cards, telephone record etc. Few pictures together.
:shock:
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

elv15

Re: please help with fiance visa

Post by elv15 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Wanderer wrote:
shazaz wrote:Our relationshiip is genuine. We have proof of emails, chats, cards, telephone record etc. Few pictures together.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Sun May 23, 2010 4:46 pm

please will someone advise me on what to do!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun May 23, 2010 4:49 pm

You can only give marrige notice when your fiance is actually in UK.
Do some research on the requirements and then ask if you have any queries. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... espartners

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon May 24, 2010 6:00 pm

I have done much reading on the fiance visa...i feel i have all the requirements but just a little confused on how to show that we intend to marry.

any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon May 24, 2010 6:22 pm

You dont have to "show" your intention as such. When you submit a fiance visa application, that tells them that you intend to marry.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm

do you have to show engagement pictures etc?because we never had a party or anythng like that

also if refused on fiance visa, do we get the chance of an appeal?

as a guide could anyone tell me what i need to submit?

mrlookforward thank u for your responses...nobody else seems to want to help :(

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 pm

shazaz wrote:do you have to show engagement pictures etc?because we never had a party or anythng like that

mrlookforward thank u for your responses...nobody else seems to want to help :(
do you have to show engagement pictures etc?because we never had a party or anythng like that
Well i assume that you must show some thing which would show that you and your fiance' met each other face to face so any pics showing you togather would be really helpfull. :D
As far as engagement pics are concerned then i cant say anything specific as you never had any formal engagement party showing you and your fiance' exchanging rings.
YES you have a full right of appeal if your application is turned down.
Following are the few docs which you will have to provide.

1.Completed VAF4 application form.
2.Evidence of your finances like bank statements for the last 6 months.
3.Pay slips for the last 6 months.
4.Evidence of the availability of suitable accomodation.
5.Evidence that you and your fiance' intend to marry in the 6 month duration of of the fiance' visa.
6.Evidence of contact between you and your fiance' E.g. phone bills,letters ,greeting cards or proof of any other means of corespondence like e-mails etc.
7.Evidence of your plans to live togather permanently after your marriage.
8.Evidence that you actually met each other.
9.Both of you are over 21.
10.Evidence that your "relationship" is bonafide.
11.In your case specifically write a statement to explain that why you have not yet married as according to your query in above post you are in "Relationship " with your fiance' for the past 5 years so you have to satisfy the ECO that your fiance' has not applied this visa just for the immigration to the UK but has applied with the genuine intention to get settled with you so explain all the reasons which prevented both of you from getting married.

Hope this helps. :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 am

thanks for your reply.

if the visa is granted..what happens after we get married here in the uk...my partner would not have to go back to his country would he?

i thought it was a special visit visa for 6 months in which we get married within the 6 months and then once married we submit the papers here in uk for it to get transferred to a spouse visa.

does it not work like that then?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:45 am

shazaz wrote:thanks for your reply.

if the visa is granted..what happens after we get married here in the uk...my partner would not have to go back to his country would he?

i thought it was a special visit visa for 6 months in which we get married within the 6 months and then once married we submit the papers here in uk for it to get transferred to a spouse visa.

does it not work like that then?
Yes it does work like that. A fiance visa (which costs £644) is a settlement visa even though it is only valid for 6 months. Once you are married and before the 6 months is up you need to apply for FLR (which costs £567 postal or £848 in person) which will be valid for 2 years. There is no need to leave the UK.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 25, 2010 9:42 am

And one more thing for your FLR(M) application to be a successfull one is that your marriage is ongoing and subsisting by the time you make application for the spouse visa. 8)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.