ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

preparing for hearing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lesley15

preparing for hearing

Post by lesley15 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:37 pm

I am just getting a bit concerned,my husbands review has been upheld and the reasons are not being able to verify my income and providing a council report on my property and they say showing prof of rent when it is actually a mortgage i have and i did include the land registery,anyway my main question is i can get this info with no trouble so can i submit it ready for the hearing or is it to late,my solicitor keeps telling me to wait but i keep reading that people are submitting more info!! should i have done this in the 28 days we had when submitting the appeal?? getting parnoid that i am doing it wrong,any advice please.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Do not worry. You would have been better advised to submit the doc's with the appeal however that is not a requirement, just good practice.

As long as the documents you wish to rely on are with the AIT at least three weeks before the hearing date no one will criticise you. Anything after that and you might find that the HO ask for an adjournment to properly consider the documents, which ultimately will delay the substantive hearing date and the final decision will be further in the future.
It will waste your time and cost you more as you & your rep will have to turn up for the scheduled hearing perhaps only to see it adjourned.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:57 pm

Thank you for that.I will submit my evidence to the AIT now which should be in plenty of time as i haven't even been given a date yet!! thanks again.