ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Employer not paid the PAYE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HG999
Newly Registered
India

Previous Employer not paid the PAYE

Post by HG999 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Hello All

Thanks to this forum for helping many, who are in need. I'm new to this forum and hope someone can suggest.

My husband is on ILR and I'm going to apply for my FLR (M) extension by post in few weeks. I've been working as an IT consultant for a small firm from the past two months. Before that, I worked for another company who never paid me on time, every month different payday but luckily they have paid me all my salary. I have all my payslips to prove that. A few days ago I came to know that they haven't paid the HMRC PAYE from the past two years and it's been passed to the debt recovery agent.

I have two questions on this:

1) I have been paid with my previous employer different payday every month, will this affect my application?

2) Previous employer PAYE debt will have any effect on my application.

Please someone can advise/suggest on the issue.

Thanks in advance.

HGC

Obie
Ireland

Re: Previous Employer not paid the PAYE

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm

If a person is on PAYE, it is the responsibility of their employer to sort their taxes and NI out.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 pm

HG999 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 pm
Hello All

Thanks to this forum for helping many, who are in need. I'm new to this forum and hope someone can suggest.

My husband is on ILR and I'm going to apply for my FLR (M) extension by post in few weeks. I've been working as an IT consultant for a small firm from the past two months. Before that, I worked for another company who never paid me on time, every month different payday but luckily they have paid me all my salary. I have all my payslips to prove that. A few days ago I came to know that they haven't paid the HMRC PAYE from the past two years and it's been passed to the debt recovery agent.

1) I have been paid with my previous employer different payday every month, will this affect my application?

Thanks in advance.

HGC
Preferably avoid such company financial documents to attach and if your other partner is working & getting sufficient earning in normal way then use that one only.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

HG999
Newly Registered
India

Post by HG999 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm
If a person is on PAYE, it is the responsibility of their employer to sort their taxes and NI out.
Many Thanks for your reply, will this affect my application?

HG999
Newly Registered
India

Post by HG999 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 pm
HG999 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 pm
Hello All

Thanks in advance.

HGC
Preferably avoid such company financial documents to attach and if your other partner is working & getting sufficient earning in normal way then use that one only.
Thanks for your reply, My husband is also an IT contractor but sadly his contract finished three months ago and just got a new contract few days ago. So I have to use my previous job pay slips and bank statements to prove the financial circumstances.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:28 am

I think if your employer state the valid reasons that why he/she pays on different pay days then it may work. Usually a bonafide employer keep up to date its employee taxes with HMRC but still if there are outstanding tax then on spouse visa stage it may not affect because HO mostly concern with 6 or 12 months payslips & corresponding bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

HG999
Newly Registered
India

Post by HG999 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:16 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:28 am
I think if your employer state the valid reasons that why he/she pays on different pay days then it may work. Usually a bonafide employer keep up to date its employee taxes with HMRC but still if there are outstanding tax then on spouse visa stage it may not affect because HO mostly concern with 6 or 12 months payslips & corresponding bank statements.
Thanks for your reply, that's a bit relief. I don't think I can get a letter from the previous employer. They don't want me to leave the job but I have to because they were not paying on time and salary was very low.

Regards

HGC

HG999
Newly Registered
India

Post by HG999 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Hello All

Once again many thanks to this forum and I really owe this forum a lot. My flr m application is approved and received the brp card today. I've posted my application on 8th November and received the brp card today. Decision date was on 18th December, though I have given my my biometrics 3 days after the letter received. It is really quick I guess.

Thanks everyone. And good luck for those who are waiting for the outcome.

Regards

HGC