ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Time of FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Th100
Newly Registered

Processing Time of FLR(M)

Post by Th100 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:54 am

Hello,

I’ve submitted my FLR(M) online on 20th of September and I got the appointment at Sopra on 12th of Oct. I know my application date is 20th of September as that’s the date I paid and submitted my application. I would like to know when does 8 week processing time start? From 12 Oct or 20th September.
I haven’t uploaded all my documents yet as I need to print out declarations form and sign. Will it affect the application? I’m gonna do it before my appointment of course.
Thank you

geoeng
Canada

Re: Processing Time of FLR(M)

Post by geoeng » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:08 am

From the gov.uk website for family visas: "If you apply in the UK a decision will usually be made within 8 weeks of your application date if you use the standard service".

If you look at the FLR(M) timeline thread you'll note they've pretty much been meeting the 8 week timeline from application date bang on unless there are significant complicating circumstances they have to spend more time on (i.e. a case that is "not straight-forward"). The documents aren't actually submitted to UKVI until the biometric appointment so no problem as long as everything is uploaded by that date. My biometric appointment was a good 3 weeks after I applied and they still met the 8 week timeline from the date I applied rather than the date of the biometric appointment.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Th100
Newly Registered

Re: Processing Time of FLR(M)

Post by Th100 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:37 am

Thank you for your reply Geoeng.