ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of accommodation while living with parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sally2
Newly Registered

Sponsoring spouse to uk on Temp contact

Post by Sally2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi,
Can anyone advice me that if we can sponsor spouse on temp to perm contract with 6 months payslips or not?
I'm british national and I'm planning to sponsor my spouse. I'm working on temp contract which will be switched to permanent after 6-7 months. I'm earning £21k which will meet the financial requirement(I have started this job recently as well). But is there gonna be issue of temp contract while applying for spouse visa? Or it has to be permanent contract in order to sponsor spouse?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Sponsoring spouse to uk on Temp contact

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:29 pm
Hi,
Can anyone advice me that if we can sponsor spouse on temp to perm contract with 6 months payslips or not?
I'm british national and I'm planning to sponsor my spouse. I'm working on temp contract which will be switched to permanent after 6-7 months. I'm earning £21k which will meet the financial requirement(I have started this job recently as well). But is there gonna be issue of temp contract while applying for spouse visa? Or it has to be permanent contract in order to sponsor spouse?

Thanks
Yes you can sponsor. Besides ensuring meeting all other requirements, employer letter should clarify this. Note the need for 6/12 months evidence required to comply with financial requirements.
Also when applying ensure you are still in employment.

Sally2
Newly Registered

Post by Sally2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm planning to apply for spouse visa after getting my 6th month of payslip. Will it be any issue or i have to show 12 months of payslips for that?
As i wasn't working full time before this employment. But now I'm working full time in order to sponsor my spouse. So in that case do i have to show 12 months of payslips?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:25 pm
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm planning to apply for spouse visa after getting my 6th month of payslip. Will it be any issue or i have to show 12 months of payslips for that?
As i wasn't working full time before this employment. But now I'm working full time in order to sponsor my spouse. So in that case do i have to show 12 months of payslips?

Thanks
You must have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months (if earning variable income) or you must have earned at least £1550 each month during the last 6 months (if you earning a fixed income) under category A. For applying under category A you only need 6 months of payslips & bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sally2
Newly Registered

Post by Sally2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Great!
Another thing i would like to know is
Is it possible for my husband to come on visit visa to uk before applying for spouse visa? I have seen some cases where it is hard to get visit visa while you are having spouse in uk.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:19 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:09 pm
Great!
Another thing i would like to know is
Is it possible for my husband to come on visit visa to uk before applying for spouse visa? I have seen some cases where it is hard to get visit visa while you are having spouse in uk.
If he has exceptionally stronger ties with home country then may get success but the chances will be extremely low where already have British/settled partner in UK. On visit visa he can't switch into spouse visa from inside the UK. If you & your partner (applicant) can fulfill the criteria of spouse visa then applying spouse visa straightaway will be more better.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sally2
Newly Registered

Post by Sally2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:26 pm

The thing is he's on international student visa and living in Germany and have a job there as well. His studies will be finished by the time i'll apply for spouse visa. So in that case what would you suggest because he might be coming for 2 or 3 days in a month or 2 months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:26 pm
The thing is he's on international student visa and living in Germany and have a job there as well. His studies will be finished by the time i'll apply for spouse visa. So in that case what would you suggest because he might be coming for 2 or 3 days in a month or 2 months.
If he is studying & working legally in Germany then in my opinion he will have quite good chances to obtain the UK visit visa. Also it might be more easier for you to visit him there instead he travel to you.

Sally2
Newly Registered

Post by Sally2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:38 pm

:D yeah I have visited him before but i want him to come on visit as well because of my full time job.
Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated! :)

Sally2
Newly Registered

Traveling after submitting the uk spouse visa application

Post by Sally2 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi,
I'm British citizen and im planning to submit my uk spouse visa application soon. I'm just confused if its okay to travel outside the uk to meet my spouse in his country after submitting the application or i have to wait for the decision.
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Traveling after submitting the uk spouse visa application

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:38 pm
Hi,
I'm British citizen and im planning to submit my uk spouse visa application soon. I'm just confused if its okay to travel outside the uk to meet my spouse in his country after submitting the application or i have to wait for the decision.
Thanks
You are free to travel

Sally2
Newly Registered

Proof of accommodation while living with parents

Post by Sally2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi,

Im planning to apply for uk spouse visa soon. Im living with my parents and they are renting the private property. I'm living with them and my name is not on the tenancy agreement. I do have proof of address on my name (utility bills,bank statements and payslips)and my parents are happy to write a letter for me to allow the applicant to stay on his arrival. The house will not be overcrowded as its 4 bedrooms house.I can also arrange for a property suspection report. But even after doing this, Do I still need a letter from landlord for confirmation that me and my spouse is allowed to stay in his property? Or permission letter from my parents will be enough?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of accommodation while living with parents

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:53 pm

All topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:52 pm
Hi,

Im planning to apply for uk spouse visa soon. Im living with my parents and they are renting the private property. I'm living with them and my name is not on the tenancy agreement. I do have proof of address on my name (utility bills,bank statements and payslips)and my parents are happy to write a letter for me to allow the applicant to stay on his arrival. The house will not be overcrowded as its 4 bedrooms house.I can also arrange for a property suspection report. But even after doing this, Do I still need a letter from landlord for confirmation that me and my spouse is allowed to stay in his property? Or permission letter from my parents will be enough?
Thanks
You need a letter from the landlord.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:43 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:52 pm
Hi,

Thanks
If the property is managed by the letting agent then noc letter can be acquired from them instead the landlord.

Sally2
Newly Registered

Post by Sally2 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi,
I have spoken to agency and they said that they can provide a letter with my name but they can't allow permission to my spouse as its not legal for them to provide any permission to an unknown person who is not in UK yet (they are unable to check back history)
but i have asked them to put my name as a permitted occupant within a tenancy agreement and they have been agreed with that. Will this be ok?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm

but i have asked them to put my name as a permitted occupant within a tenancy agreement and they have been agreed with that. Will this be ok?
Landlord/letting agent's permission is needed in all scenarios.
Due to right of rent reasons they are following the legitimate protocols but still they can confer the permission on stipulation of being provided with the copy of visa.

Covee

Post by Covee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:10 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:44 pm
Sally2 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm

Landlord/letting agent's permission is needed in all scenarios.
Due to right of rent reasons they are following the legitimate protocols but still they can confer the permission on stipulation of being provided with the copy of visa.
Yes, it sounds like the Landlord needs to say in the NOC something like 'we will give permission of this person to stay on the condition they arrive in the UK with valid UK visa', these might not be the exact words, this way landlord are letting the home office know that should the visa be given then the person has somewhere to stay

Sally2
Newly Registered

Post by Sally2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Landlord didn't agree to provide letter so I'm looking for a double bedroom room to rent in a shared House. Now my question is this shared House property is of 3 bedrooms (1 single and 2 double) landlord is living with his wife and 2 kids(both are above 10 years) and there is a living room as well. Landlord has agreed to rent me a double bedroom within his property but before signing that agreement i just want to confirm will it be overcrowded if i provide that accomodation to sponsor my spouse?

I'll appreciate if you advice me on this as well please.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 am
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Landlord didn't agree to provide letter so I'm looking for a double bedroom room to rent in a shared House. Now my question is this shared House property is of 3 bedrooms (1 single and 2 double) landlord is living with his wife and 2 kids(both are above 10 years) and there is a living room as well. Landlord has agreed to rent me a double bedroom within his property but before signing that agreement i just want to confirm will it be overcrowded if i provide that accomodation to sponsor my spouse?

I'll appreciate if you advice me on this as well please.
The property will indeed become HMO because more than 5 persons forming two different households will occupy the property. Ask your landlord that whether he has or will buy the licence and if not then find somewhere else.

Sally2
Newly Registered

Post by Sally2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi,
I'm thinking to get an inspection report for this property but before booking an appointment for inspection report. Do u think that it will be overcrowded on the basis of accommodation standard? Or its better to find other place rather than going for inspection report?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Two children over 10 are each one person and if a boy and a girl, can't be considered to share a room and will be classed as one room for each. The property will then be overcrowded with 4 adults and two older children. The single room is also likely a box room, which is not adequate in size to qualify for a 50sq feet room.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... t6227.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm
? Or its better to find other place rather than going for inspection report?

Sally2
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application details

Post by Sally2 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi guys,
Thank you so much for your advise till now.
If you guys can help me with this query as well please
I'm trying to fill out my uk spouse visa application.
Within travel history section, it asks about countries visited in last 10 years and its duration, needed to select from following options
Usa,canada, new Zealand, Switzerland, EEA

Now my question is, Do I need to mention about Germany along with other countries he has visited within EEA( for tourist purposes)? As he will be applying from Germany and he's living in Germany since 2018 for studies purpose. So im just confused whether to exclude Germany or include it along with all duration period.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa application details

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Sally2 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:51 pm
Now my question is, Do I need to mention about Germany along with other countries he has visited within EEA( for tourist purposes)? As he will be applying from Germany and he's living in Germany since 2018 for studies purpose. So im just confused whether to exclude Germany or include it along with all duration period.
The application form must have a specific option for that due to not applying from the country of his Birth/Nationality.