ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries Regarding New Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Queries Regarding New Spouse Visa Application

Post by Vishal16A » Thu May 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi all, just wanted some advice before making a new application for spouse visa:
(Application will be made from outside UK)
I am a British Citizen trying to bring my wife from India on a spouse Visa (2.5 year’s initial entry)

1. The solicitor told the initial entry clearance will be for 30 days and she needs to collect the bio-metric on arrival within 10 days (the biometric will have 30 months or 2.5 yrs validity), is this correct?
2. The NHS fees 400 p.a does that needs to be paid at the time of application or when the spouse visa is granted for 2.5 years? The reason being if only a fiancé visa for 6 months is granted instead will the NHS fee be refunded?
3. NHS fees is 400 p.a, because a spouse visa is granted for 2.5 years will be £1000 or £1200? Will they charge for whole 3 yrs?
4. English Language proof for wife – Will academic IELTs suffice? She also has a UK NARIC done for her bachelor’s degree.
5. On spouse visa will she be allowed to work on entry?
6. Will she be allowed to take professional exams on spouse visa?
7. Lastly will the TB report required to be submitted with the application or could be carried during her entry to the UK?
Apart from the above any other information, previous application experience will help massively.

Many thanks in advance,
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries Regarding New Spouse Visa Application

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:32 pm

1. Correct yes.

2. You pay the IHS when you apply online. You won't get a fiance visa if that is NOT what you have applied for. If you apply for a spouse visa, you get a spouse visa if approved. A Fiance settlement visa does NOT pay IHS as it is a 6 month validity visa.

3. £1200 for entry clearance spouse visa.

4. English A1 test OR a degree assessed by NARIC UKCVI red route, English and comparable assessment.

5. Yes, once she has her BRP and has a NI number.

6. Yes.

7. Submitted with her application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Just a quick clarification on the 30-day entry clearance. I hope when the entry is granted they will mention on the letter that the visa is for 30 months/2.5yrs? and a 30-day visit visa stuck to the passport?

kind regards,

V

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Also, one more query regarding the English Language proof:

1. She has a bachelors degree (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) taught in English from India
2. The above degree was also compared by UK NARIC as RQF level7/SCQF level 11/CQFW level7 (she holds the hard copy NARIC certificate)
3. She also holds an Academic IELTS (score band 7 & CEFR level C1) (reason being she appeared for her dental licensing examination in the UK in April 2019 which has now also been cleared)

Q: Does she still needs to take UKVI IELTS A1 exam to prove English language skill?

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:23 pm

just to confirm for other people, IELTS Academic for UKVI is also accepted and is a much higher category than A1 or B1... but it has the be "for UKVI" version - not the standard one... both are the same except that in the "for UKVI" version a unique reference number is also printed on the test result which allows UKVI to check the test results online.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 23, 2019 2:55 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:23 pm
just to confirm for other people, IELTS Academic for UKVI is also accepted and is a much higher category than A1 or B1... but it has the be "for UKVI" version - not the standard one... both are the same except that in the "for UKVI" version a unique reference number is also printed on the test result which allows UKVI to check the test results online.
For what visa have you used Ielts academic?

Yes UKVI unique number on test allows HO to verify it easily.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Vishal16A wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Just a quick clarification on the 30-day entry clearance. I hope when the entry is granted they will mention on the letter that the visa is for 30 months/2.5yrs? and a 30-day visit visa stuck to the passport?

kind regards,

V
She gets an initial 30 day validity spouse settlement visa vignette to enable entry to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Thu May 23, 2019 3:30 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:55 pm
taffet87 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:23 pm
For what visa have you used Ielts academic?
Visit visa to take Licensing for Dental Surgery exam held at RCOG London.

Yes UKVI unique number on test allows HO to verify it easily.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Thu May 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Vishal16A wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 pm

kind regards,

V
Hello,

They provide two sets of dates.

On the passpprr, it says that the applicant has 30 days to enter the UK (they must arrive to the UK within those 30 days).

They also provide a letter with the passport confirming the above and also provide another date period which confirms from what date the 2.5 year visa starts and ends.

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Tue May 28, 2019 7:53 am

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Tue May 28, 2019 7:58 am

One last question:
For the spouse visa the gov.uk website states you have to be in 2 years of relationship.
We had one of relationship but got married in India and have a marriage certificate to prove the marriage. I hope this is accepted?

thanks in advance
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:43 am

Vishal16A wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:58 am
For the spouse visa the gov.uk website states you have to be in 2 years of relationship.
If you read it again, it clearly states 2 years if you are unmarried partners.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Tue May 28, 2019 10:43 am

Hello, yes you are right, I have read this again. Many thanks.

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello,
I have a question regarding TB Chest x ray. My wife got her certificate for TB chest x ray which was done in March 2019 (while she visited the UK in standard visitors visa) which is valid till September 2019. Now to apply for the spouse visa she will require the chest x ray. Will the previous chest x ray valid? When she wanted to get the fresh chest x ray, the hospital said it can't be done as the existing certificate is valid till September. My question is can she apply for spouse visa now with her old chest x ray certificate? My only concern is the older certificate had mentioned "standard visitors visa".

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Vishal16A wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:21 pm
Hello,
I have a question regarding TB Chest x ray. My wife got her certificate for TB chest x ray which was done in March 2019 (while she visited the UK in standard visitors visa) which is valid till September 2019. Now to apply for the spouse visa she will require the chest x ray. Will the previous chest x ray valid? When she wanted to get the fresh chest x ray, the hospital said it can't be done as the existing certificate is valid till September. My question is can she apply for spouse visa now with her old chest x ray certificate? My only concern is the older certificate had mentioned "standard visitors visa".
That TB test might be reusable if that hospital/centre still on HO list but entry clearance officer can be confused from the purpose of it"standard visitor visa". Ask the centre to provide you any clarification letter if they can't reconduct it until expiry which may work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Vishal16A
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal16A » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 am

Hello all,
Just another query regarding the time line, its been over 2 months (10 weeks complete) we haven't heard anything from UKVI or their partner (VFS). Last communication was 7 weeks ago that the application has reached the decision making center. I called from the UK to their help number but in vain, it is just an automated background music and no one answers over 25 mins (they took my card details though £1.37/min).

Just to double check is this a normal waiting or something to worry about, as my wife needs to apply for her LDS part 2 end of September, for which she will require the passport.

Any help on the time line (share of experience) would be great.

thanks