ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Overcrowding

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
nethoughts
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Question on Overcrowding

Post by nethoughts » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi

I know the Housing Act says that the rooms must be of above 50 sq feet to be considered.

I just have a question what if the number of people currently living in the house are three out of which there is a couple already living and the third person is soon to be joined by her husband. They are a family.

Bedroom sizes are 115 sq ft, 65 sq ft, 65 sq ft and living room 135 sq ft out of which only one bed room has double bed occupied by couple and the other two have single bed.

So just want to ask will it be classed as overcrowding if the third person has to live with her husband in single bed? And will it impact the visa application?

Can anyone please share any thoughts?

Thank you.

gollywood
Member of Standing
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by gollywood » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 pm

No normal married couple would share a single bed!! (Thats what I think you are saying!)

Get a surveyor in to assess the pproperty.

You may have to move out - rent accomodation for 3-6 months, and declare that as your 'accomodation' for the purposes of your application.

Sacrifices have to be made - money has to be spent.

nethoughts
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by nethoughts » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:12 pm

gollywood wrote:No normal married couple would share a single bed!! (Thats what I think you are saying!)

Get a surveyor in to assess the pproperty.

You may have to move out - rent accomodation for 3-6 months, and declare that as your 'accomodation' for the purposes of your application.

Sacrifices have to be made - money has to be spent.
Thank you for replying.

The property is all ready rented.

So are you saying that they need to look for another property?

Do you think the current property satisfy the accommodation requirement as per the immigration rules? because there will be 4 person and the rooms will be aslo 4 so as per the rules 7.5 people can occupy the property.

Or a new property must be rented?

Can you please reply?

nethoughts
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by nethoughts » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 am

The property is not overcrowded but is there any requirements that a married couple can not live in a single bed and has to have a double bed?

tasha75
Member of Standing
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:04 am

Post by tasha75 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:48 am

nethoughts wrote:t is there any requirements that a married couple can not live in a single bed and has to have a double bed?
Dunno about single bed, but I don't think there is a requirement to sleep in the same room. I know a few families where husband and wife sleep in separate rooms due to husband's loud snoring. :P Or you could always put a bunk bed in a single bedroom. :)
Do not live your life in fear.

djb123
Member of Standing
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by djb123 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:30 am

tasha75 wrote:
nethoughts wrote:t is there any requirements that a married couple can not live in a single bed and has to have a double bed?
Dunno about single bed, but I don't think there is a requirement to sleep in the same room. I know a few families where husband and wife sleep in separate rooms due to husband's loud snoring. :P Or you could always put a bunk bed in a single bedroom. :)
Or just state if asked that the applicant has the double room, and the other couple use the two single rooms :-)

gollywood
Member of Standing
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by gollywood » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:56 pm

nethoughts wrote:The property is not overcrowded but is there any requirements that a married couple can not live in a single bed and has to have a double bed?
No - but it may arouse suspicions?

Silly question - but why so adament to live wedded life in a single bed?

Silly question 2 - Why not just have a double bed in the room for the purpose of the property survey/inspecion?

Locked
cron