ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding stay in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kylea
Newly Registered

Regarding stay in UK

Post by Kylea » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:15 pm

I recently moved to the UK under a fiancee visa and was wondering what I would need in order to be able to see a GP. What documents are needed beyond my passport and visa information?

antontony

Post by antontony » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Hello,

You can only go to a private GP while on that TEMPORARY fiancee's visa.

You will be eligible for free NHS treatment as soon as you get married and have you 2 year spouse visa.

NHS nornally bars those with short (6 months or less) visas.

Kylea
Newly Registered

Post by Kylea » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:37 pm

Thank you very much for the information. :)

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:20 am

antontony wrote:Hello,

You can only go to a private GP while on that TEMPORARY fiancee's visa.

You will be eligible for free NHS treatment as soon as you get married and have you 2 year spouse visa.

NHS nornally bars those with short (6 months or less) visas.
Have you any reference for this? There is a clear difference between a visa like fiancee that leads to settlement and tourist status.

BG101

Post by BG101 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:32 pm

If your fiancé is a citizen or otherwise settled here then you shouldn't have a problem getting registered at your local practice, assuming the books aren't full. My Wife & Daughter were both accepted without question when I applied to have them registered with my GP, despite the fact they are still not being allowed into the country due to BHC NBO sitting on our visas!

BG

1Minnow
Newly Registered

Post by 1Minnow » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:28 pm

I've been living in the UK for nearing 5 years. I'm here on a visa. I've been with three different GPs, to the hospital for emergencies, and through GP reffered physio for a back problems. No on has ever asked me to provide a passport or proof of any sort. Give it a shot, the worst they say is no.

C