ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katiem961
Newly Registered

Renewal of spouse visa

Post by katiem961 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi
I really hope someone can give me advice. my husband is on a spouse visa that expires in Feb 2020. my salary is 32k but due to illness my salary in Aug 2019 when the 6 month pay slips start I got paid under the threshold
we are using the same lawyer and have an appt this week but I am worried sick he will be deported because of this and can't sleep.
He works and earns £27.5k and he also owns a house outright that we rent out for £650 per month
Does anyone know if they will take any of this into consideration or does it solely come down to my salary?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Renewal of spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:01 pm

You only need ONE of you to meet the requirement. If your spouse meets the financial requirement, use their income only. Nowhere in the rules does it state it is only the British/ILR holder spouse income that must be used for each step. It is only applicable to the initial spouse entry clearance visa from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:14 pm

katiem961 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:51 pm

He works and earns £27.5k
If he earns that much then why are you over worrying because he can use his income alone to meet the requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

katiem961
Newly Registered

Post by katiem961 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:08 pm

I thought it was just based on my salary? so we can use both of our salaries?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:14 pm

katiem961 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:08 pm
I thought it was just based on my salary? so we can use both of our salaries?
Better you dont combine rather just use his salary alone which is sufficient. It will keep the application more straight.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

katiem961
Newly Registered

Post by katiem961 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 pm

thank you so much i have been making myself ill with worry over this. I really appreciate you replying.