ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing spouse visa questions FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

couchsurfer
Newly Registered

Renewing spouse visa questions FLR(M)

Post by couchsurfer » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:10 pm

Hi all,

My wife’s spouse visa expires at the end of August this summer so she will need to renew for another 2.5 years.

I wanted to get organised early and to check I have read everything correctly.

She can only submit and pay the fee 28 days before?

She did her A2 level IELTS test in 2020 for the first application, this can still be used for this application despite being over 2 years out of date?

We need to get pay slips & bank statements from both of us for the 6 months leading up to when we submit?

We need proof that we have been living together for the duration of the visa. Do these documents need to be covering the whole period? We have gas/electricity/water bills with both names on, council tax bills, rent agreement etc. Is there any other type of evidence we should provide?

The 1st place we lived in was for 1 year (friends flat) so we don’t have a rental agreement, does this matter? The current place we are renting officially and will extend the contract next month so we will have an updated tenancy agreement.

Do we need to submit our marriage certificate and translation again?

I guess 2 supporting letters explaining how we meet the requirements are useful(I think we did those last time)

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Renewing spouse visa questions FLR(M)

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:36 pm

couchsurfer wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:10 pm
Hi all,

My wife’s spouse visa expires at the end of August this summer so she will need to renew for another 2.5 years.

I wanted to get organised early and to check I have read everything correctly.

She can only submit and pay the fee 28 days before? She can do this at anytime however 28days before completing 30months since entry into UK on spouse visa is recommended so there won't be a shortfall when ready to apply for ILR.

She did her A2 level IELTS test in 2020 for the first application, this can still be used for this application despite being over 2 years out of date? Yes A2 can be reused and get B1 before applying for ILR

We need to get pay slips & bank statements from both of us for the 6 months leading up to when we submit? If 1 person income meets the financial requirements of minimum £18,600 no need for payslips and bank statements from both of you.

We need proof that we have been living together for the duration of the visa. Do these documents need to be covering the whole period? We have gas/electricity/water bills with both names on, council tax bills, rent agreement etc. Is there any other type of evidence we should provide? Covering last 2 years preceeding the application from at least 3 sources spread at intervals of 3-4months.

The 1st place we lived in was for 1 year (friends flat) so we don’t have a rental agreement, does this matter? The current place we are renting officially and will extend the contract next month so we will have an updated tenancy agreement. You don't need rental agreement of previous accommodation however you may use letters you have from there as evidence of cohabitation.

Do we need to submit our marriage certificate and translation again? No harm in submitting it.

I guess 2 supporting letters explaining how we meet the requirements are useful(I think we did those last time) You have moved ahead with the relationship beyond that,not required this time.

Thank you!

couchsurfer
Newly Registered

Post by couchsurfer » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:01 pm

Thank you for all the answers, much appreciated

Just a couple of follow ups if I may

We both meet the financial requirements alone so does it make sense for my wife to provide her payslips and bank statements or does it not matter? I guess providing more financial documents is not necessarily the merrier ? Or does it help to show we have good financial conditions. Does she need a letter from her employer as well?

Is there a list of the types of evidence you can use as proof of living together? Can’t seem to think of anything else other than what I already mentioned. I guess any letters that we have with just the one of our names on could also be used? (with the same address) like individual letters from the NHS.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:00 pm

couchsurfer wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:01 pm
Thank you for all the answers, much appreciated

Just a couple of follow ups if I may

We both meet the financial requirements alone so does it make sense for my wife to provide her payslips and bank statements or does it not matter? I guess providing more financial documents is not necessarily the merrier ? Or does it help to show we have good financial conditions. Does she need a letter from her employer as well? One person should provide the financial evidence, does not require from you both as more documents could cause confusion which is what you don't want.

Is there a list of the types of evidence you can use as proof of living together? Can’t seem to think of anything else other than what I already mentioned. I guess any letters that we have with just the one of our names on could also be used? (with the same address) like individual letters from the NHS.
When it comes down to it any correspondence including online but showing address can be used.