ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirement to maintain balance in bank account

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

innovinity
Mood:

Visa type for Partner

Post by innovinity » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello Experts,

My wife is in Pakistan, we are newly married and I want her to join me here in the UK. I have been searching for information on-line but to no avail, there is so much information and I am only getting confused.

I am glad that I found this forum...

I was wondering if someone can tell me what is the category of visa that I need to apply for my wife?
What English Test does she need to take and what level does she need to attain?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Visa type for Partner

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:41 pm

innovinity wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:28 pm

I was wondering if someone can tell me what is the category of visa that I need to apply for my wife?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next
innovinity wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:28 pm
What English Test does she need to take and what level does she need to attain?

Thanks in advance.
A1 test at approved centre as described in following list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Thanks Seagul but the first link in your post is "Not found".

Can you please tell me the visa type that my partner would need to apply and re-link the page, appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Are you British or do you have some other immigration status??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi,
I am British.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:45 pm

innovinity wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:51 pm
Thanks Seagul but the first link in your post is "Not found".

Can you please tell me the visa type that my partner would need to apply and re-link the page, appreciate your help.
Then use following link and select appendix fm partner then insert pakistan then follow the screen.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 2oEALw_wcB
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks a lot.

innovinity
Mood:

Requirement to maintain balance in bank account

Post by innovinity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for Appendix FM Partner (sponsoring wife from Pakistan) and I have a sufficient salary level to meet the minimum threshold. I will be submitting my payslip and bank statements to show the proof of salary.

The problem is I have not maintained any balance in my bank account, due to some temporary commitments etc.

I would be applying for my wife visa in about a month time. Can I please check whether I need to show any minimum balance in my account even though I am meeting the salary threshold.

Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Requirement to maintain balance in bank account

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:16 pm

There is NO requirement to maintain a minimum balance for a spouse visa under appendix FM.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Thanks, CR001.

Apologies for starting a new post. I will keep other related questions within this thread.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi Experts,

I have the following questions regarding sponsoring my spouse. It will be great if you can look at them as I am getting more confused the more I dig.

1: Accommodation
I currently share two bed accommodation with a friend, I live in one room and he lives in another room. The property is managed by a letting agency.
Both of our names appear on the tenancy agreement.
I was wondering what do I need to submit to show sufficient accommodation for my wife.

Tenancy agreement ?

Do I need a property inspection report from my local council?
Or would a letter from letting agency be acceptable?
I was under the impression that UKVI only accept council''s property inspection report.
If letting agencies letter is acceptable then What needs to be stated in the letter?

2: Bank Statements
I will need to submit bank statements to show salary level, Do I need to get stamped bank statements from the bank or I can download and submit online bank statements ?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 pm

innovinity wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:46 pm
Hi Experts,

I have the following questions regarding sponsoring my spouse. It will be great if you can look at them as I am getting more confused the more I dig.

1: Accommodation
I currently share two bed accommodation with a friend, I live in one room and he lives in another room. The property is managed by a letting agency.
Both of our names appear on the tenancy agreement.
I was wondering what do I need to submit to show sufficient accommodation for my wife.

Tenancy agreement ?

Do I need a property inspection report from my local council?
Or would a letter from letting agency be acceptable?
I was under the impression that UKVI only accept council''s property inspection report.
If letting agencies letter is acceptable then What needs to be stated in the letter?

2: Bank Statements
I will need to submit bank statements to show salary level, Do I need to get stamped bank statements from the bank or I can download and submit online bank statements ?

Thanks in advance.

1. Tenancy agreement, estate agent noc letter and property inspection report from estate agent/local council

2. If the online bank statements are in pdf format which matches with postal statements then can be used if are not marked as online version.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 pm

Thanks again Seagul. So just to summarise, I need the following for accommodation:

1: Tenancy Agreement
2: Estate agent NOC Letter
3: Property Inspection report from Estate agent

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:15 pm

innovinity wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 pm
Thanks again Seagul. So just to summarise, I need the following for accommodation:

Yes and if you have any council tax/utility bill in your name (optional)

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Thanks Seagul you are a shinning star.
I was given the wrong information by one of my friend that the property inspection report must be from the council
Thanks for reassuring that I can submit the property inspection report made by my Estate agent.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi,

Following the advise yesterday I contacted my letting agency today and they say they have never written an NOC letter or created a property inspection report.

Can I please check if someone can share a template for an NOC letter and property inspection report so I can provide to them.

I also contacted my local council but they do not have a service for property inspection report.

My worry is what do I do if letting agency refuses to give me NOC and property inspection report.

What are my options?

Who is authorised to issue a property inspection report that is acceptable to UKVI.

I see some websites offering the report by charging between 100 to 150 pounds but I am not sure if they are genuine and will be acceptable to UKVI.

Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:45 pm

innovinity wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Following the advise yesterday I contacted my letting agency today and they say they have never written an NOC letter or created a property inspection report.
:shock: :shock:
innovinity wrote:

My worry is what do I do if letting agency refuses to give me NOC and property inspection report.
Noc letter from same estate agent or landlord is mandatory whereas property inspection can be carried out by any other reasonably established high street estate agent.
innovinity wrote:

Who is authorised to issue a property inspection report that is acceptable to UKVI.
There is no list
innovinity wrote:
I see some websites offering the report by charging between 100 to 150 pounds but I am not sure if they are genuine and will be acceptable to UKVI.
Don't use them

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 pm

innovinity wrote:
Hi,

Can I please check if someone can share a template for an NOC letter and property inspection report so I can provide to them.

I also contacted my local council but they do not have a service for property inspection report.

What are my options?

Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.
While not sure they can provide a property inspection report but surprised that a letting agency does not know how to prepare an NOC letter.
The council also does not do/prepare property inspection report for individuals ( so far as i am told). There are certified surveyors or property inspectors that provide this service. Cost was between £90-£120 2 years ago. They prepare the report, quote relevant sections of the Housing Act etc, signs the report and affix official stamp on it. Maybe dig further online beyond the adverts you saw or reach out to well established lettings agency they usually can point you to a property surveyor or inspector in your locality.

innovinity
Mood:

Post by innovinity » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:26 am

Thanks, Seagul and AmazonianX for your replies.

I have spoken to my friend with whom I share the accommodation and he is willing to move out (he was going to do it anyway before my wife comes in). That means I can go to the estate agency and ask them to prepare a tenancy agreement with my name only.

Would I need an inspection report when I am the only tenant and resident of a two-bed flat?

Would the tenancy agreement and NOC letter suffice in that case?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:54 am

innovinity wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:26 am

Would the tenancy agreement and NOC letter suffice in that case?
If he move out then property inspection report won't be needed rather just tenancy agreement & noc letter will be needed.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:04 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 pm

The council also does not do/prepare property inspection report for individuals ( so far as i am told). .
They do but charge more.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:35 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:04 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 pm

The council also does not do/prepare property inspection report for individuals ( so far as i am told). .
They do but charge more.
Thanks Seagul, well noted.

fiancespousequeries
Newly Registered

Post by fiancespousequeries » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 pm

For proof of suitable accommodation I submitted:
  • Tenancy Agreement
  • An email from the estate agents confirming how many rooms are at the property and confirmation that the landlord is happy for my fiancé to live in the property with me
  • Council Tax letter
this was all that was suggested by my immigration solicitor.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm

fiancespousequeries wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 pm
  • An email from the estate agents confirming how many rooms are at the property and confirmation that the landlord is happy for my fiancé to live in the property with me
Noc letter on estate agent letterhead carrys more weight.

fiancespousequeries
Newly Registered

Post by fiancespousequeries » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm
fiancespousequeries wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 pm
Noc letter on estate agent letterhead carrys more weight.
Apologies, it was a written letter not an email.