ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning from Redlist country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Returning from Redlist country

Post by bhatti_pk » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi

I am IT professional in private company in uk and coming back from pakistan - i need to know travel job exemptions for IT professional - IT and telecom engineers exempted but not sure if only govt employed reources?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... exemptions

Anyone came from list country and allowed entry without hotel stay after 9th of April ?

firestar786

Re: Returning from Redlist country

Post by firestar786 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:04 pm

I would confirm it with a solicitor.

Logically it makes sense but it doesn’t actually outline exactly how you prove it or whatever else

sam550

Post by sam550 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:38 am

Only essential employees are exempt who travel for work purposes, remote working isn’t exempt from any list.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 03, 2021 5:51 pm

I think the text is pretty self-explanatory.
This is for workers who undertake essential or emergency work in the UK, or are returning from conducting such work outside of the UK, where a department certifies that the work is necessary to facilitate essential government work or essential state business.

This exemption will only be granted on a case by case basis, in exceptional circumstances, where the work is sufficiently urgent and critical that undertaking a managed quarantine period is not possible.
The exemption would be granted exceptionally, if there is something vital that the government requires you to do. The exemption is being given by the government so that it can get some specific work out of you. Which is why a government department needs to sign off on that and certify that you need to be given that exemption. It is not a blanket exemption.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.