ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary on statements different to payslips - limited company director

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abdul_78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Salary on statements different to payslips - limited company director

Post by Abdul_78 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Hi. I am just about to apply for my wife’s FLR and have a bit of a problem. Due to miscommunication with my accountant I forgot to increase my monthly salary for much of my company’s tax year.

I usually wait for my accountant to tell me when to increase my monthly salary but I did not receive an email from him to increase it from £715 to £790 from April. I carried on transferring £715 from my business account to my personal account until I found out about it. This happened for about 7 months. My accountant is about to do my accounts and says that he can’t change the payslips but I can move a lump sum of the difference from my business to my personal account (or something along those lines) and he can write a covering letter to say that there was a miscommunication.

Does anyone know if this will be ok?

I am worried that since the payslips won’t match the money moving from my business to personal account this will cause a problem.

Please help

Abdul_78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Salary on statements different to payslips - limited company director

Post by Abdul_78 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:42 pm

Anybody?

Abdul_78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Abdul_78 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Can anyone help? I need to apply soon so really need some advice. Or if anyone knows where I can get help from it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:51 am

First of all what is the accounting period end of your company?

You can ask the accountant to adjust the past shortages in the payslip in the latest payslip and get a covering letter from the accountant to explain the reasons. If the company year end has not yet occured then you could also take dividends from the company and transfer that payment to your personal account.

Abdul_78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Abdul_78 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Sorry I haven’t been back on here for a few days because no one was replying so I wasn’t expecting anyone to.

My year end was October 2020.

I withdrew £18,000 in dividends during my company’s financial year. With the salary my total income is way above the £18,600 threshold. It’s just the discrepancy in the payslips that is the problem.