ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings Route Multiple Accounts

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

donnab25
Newly Registered

Savings Route Multiple Accounts

Post by donnab25 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 am

Hi there
I (UK Citizen) moved to South Africa 8 years ago and want to return to the UK with my South African spouse and our 4yo daughter (she is also a British Citizen).
I am not in employment and my husband is self-employed in SA so we ant to use the savings route. We do have the minimum amount of £62,500.00 but it has been held in 4 different accounts (3 South African 1 British) with varying balances for the past 6 months (always over the minimum amount in total but always in different accounts).
Is this acceptable if I submit with a letter explaining? Also I am considering moving it all into one account prior to the application because that will have instant access where as some of the others are not. Is this a good idea or does it add more confusion?
If anyone has any advise I would be so grateful.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Savings Route Multiple Accounts

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 am

donnab25 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 am
Hi there
I (UK Citizen) moved to South Africa 8 years ago and want to return to the UK with my South African spouse and our 4yo daughter (she is also a British Citizen).
I am not in employment and my husband is self-employed in SA so we ant to use the savings route. We do have the minimum amount of £62,500.00 but it has been held in 4 different accounts (3 South African 1 British) with varying balances for the past 6 months (always over the minimum amount in total but always in different accounts).
Is this acceptable if I submit with a letter explaining? Also I am considering moving it all into one account prior to the application because that will have instant access where as some of the others are not. Is this a good idea or does it add more confusion?
If anyone has any advise I would be so grateful.
Not a problem that the savings are held in different accounts and a cover letter can certainly help in clarifying the situation. I suspect moving the funds into one accounts will confuse the situation more than anything as you have to provide bank statements showing you have held the funds for a minimum of 6 months. That said, there is also a requirement that "The savings can be immediately withdrawn (with or without penalty)", so if the current accounts they are in don't allow for that then you will have to move them in order to meet the requirements. Additional details are in the guidance document below from page 48:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

donnab25
Newly Registered

Re: Savings Route Multiple Accounts

Post by donnab25 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Thank you so much for that. They are instant access so I will leave as is and explain in the covering letter.
Best wishes