ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scam marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Spaced69
Newly Registered

Scam marriage

Post by Spaced69 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:41 am

Im a british citizen and got married to a younger jamaican woman in jamaica apr 2017. I bought her and her daughter over on a 6mth visit visa...she was a nightmare from her arrival...but she convinced me to apply for the spouse visa for her and her daughter even though the solicitor advised we would be unsuccessful as applying in the uk..but said with appeals it would stretch out a year. The solicitor was right and she was refused. Feb 2019 my wife assaulted me several times over a stupid discussion which luckily i have voice recorded...she then left to go het sister in london but returned a week later..she was still a nightmare to live with and a few month later whilst she was in london i received a letter to parent/guardian for her daughter..i opened and was from local safeguarding team...when i called my wife she refused to explain about the letter and said she was gonna stay with her sister in london and blocked me from all communication. She turned up with her daughter 10days later at 3am banging the door down...i answered and was punched serveral times until she gained access. I called the police and she was asked to leave, taking most of her stuff. I believe social services put her up in a hotel and i was asked if i would take her back 2wks later by social services. I was called into social/child services to make a statement. I also read her statement that accused me of sexual abuse, mental abuse, physical abuse and financial abuse. I then defended myself accordingly with what evidence i had. Behind my back my wife has sought help from social services and the migrant centre to aid to remain in the uk as her daughter attends school. Jan 2020 my wife was called to attend appt at solihull deportation department and was told a further appointment would be sent, but then we had lockdown which nothing could be done. I was called by social services march 2021 and was told that the case had been closed and that they could no longer aid my wife with immigration. A cpl weeks later my wife announced she was returning to jamaica...she asked of i could buy her some new cases and pay £100 for a barrell to send stuff home...during the lockdown period she had turned into a born again chrisitian and she would listen to fb live preaching 70% of the time, but she was reasonable nice and bearable to live with. On 25th may 2021 we went to bed as usual, but i awoke 8.30am 26th to fimd that she had packed EVERYTHING during the night and had left the home...i have discovered she has taken some of my belongings along with £250 from my jeans pocket. I have reported to the police and still awaiting for them. In the meantime i have discovered that social/child services has reopened the case and i believe they have rehoused her. I can no longer find out whats been said this time as they state she has ended the relationship therefore cant disclose anything. It has been over 2wks simce she has left and after speaking to het aunty in jamaica...she told me that it was her who adbised my wife to go to social services and also that basically my wife married me soley to have her papers for the uk.
Yes im bitter and upset, im 51 and classed as disabled, and have thes abuse allegations hanging over me...and i sincerely will do my best to ensure my wife gets deported...so any advice or insight would be welcomed