ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self uploading documents through VFS Global

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

just jak
Mood:

Re: Self uploading documents through VFS Global

Post by just jak » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 am

Has anyone had success after self-uploading supporting documents for the entry clearance spouse visa? Can you share what categories you used please?

Unfortunately, we have to complete uploading before sis-in-law has biometrics done - hopefully it'll be this Thursday.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:11 pm

just jak wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 am
Has anyone had success after self-uploading supporting documents for the entry clearance spouse visa? Can you share what categories you used please?

Unfortunately, we have to complete uploading before sis-in-law has biometrics done - hopefully it'll be this Thursday.
Hi

My husband applied for his spouse visa on 23rd July and we needed to upload everything on the VFS website. As the majority of the documents that needed to be submitted were mine (sponsor) I decided to do this on my side.

Saying that i have NEVER been so frustrated with anything in my whole life would actually be an understatement - the VFS website is not fit for purpose. I uploaded documents many times (or atleast attempted to) the wesbite would constantly crash. We had to re-arrange my husband's biometrics due to not being able to upload the documents (we have to upload before biometrics). When I was finally able to upload the documents, when i viewed them, either the system would crash, or the documents would disappear despite seeing the successful upload notification. I ended up combining a lot of the documents into PDF's and sending appendix sheets with it.

I think i uploaded in the following categories:
Sponsor Details
Proof of relationship
Educational (IELTS)
And one for the TB Test certificate - can't remember what that was called.
It physically would not allow me to upload under any of the other categories and kept crashing.

I spent 2 whole weeks trying to upload documents.

I haven't yet heard back - so not even sure if the documents are OK when being viewed on the other side.

I would advise paying and allowing the VFS team to upload on the day of biometrics?

just jak
Mood:

Post by just jak » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Thanks for responding Fififadi. That sounds awful. I uploaded quite a few documents yesterday and was hopeful it'd be ok but the site is playing up even more today - I removed some docs too so I can put in a different folder so that hasn't helped. I just hate the thought of having to print all these documents just to have then scanned and uploaded when I already have them scanned and just need to upload.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:37 pm

just jak wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Thanks for responding Fififadi. That sounds awful. I uploaded quite a few documents yesterday and was hopeful it'd be ok but the site is playing up even more today - I removed some docs too so I can put in a different folder so that hasn't helped. I just hate the thought of having to print all these documents just to have then scanned and uploaded when I already have them scanned and just need to upload.
I know - just my WhatsApp conversation history even after being trimmed down was about 300 pages long - imagine having to print that!!

Good luck with the uploading. Keep at it - I feel the frustration. Tbh, when my husband when for his biometrics, he wasn't seen until 3 hours after his appointment, because the VFS team were struggling to upload the documents due to the system crashing - so i think it's quite frequent.

just jak
Mood:

Post by just jak » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm

I finally finished uploading the documents last night and have booked the biometric appointment for Thursday. Hopefully everything is fine.