ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separation before ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jeri
Newly Registered

Separation before ILR

Post by Jeri » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:27 am

Hello!

Please advice. I got my spouse visa July04 and will expire July06. Unfortunately my relationship with my husband didnt work and we are now planning to get a divorce, we dont have any children. My situation now is that Im due to give birth next month, the father is my Brit boyfriend, we've been living together since Jan05.

Whats the next step for me so we can be together specially that we're planning to raise our son here in UK. Obviously HO will not grant me an ILR since my marriage didnt work. I plan to push through with divorce before this yr ends then sort out my immigration status, but how? Marry my bf then apply for another spouse visa? or go home to my home country and make another visa application? but i dont want my child be separated long from his father or should i just get a lawyer to handle my case?

Will appreciate any advice. Thank you.