ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

shared accommodation spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mubala
Newly Registered

Spouse visa new application.

Post by mubala » Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm

hello, i have been on this forum for quite sometime now and i find this very helpful forum. I have a specific question hopefully i will find my answer. I got engaged in nov 2018. It was arranged through my parents with my consent. I spoke to girl on video call and chat. We got married in march 2019. Now my question is weather i should provide the evidence of communication from the date i got married or should i provide it from the date i got engaged. I don't have any photos with her before marriage and never met her in person. Thanks in Advance...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa new application.

Post by seagul » Wed May 15, 2019 6:16 pm

mubala wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm
from the date i got engaged
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 pm

You can alwys show screenshots of calls/video calls, messages etc from when you started talking

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:26 pm

mubala wrote:
never met her in person.
If you have never met in person, you will not succeed with a spouse visa. It is a mandatory requirement that you must have met in person and face to face.

How exactly did you get married??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 pm

mubala wrote:
hello, i have been on this forum for quite sometime now and i find this very helpful forum. I have a specific question hopefully i will find my answer. I got engaged in nov 2018. It was arranged through my parents with my consent. I spoke to girl on video call and chat. We got married in march 2019. Now my question is weather i should provide the evidence of communication from the date i got married or should i provide it from the date i got engaged. I don't have any photos with her before marriage and never met her in person. Thanks in Advance...
Hello,

Relationship starts from the day of the first meeting in person and communications are only needed from the date of marriage onwards.

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 15, 2019 6:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:26 pm
mubala wrote:
never met her in person.
If you have never met in person, you will not succeed with a spouse visa. It is a mandatory requirement that you must have met in person and face to face.

How exactly did you get married??
I thought he meant that he never met her before marriage?

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 pm
mubala wrote:
Hello,

and communications are only needed from the date of marriage onwards.
Is that only if you haven’t met in person?

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Wed May 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm
Jhelumi wrote:
mubala wrote:
Hello,

You have to have met in person.

They ask on the VAF 4A:
  • 1.2 Have you met the sponsor?
    1.3 Date of the first meeting.
    1.4 Where did the meeting took place.
    1.5 Start of the relationship.
Also, if you've been married for a year, they want to see that you've at least visited your spouse at least every six months otherwise it puts a question mark on the relationship.

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Wed May 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:04 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
Jhelumi wrote:
mubala wrote:
Hello,

They ask on the VAF 4A:
Also, if you've been married for a year, they want to see that you've at least visited your spouse at least every six months otherwise it puts a question mark on the relationship.
I mean if you haven’t met before marriage then you only need communication from after marriage?.

But if you have met in person before marriage .. then you can show communication from before and after marriage.. does that make sense?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm

In my view meeting in person is mandatory for marriage purposes but engagement can be done even without meeting through parents as happens in many cultures. You can write a covering letter and attach the evidences whatever you have prior to marriage too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mubala
Newly Registered

Post by mubala » Wed May 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Thanks guys for your valuable comments. I didn't mean to say that i have never met her all i meant was that i never met her preior to wedding we only spoke to each other on video call etc. I met her in person when i visited Pakistan to get married. I have so many pictures with her going out and post wedding pictures. My only question was weather i should really tell home office that i was engaged in Nov 2018 but didnt meet her in person until march 2019 or shall i just provide the evidence from the date we got married. Thanks

Rockinglove
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Rockinglove » Thu May 16, 2019 12:54 am

mubala wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:42 pm
Thanks guys for your valuable comments. I didn't mean to say that i have never met her all i meant was that i never met her preior to wedding we only spoke to each other on video call etc. I met her in person when i visited Pakistan to get married. I have so many pictures with her going out and post wedding pictures. My only question was weather i should really tell home office that i was engaged in Nov 2018 but didnt meet her in person until march 2019 or shall i just provide the evidence from the date we got married. Thanks
Best to provide the evidence from the date you got married , so it’s less confusing .
Allah is Great

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Thu May 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:15 pm
Jhelumi wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:04 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
Jhelumi wrote:

Hello,

They ask on the VAF 4A:
I mean if you haven’t met before marriage then you only need communication from after marriage?.

But if you have met in person before marriage .. then you can show communication from before and after marriage.. does that make sense?
Hello,

Communications are only necessary from the date of marriage onwards.

mubala
Newly Registered

Post by mubala » Thu May 16, 2019 11:10 pm

Can anyone share their personal experience? I am just confused by so many different opinions can someone with a similar case advise me whether is it best to provide the communication evidenc after wedding? Or after engagement. Its only been 2 months since i got married are two months chat logs video call screenshots enough to satisfy home office? What impact will it make if i include communications proof from my engagement date.

mubala
Newly Registered

Property Inspection report for shared accommodation

Post by mubala » Sun May 19, 2019 2:40 pm

I am renting a double room in a shared accommodation. can i get the property inspection report from an estate agent? or does it have to be from a council or any other approve authorities?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Property Inspection report for shared accommodation

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:59 pm

mubala wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:40 pm
I am renting a double room in a shared accommodation. can i get the property inspection report from an estate agent? or does it have to be from a council or any other approve authorities?
An estate agent can do it. You also need a NOC letter from your landlord.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mubala
Newly Registered

Sponser letter for spouse visa.

Post by mubala » Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm

Can someone guide me how to write a good sponsor letter for my wife? What information should i include? Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Sponser letter for spouse visa.

Post by seagul » Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm

mubala wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm
Can someone guide me how to write a good sponsor letter for my wife? What information should i include? Thanks
Its optional and there is no fixed template. Usually it need to be precise and relevant.

mubala
Newly Registered

shared accommodation spouse visa

Post by mubala » Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 pm

In the new Access uk system there is a question "Other residents at this property immigration" and they are asking about full Details of the other residents at this property. their names, d.o.b , relationship to me, their passport details, do i really need to provide them, as i don't really know who live in the property.

mubala
Newly Registered

Re: shared accommodation spouse visa

Post by mubala » Wed May 22, 2019 5:04 pm

can anyone answer my above query ? its pretty urgent. thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 22, 2019 7:12 pm

mubala wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 pm
In the new Access uk system there is a question "Other residents at this property immigration" and they are asking about full Details of the other residents at this property. their names, d.o.b , relationship to me, their passport details, do i really need to provide them, as i don't really know who live in the property.
Yes and also the same information will have to be included on property inspection report by estate agent/council.

mubala
Newly Registered

Post by mubala » Wed May 22, 2019 9:43 pm

I spoke to my landlord and he refused to share others tenants details. What are my options?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 22, 2019 9:47 pm

mubala wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:43 pm
I spoke to my landlord and he refused to share others tenants details. What are my options?
Change the property

mubala
Newly Registered

Post by mubala » Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Well i paid my deposit already. I wasn't aware of this rule that you need to give personal details of other occupants. They refused to share their personal details. The least i can get is their full name and maybe date of birth. Can i write a letter explaining the tenants wont share their details?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 23, 2019 9:12 am

mubala wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 pm
Well i paid my deposit already. I wasn't aware of this rule that you need to give personal details of other occupants. They refused to share their personal details. The least i can get is their full name and maybe date of birth. Can i write a letter explaining the tenants wont share their details?
How about the noc letter from landlord/owner/estate (not from other tenants) and property inspection report? Can you get it?