ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should my child (ILR holder) wait 1-yr before naturalisation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flyez

Should my child (ILR holder) wait 1-yr before naturalisation

Post by flyez » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Hi,

I and my child (age 5 and born outside UK) were granted ILR recently. I know I need to hold ILR for at least 1-year before I submit an naturalisation application for myself or both of us.

But I am wondering if I can now register my child as british citizen or not. Should my child also need to hold 1-year ILR like me? If can, what form should I submit for my child? Just want to know if there is alternative and compare the possible advantage/disadvantages.

I am not quite clear on relevant immigration rules, so I do appreciate very much if someone can answer this silly question. Thanks.

John

Post by John » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:00 pm

As the child was born outside the UK it will be necessary to wait until you are applying for your Naturalisation. Enter the child's details into Section 2 of the form AN(NEW).

That way, when you are granted your naturalisation, your child will be registered as British.
John

flyez

Post by flyez » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:33 pm

Thanks for quick and clear reply.