ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorting my spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Post Reply
Danra
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:47 pm
Ireland

Sponsorting my spouse

Post by Danra » Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm

Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 7585
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by seagul » Sun May 31, 2020 4:52 am

Danra wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:
It shouldn't be so burdensome & uncustomary as many are already doing so even doing two jobs. Also before the CVD19 outbreak, the uni classes were not taking place every single day which now transformed into e-learning. I am afraid but you have to find a job giving you at least £18600 or if you have cash savings then may use them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Member of Standing
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 31, 2020 7:08 am

Danra wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:
As a full time student if getting Student Finance England funding, a part of the funding i.e. maintenance grants or stipends is accepted as income and can be used towards meeting the financial requirements.
See Pg 40-41 6.1.8 of Appendix FM Section 1.7

Danra
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:47 pm
Ireland

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by Danra » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:22 pm

Are you saying that if you are ''full time'' student, you have to be ''full time'' employee at the same time? And happen to land on a job that would precisely pay you £18,600?
You said it's not as burdensome as many are already doing two jobs? So please tell me, if someone is doing two jobs to make £18,600, if you could explain how are they studying full time and pass their degree in good grades and at the same time raise a 3-year-old child, a sick mother who has cancer?
seagul wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:52 am
Danra wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:
It shouldn't be so burdensome & uncustomary as many are already doing so even doing two jobs. Also before the CVD19 outbreak, the uni classes were not taking place every single day which now transformed into e-learning. I am afraid but you have to find a job giving you at least £18600 or if you have cash savings then may use them.

Danra
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:47 pm
Ireland

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by Danra » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 pm

What if it's in Scotland or other parts of country?
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:08 am
Danra wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:
As a full time student if getting Student Finance England funding, a part of the funding i.e. maintenance grants or stipends is accepted as income and can be used towards meeting the financial requirements.
See Pg 40-41 6.1.8 of Appendix FM Section 1.7

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 72107
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 am

Danra wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 pm
What if it's in Scotland or other parts of country?
The financial requirements applies to the whole of the UK, so all 4 countries that make up the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manugmedia
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
Ethiopia

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:22 am

Danra wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:
Don't even think of it, if you breach your visa conditions you will be in for a long haul with HO.
Why don't you just finish your studies then extended to work visa and from then on you can go the spouse visa route.
In life you always have to make sacrifices.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 72107
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:25 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:22 am
Danra wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:
Don't even think of it, if you breach your visa conditions you will be in for a long haul with HO.
Why don't you just finish your studies then extended to work visa and from then on you can go the spouse visa route.
In life you always have to make sacrifices.
Did you actually read the posts properly?? The OP is the sponsor for a spouse visa and not a tier 4 visa holder!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 7585
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:29 am

Danra wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:22 pm
So please tell me, if someone is doing two jobs to make £18,600, if you could explain how are they studying full time and pass their degree in good grades and at the same time raise a 3-year-old child, a sick mother who has cancer?
Economics says that wants & needs are unlimited as an inherent condition of human existence means none of us will ever satisfied regardless of what we have achieved or have been striving for. But unfortunately when this theory is dragged over the immigration covenant then it gets expunged by demanding to have a pacific need and how someone will be able to satisfy it. Therefore, it is up to you as what are your present priorities and future targets because the criteria set by the immigration authorities is same for everyone. Also be informed that if you are looking after someone who is disable and claiming some certain benefits then you may be eligible for carer allowance giving you exemption from financial requirement provided you reduce your study hours.
https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Danra
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:47 pm
Ireland

Re: Sponsorting my spouse

Post by Danra » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:09 am

What are you talking abut? I said I am a British citizen, and I am talking about meeting MIR.
Manugmedia wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:22 am
Danra wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 pm
Can anyone give me advice on if I can sponsor my non EU/Non-British husband if I am a full time student. How can I land on £18600 if I am full time studying. Seems like my family can't be united unless I ditch my studies and look for work that pay me £18600. Can anyone provide information on such a situation?
:cry: :cry:
Don't even think of it, if you breach your visa conditions you will be in for a long haul with HO.
Why don't you just finish your studies then extended to work visa and from then on you can go the spouse visa route.
In life you always have to make sacrifices.

Post Reply
cron