ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:45 am
Mashimar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am
There is a small update - the decision was made but I do not know the outcome neither do not have passport in my hands. I contacted UKVI - which was really useless and only managed to escalate my enquiry further to find out when I would be able to get my passport back.

So far I know the timeline

2 august - was asked to bring my passport to visa centre
5 august - I submitted my passport
6 august - APPLICATION WAS UPDATED TO ‘DECISION MADE’
14 august - documents were sent back by UKVI
15 - husband received documents

So far that’s it. I have not seen any other news from UKVI since. I hope for the good outcome since the decision made STRAIGHT AFTER I submitted my passport.

Last year when they refused me a visa I was sent an email that my application is not straightforward and it might take extra time for them to review (it was august 22nd) and September 11 I got an email with the refusal and reasons for that (however, the letter with the refusal had a date 22 august). And I think after that they send all documents back. In this case I have good thoughts as all documents are correct, everything is fine and in order, the only issue is that i was refused before but just due to financial reasons - and now they are all perfect and meet all requirements.

So far no scary emails that the application is taking longer to review neither refusal letters. Really hope for the best, but definitely not going to Italy as tomorrow is Friday - the last day before Italy I can hear any news and collect the passport:)
Hi Thanks for the update. I really hope it is all good news for you. I'm sure everything will be fine this time round for you.

Did they call you or send you an email when they asked you to bring the passport to the visa centre? How are you getting these updates? did you receive emails. Have you paid extra to be notified at each stage as I cannot see any change is status. I have only received email saying its being prepared for consideration. 40th working day today and still no call to take the passport to visa centre.

I'm sorry to hear about Italy. But hopefully once its all approved you can go to many holidays together.
I got a call from the visa centre directly saying that UKVI wants my passport. Maybe they usually send an email, but my Russian visa centre decided to call me first (probably would be easier and faster). After my husband received documents, I decided to contact UKVI directly, you know where you NEED TO PAY TO WRITE AN EMAIL. I wrote that I need a clear reason for taking my passport and if the decision was made. After that got a response about when the decision was made (but no outcome since it is just a general enquiry and they can’t see full application) and I asked to escalate my inquiry to the relevant department to find out when I will get my passport back.

As far as I understand they should notify if the application review will take longer due to some problems (in my case last year were only problems with money support). This year we have not received anything similar (only that they got my application). Hope for all best since it was so quick for them to make a decision, do not think UKVI asked visa centre to do something extra with my passport
Thank you for replying. So my partner should either receive call or email to also take passport. How long does it usually take?

How many days has it been for you overall? Has it not exceeded the 60 working days. I think it will all be fine hopefully and visa is approved.

Keep me updated as I want to know how long it takes once you submit passport?

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:44 pm

I honestly do not know how long it takes, but based on the fact it is almost a month since my passport is in the visa centre - LONG.

It has been around 60 days until they made a decision. As far as I am aware, the period starts when they RECEIVE AND START reviewing, not when you submitted online application, so in my case it stared somewhere in June. Honestly, i do not know when I got an email saying they received and prepare to review the application as my visa agent put his email to track the progress. Last year i got the email a week after I submitted my biometric and sent documents. So maybe it took them even less than 60 days to review but now takes ages to bring passport back. Really do not know how their system works inside UKVI office that they are so long with that.

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:04 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:08 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:45 am
Mashimar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am
There is a small update - the decision was made but I do not know the outcome neither do not have passport in my hands. I contacted UKVI - which was really useless and only managed to escalate my enquiry further to find out when I would be able to get my passport back.

So far I know the timeline

2 august - was asked to bring my passport to visa centre
5 august - I submitted my passport
6 august - APPLICATION WAS UPDATED TO ‘DECISION MADE’
14 august - documents were sent back by UKVI
15 - husband received documents

So far that’s it. I have not seen any other news from UKVI since. I hope for the good outcome since the decision made STRAIGHT AFTER I submitted my passport.

Last year when they refused me a visa I was sent an email that my application is not straightforward and it might take extra time for them to review (it was august 22nd) and September 11 I got an email with the refusal and reasons for that (however, the letter with the refusal had a date 22 august). And I think after that they send all documents back. In this case I have good thoughts as all documents are correct, everything is fine and in order, the only issue is that i was refused before but just due to financial reasons - and now they are all perfect and meet all requirements.

So far no scary emails that the application is taking longer to review neither refusal letters. Really hope for the best, but definitely not going to Italy as tomorrow is Friday - the last day before Italy I can hear any news and collect the passport:)
Hi Thanks for the update. I really hope it is all good news for you. I'm sure everything will be fine this time round for you.

Did they call you or send you an email when they asked you to bring the passport to the visa centre? How are you getting these updates? did you receive emails. Have you paid extra to be notified at each stage as I cannot see any change is status. I have only received email saying its being prepared for consideration. 40th working day today and still no call to take the passport to visa centre.

I'm sorry to hear about Italy. But hopefully once its all approved you can go to many holidays together.
I got a call from the visa centre directly saying that UKVI wants my passport. Maybe they usually send an email, but my Russian visa centre decided to call me first (probably would be easier and faster). After my husband received documents, I decided to contact UKVI directly, you know where you NEED TO PAY TO WRITE AN EMAIL. I wrote that I need a clear reason for taking my passport and if the decision was made. After that got a response about when the decision was made (but no outcome since it is just a general enquiry and they can’t see full application) and I asked to escalate my inquiry to the relevant department to find out when I will get my passport back.

As far as I understand they should notify if the application review will take longer due to some problems (in my case last year were only problems with money support). This year we have not received anything similar (only that they got my application). Hope for all best since it was so quick for them to make a decision, do not think UKVI asked visa centre to do something extra with my passport
Thank you for replying. So my partner should either receive call or email to also take passport. How long does it usually take?

How many days has it been for you overall? Has it not exceeded the 60 working days. I think it will all be fine hopefully and visa is approved.

Keep me updated as I want to know how long it takes once you submit passport?
UPDATE

I just got a call from the visa centre to pick up my passport. on my way now, do not know the decision yet. AS IT TURNED OUT, the passport was ready to collect SINCE 8 AUGUST.

so the timeline is - 2 August - was asked for passport, 5 august - submitted passport, 6 - decision made, 8 - ready to collect. do not know why it took them so long to notify me. they told me that they sent an automatic mail but nether me or my agent got it. will let you know the decision

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:11 am

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:04 am
Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:08 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:45 am


Hi Thanks for the update. I really hope it is all good news for you. I'm sure everything will be fine this time round for you.

Did they call you or send you an email when they asked you to bring the passport to the visa centre? How are you getting these updates? did you receive emails. Have you paid extra to be notified at each stage as I cannot see any change is status. I have only received email saying its being prepared for consideration. 40th working day today and still no call to take the passport to visa centre.

I'm sorry to hear about Italy. But hopefully once its all approved you can go to many holidays together.
I got a call from the visa centre directly saying that UKVI wants my passport. Maybe they usually send an email, but my Russian visa centre decided to call me first (probably would be easier and faster). After my husband received documents, I decided to contact UKVI directly, you know where you NEED TO PAY TO WRITE AN EMAIL. I wrote that I need a clear reason for taking my passport and if the decision was made. After that got a response about when the decision was made (but no outcome since it is just a general enquiry and they can’t see full application) and I asked to escalate my inquiry to the relevant department to find out when I will get my passport back.

As far as I understand they should notify if the application review will take longer due to some problems (in my case last year were only problems with money support). This year we have not received anything similar (only that they got my application). Hope for all best since it was so quick for them to make a decision, do not think UKVI asked visa centre to do something extra with my passport
Thank you for replying. So my partner should either receive call or email to also take passport. How long does it usually take?

How many days has it been for you overall? Has it not exceeded the 60 working days. I think it will all be fine hopefully and visa is approved.

Keep me updated as I want to know how long it takes once you submit passport?
UPDATE

I just got a call from the visa centre to pick up my passport. on my way now, do not know the decision yet. AS IT TURNED OUT, the passport was ready to collect SINCE 8 AUGUST.

so the timeline is - 2 August - was asked for passport, 5 august - submitted passport, 6 - decision made, 8 - ready to collect. do not know why it took them so long to notify me. they told me that they sent an automatic mail but nether me or my agent got it. will let you know the decision

Good luck, thanks for keeping me updated. That is so bad, I keep hearing stories where they forget to contact. Does that mean the dates for travel won't be valid for long now since it was available for collection 8th August. Cause of them not contacting you have missed holiday to Italy. i hope its all good news.

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 am

GOT VISA!

as it turned out my visa was already given me on August 6, but somehow nobody notify me! I am flying to the UK on September 5 - last day for me to arrive to UK, and next day going to post office to collect the card. I am so happy, but also so disappointed that nobody wrote me anything about visa. It was just in thenvisa centre for almost a month.

If the visa dates expire, you need to contact UKVI to get a new sticker (additional cost)

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 am
GOT VISA!

as it turned out my visa was already given me on August 6, but somehow nobody notify me! I am flying to the UK on September 5 - last day for me to arrive to UK, and next day going to post office to collect the card. I am so happy, but also so disappointed that nobody wrote me anything about visa. It was just in thenvisa centre for almost a month.

If the visa dates expire, you need to contact UKVI to get a new sticker (additional cost)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's so disappointing how they failed to notify you. What was there excuse?
So all along UKVI could have just told you but they didn't and you kept wasting money calling them.
Did they mention how long it usually takes for visa to be on passport once you hand it in? As I'm waiting for call/text/email for my partner to also take her passport and dont want the same thing happening.

Once again, congratulations. I'm so happy for you!

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 am
GOT VISA!

as it turned out my visa was already given me on August 6, but somehow nobody notify me! I am flying to the UK on September 5 - last day for me to arrive to UK, and next day going to post office to collect the card. I am so happy, but also so disappointed that nobody wrote me anything about visa. It was just in thenvisa centre for almost a month.

If the visa dates expire, you need to contact UKVI to get a new sticker (additional cost)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's so disappointing how they failed to notify you. What was there excuse?
So all along UKVI could have just told you but they didn't and you kept wasting money calling them.
Did they mention how long it usually takes for visa to be on passport once you hand it in? As I'm waiting for call/text/email for my partner to also take her passport and dont want the same thing happening.

Once again, congratulations. I'm so happy for you!
Thanks so much!

As it turned out it was a mistake from the visa centre, not UKVI. UKVI notified visa centre that visa is ready. The girl in the centre told me that once visa sticker is inside passport - they issue an automatic email. HOWEVER, somehow it has not been sent. It was my agent’s email there, but I checked everywhere - it was a correct and agent was getting emails before. Maybe there was a glitch or something. Do not know.

When they take passport for a visa it shoud take up to 10 working days to insert it. Based on what I was told, it took them just two days to do it. Hope your partner visa will be positive as well!

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 am
GOT VISA!

as it turned out my visa was already given me on August 6, but somehow nobody notify me! I am flying to the UK on September 5 - last day for me to arrive to UK, and next day going to post office to collect the card. I am so happy, but also so disappointed that nobody wrote me anything about visa. It was just in thenvisa centre for almost a month.

If the visa dates expire, you need to contact UKVI to get a new sticker (additional cost)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's so disappointing how they failed to notify you. What was there excuse?
So all along UKVI could have just told you but they didn't and you kept wasting money calling them.
Did they mention how long it usually takes for visa to be on passport once you hand it in? As I'm waiting for call/text/email for my partner to also take her passport and dont want the same thing happening.

Once again, congratulations. I'm so happy for you!
Thanks so much!

As it turned out it was a mistake from the visa centre, not UKVI. UKVI notified visa centre that visa is ready. The girl in the centre told me that once visa sticker is inside passport - they issue an automatic email. HOWEVER, somehow it has not been sent. It was my agent’s email there, but I checked everywhere - it was a correct and agent was getting emails before. Maybe there was a glitch or something. Do not know.

When they take passport for a visa it shoud take up to 10 working days to insert it. Based on what I was told, it took them just two days to do it. Hope your partner visa will be positive as well!

Ok thanks for all the updates. I hope you have a safe journey, all the best!! :D

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 am
GOT VISA!

as it turned out my visa was already given me on August 6, but somehow nobody notify me! I am flying to the UK on September 5 - last day for me to arrive to UK, and next day going to post office to collect the card. I am so happy, but also so disappointed that nobody wrote me anything about visa. It was just in thenvisa centre for almost a month.

If the visa dates expire, you need to contact UKVI to get a new sticker (additional cost)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's so disappointing how they failed to notify you. What was there excuse?
So all along UKVI could have just told you but they didn't and you kept wasting money calling them.
Did they mention how long it usually takes for visa to be on passport once you hand it in? As I'm waiting for call/text/email for my partner to also take her passport and dont want the same thing happening.

Once again, congratulations. I'm so happy for you!
Thanks so much!

As it turned out it was a mistake from the visa centre, not UKVI. UKVI notified visa centre that visa is ready. The girl in the centre told me that once visa sticker is inside passport - they issue an automatic email. HOWEVER, somehow it has not been sent. It was my agent’s email there, but I checked everywhere - it was a correct and agent was getting emails before. Maybe there was a glitch or something. Do not know.

When they take passport for a visa it shoud take up to 10 working days to insert it. Based on what I was told, it took them just two days to do it. Hope your partner visa will be positive as well!
Hi just a quick question. How does home office know that you have paid extra for the keep my passport service. As in do they get notified by th application centre? Will it ever be overlooked or will they know straight away as they wouldn't have the actual passport? Is the visa stamped at the application centre or by home office in uk? Thanks

User avatar
Jaune08
Member
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Mexico

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Hi just a quick question. How does home office know that you have paid extra for the keep my passport service.
Home Office doesn’t know I think, as it’s a service provided independently by the visa centre. Just like any other premium services they offer. That’s why the visa centre is the one who calls you to hand over your passport and not Sheffield.

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Is the visa stamped at the application centre or by home office in uk?
Once your visa is approved, HO Sheffield will notify to the visa centre or embassy to issue the vignette. The vignette is stamped on your passport either at the VFS visa centre or embassy (this depends on which one works as the UK visa centre in your country).

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:08 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Hi just a quick question. How does home office know that you have paid extra for the keep my passport service.
Home Office doesn’t know I think, as it’s a service provided independently by the visa centre. Just like any other premium services they offer. That’s why the visa centre is the one who calls you to hand over your passport and not Sheffield.

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Is the visa stamped at the application centre or by home office in uk?
Once your visa is approved, HO Sheffield will notify to the visa centre or embassy to issue the vignette. The vignette is stamped on your passport either at the VFS visa centre or embassy (this depends on which one works as the UK visa centre in your country).
I think UKVI somehow knows about passport, since Visa Centre notifies them any updates. In my case they UKVI directly asked visa centre for my passport, so they knew it was kept with me. It is same if you asked for a fast track at the visa centre.

the Visa Centre prints and puts the sticker on the passport, but it will say in the sticker who issued it. In my sticker it says UKVI 01 since it was reviewed in the UK, student visas/tourists are usually issued my the local embassy in your country (for example, in mine it was Moscow embassy)

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:08 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Hi just a quick question. How does home office know that you have paid extra for the keep my passport service.
Home Office doesn’t know I think, as it’s a service provided independently by the visa centre. Just like any other premium services they offer. That’s why the visa centre is the one who calls you to hand over your passport and not Sheffield.

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Is the visa stamped at the application centre or by home office in uk?
Once your visa is approved, HO Sheffield will notify to the visa centre or embassy to issue the vignette. The vignette is stamped on your passport either at the VFS visa centre or embassy (this depends on which one works as the UK visa centre in your country).
I think UKVI somehow knows about passport, since Visa Centre notifies them any updates. In my case they UKVI directly asked visa centre for my passport, so they knew it was kept with me. It is same if you asked for a fast track at the visa centre.

the Visa Centre prints and puts the sticker on the passport, but it will say in the sticker who issued it. In my sticker it says UKVI 01 since it was reviewed in the UK, student visas/tourists are usually issued my the local embassy in your country (for example, in mine it was Moscow embassy)

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:31 pm

I successfully crossed the border last night and got my card today:)

There was a small issue at the border control, I think it was because I arrived on the last day and maybe because the system showed my refusals. I was put in a waiting area (you know next to queue with glass walls) for like 5 minutes, but everything was fine and they let me in!

User avatar
Jaune08
Member
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Mexico

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:31 pm
There was a small issue at the border control, I think it was because I arrived on the last day and maybe because the system showed my refusals. I was put in a waiting area (you know next to queue with glass walls) for like 5 minutes, but everything was fine and they let me in!
That’s really useful, thanks for the input!!!! I was thinking of flying on the last day of the visa, but I think I will book my flight 5 days before or so.

Did they tell you why you had to wait or just the typical “stay aside please and wait till we come back”? I’m asking because I have a previous refusal too and it makes me wonder if I’ll be stopped as well...

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:31 pm
There was a small issue at the border control, I think it was because I arrived on the last day and maybe because the system showed my refusals. I was put in a waiting area (you know next to queue with glass walls) for like 5 minutes, but everything was fine and they let me in!
That’s really useful, thanks for the input!!!! I was thinking of flying on the last day of the visa, but I think I will book my flight 5 days before or so.

Did they tell you why you had to wait or just the typical “stay aside please and wait till we come back”? I’m asking because I have a previous refusal too and it makes me wonder if I’ll be stopped as well...
Congratulations on arriving safely.

Hi thanks for updates. So I applied in Pakistan. Kept passport. Passport won't need to come to uk and it shouldn't take more than ten working days. What is your timescale and what was reason for first refusal. What did they ask when you arrived and which county you applying from.

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Russia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Mashimar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am

Jaune08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:31 pm
There was a small issue at the border control, I think it was because I arrived on the last day and maybe because the system showed my refusals. I was put in a waiting area (you know next to queue with glass walls) for like 5 minutes, but everything was fine and they let me in!
That’s really useful, thanks for the input!!!! I was thinking of flying on the last day of the visa, but I think I will book my flight 5 days before or so.

Did they tell you why you had to wait or just the typical “stay aside please and wait till we come back”? I’m asking because I have a previous refusal too and it makes me wonder if I’ll be stopped as well...
The border controller just asked me to wait in the waiting area as she needed to make some enquiries. I think it was because of my last day of arrival and she wanted to double check if I am still allowed to collect my biometric card (on the letter it says I can collect the card either within 30 days of my visa sticker or within 10 days since arriving to the UK).

AmazonianX
Member of Standing
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 am

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am

The border controller just asked me to wait in the waiting area as she needed to make some enquiries. I think it was because of my last day of arrival and she wanted to double check if I am still allowed to collect my biometric card (on the letter it says I can collect the card either within 30 days of my visa sticker or within 10 days since arriving to the UK).
Congratulations, enjoy be great time with family.

waleed205
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:32 am
Mood:
Australia

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by waleed205 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:01 am

congratulations..

Can you please share how it is written on the vignette? do they say "accompany" or "join" or it does not matter?

Also does it have a work permit and National Insurance Number NI?

User avatar
Jaune08
Member
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Mexico

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am
The border controller just asked me to wait in the waiting area as she needed to make some enquiries. I think it was because of my last day of arrival and she wanted to double check if I am still allowed to collect my biometric card (on the letter it says I can collect the card either within 30 days of my visa sticker or within 10 days since arriving to the UK).
Thanks again!!! And congratulations :)
waleed205 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:01 am
Also does it have a work permit and National Insurance Number NI?
It does have a work permit, but you must get the NIN yourself. Only certain visas (i.e., Tier 2) already have an assigned NIN since the beginning.

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am
Jaune08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Mashimar wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:31 pm
There was a small issue at the border control, I think it was because I arrived on the last day and maybe because the system showed my refusals. I was put in a waiting area (you know next to queue with glass walls) for like 5 minutes, but everything was fine and they let me in!
That’s really useful, thanks for the input!!!! I was thinking of flying on the last day of the visa, but I think I will book my flight 5 days before or so.

Did they tell you why you had to wait or just the typical “stay aside please and wait till we come back”? I’m asking because I have a previous refusal too and it makes me wonder if I’ll be stopped as well...
The border controller just asked me to wait in the waiting area as she needed to make some enquiries. I think it was because of my last day of arrival and she wanted to double check if I am still allowed to collect my biometric card (on the letter it says I can collect the card either within 30 days of my visa sticker or within 10 days since arriving to the UK).
Hi i hope you are well and all settled here in the U.K.

Can I ask did you receive an email initially stating the application has been assessed and they require your passport. Did they mention how long it usually takes? My partner handed in last friday and still no news. I'm getting slightly worried now.

Post Reply
cron