ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
batleykhan
Moderator
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:46 am

Well done Asif. You and your family have thought over and planned everything very carefully.

I doubt whether you will have any problem in getting your wife a visa,

It is a pity some of the other people here dont do the same, as it will save them a lot of hassle later on.

All docs seem fine,I wont bother sending your parents spassport and the bracelet bit.I think it will be overkill.

Remember they only look at your application once and then make a decison, so if you have all the neccesary docs there,it should caus eno problem.

Let us know how you get on.

2036789
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:26 pm
Location: LONDON
Contact:

Post by 2036789 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:04 am

R1z wrote:Salaam Layla..

My husband went without the call from gerrys so perhaps if its not far from your husbands house he should make that visit.
when your husband wentwithout a call, did I ask why didnt you wait for the call and what did you say to get in
MM

Asif121
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: LONDON UK

Post by Asif121 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:37 am

Chavy wrote:Your employed by your dad's company and your bank statements are printouts (bank managers letter should help but no gaurantee), where is your P60? These are the concerns I have. ECOs are unforgiving, mercilus and inhumane barbaric savages.

Relationship wise, I think your okay, but you need some post wedding snaps. Why the delay in the application? You've been married since April.
I don't think they accept DVDs anymore, they don't have the reserve time to watch guests hovering up food (or wiping their hands on your cashmere curtains, stealing your prized paanday/murghis, or riding your gadha etc) the photos should suffice.

Her wearing the bracelet pictures fine, but the evidence is circumstantial, the bracelet could be from anyone, unless you have it engraved with your undying love.

Batley bhaiya thanks for signposting the article, lol.
First of all thanks for the reply, which was a very swift one indeed, i was just amazed how u guys find the time and are so helpful,

as for my bank statements they are the next best thing to the originals, not jus crap printoutouts, the actual ledger copy printouts from the branch with a bank managers covering letter on barclays letter headed paper explaining everything an all ink stamped, do u think they will be okay in ur opinion?

married since april but making application now as its taken this long for my wife to sort her Nadra ID card an passport out an she only got all these things done up until a few weeks as well as her medical being on the 9th of this month, im sure u know how it is in pakistan, but i didnt think i had left it too long since its only been 6 months since wedding am i wrong in assuming this ?

as for my p60 this is my main worrying concern, to be honest i dont have one yet as i only started work in June, should i put the correct date of employment start on her App form? can i ask my dads accountant for a p60? or is this soemthing u only get at the end of the year ?
am i right to be worried as ive only been employed officially for last 4 months? or shud i go onto explian this further in additional info that i was sort of self employed in my dads business as up until now i havent mentioned anywhere in the application that its my dad who i work for, just stated the company name etc

truth is ive been working in my dads business for past few years an he did all the tax side of things as he is self employed an im sure u know how it is when it comes to family business's, u just work, no questions lol, so i only went onto the books officially since june hence why i only have last 4 months wage slips, but i havent been on any public funds for over 5-6 years an i have heard that u can go to the job centre an get some sort of letter to confirm this to say u are not or have not been on any public funds, is this right ?

will they at least accept the DVDs or at least accept the cd with all the photos on it ? or is it better to send printouts, if so how many do u think ?

as for post wedding snaps i dont have any as my whole wedding affair was a very rushed low key affair, as originally my parents went pakistan just to look an then all of a sudden i was summoned to pakistan lol it was such a last minute rush job all done within 3 weeks an i was only there for a few days after the wedding with my wife before i had to come back to the uk, so we planned all to return in october time in time to sort all paperwork out on both sides an then be able to spend some proper time with her over next few months

Surely from the pain an heartache they create in the time they take to assess an application, u wud assume they wud find 5 mins to quickly flick through a Cd with photos on a PC an maybe quickly browse thru a dvd, as one wud assume these things wud be vital evidence, in terms of family members an numbers attended an the whole wedding setup on the day, to be able to make it easier to distinguish genuine weddings, as it can be quite clear an evident from 500+ photos of before an after ceremonies an DVD if it is genuine wedding or not, instead of just a few photo printouts

sorry for the essay again, its just so much worrying an so many questions that u know if ur doing every thing right or not, thanks for all ur help

Asif121
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: LONDON UK

Post by Asif121 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:42 am

batleykhan wrote:Well done Asif. You and your family have thought over and planned everything very carefully.

I doubt whether you will have any problem in getting your wife a visa,

It is a pity some of the other people here dont do the same, as it will save them a lot of hassle later on.

All docs seem fine,I wont bother sending your parents spassport and the bracelet bit.I think it will be overkill.

Remember they only look at your application once and then make a decison, so if you have all the neccesary docs there,it should caus eno problem.

Let us know how you get on.
Thank u so much for ur reply bruv, feels a little bit better knowing that mostly everything is okay, having read thru the forums an especially this thread for last few weeks it just amzing how much u can learn wiht the help of such generous people out there,

i will definitely keep everyone updated with the progress once she submits her application in few weeks, as ill be in pakistan for few months too but i dont think ill be rushing to check up as im sure im going to have minimum 8-12 week wait before anything proper happens, will just try an enjoy the time with the wife

BuCl
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:23 am

Post by BuCl » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Aoa to all,
Layla waiting anxiously what will be your reply as I applied on 16th of June means before you people did but no response yet. Wish you all the best.

R1z
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm
Contact:

Post by R1z » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:14 pm

salaam Layla

My husband was initially turned away from the gerrys office as they had closed for Eid holidays - they asked him if he had received the call and he said no.

He returned after a few when they reopened and they didn't ask whether he got the call, he managed to collect it with sad news :-(

As long as you say he got the call if they ask they should allow your husband to collect his passport - inshallah.

Batleykhan Ji you hadn't replied to my message, did you check your pm?

Chavy
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Asif I am no expert and I have no specialist knowlegde, my views are from my own experiences. (Disclaimer).

Asif P60s are issued at the end of the tax year only (April), so you won't have one. You have wage slips, bank statement printouts and an employment letter from the accountant but no P60. Most employment letters state your wage, full time position, the start date and are signed by the owner/director. If you write a start date they may question your savings and job! Shouldn't though. If you don't mention a start date then looks a little suspicious especially without your P60. Delicate balancing act. Anyone else wanna tackle this matter?

Remain silent on the issue you work for your dads company, it's not necessary and may complicate your case.

I've tried gaining a letter from Jobcentre plus they were pretty dismissive, each benefit is dealt with a seperate department and they told me to request a letter from each one, which is too much hassle and would look strange.

Print out a few photos since they may not accept the DVD (standard policy), your stamp on your passport, photos plus your wedding certificate are ample proof your wedding has taken place.

azim
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: essex

Post by azim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Subject: spousal visa
hi guys, i hope you all have been ok, although i have not updated anything on my wife's case. The reason is because i have been waiting for it so i would now like to share some information on my wife's case.
I applied for my wife's visa on 15th june 2009 and i gave them all the evidence i had with my original application but they still refused it on the 22nd september 2009 the reason for the refusal was first of all:- i did not include nikah nama which i did,the second reason was i did not give proof of accommodation which i did again, and i think the main reason they refused it is because, my wife had a solicitor in lahore to do the application but the idiot put there we got married on the 31st of january 2009 i put on my sponsor i got married on the 30th and also on my nikah nama it said the 30th january and the fourth reason i did not enclose evidence on when we met which of course i did not enclose the proof which me met in the uk in 2007 and also i have not enclosed any proof of keeping in touch with each other so on that basis, they are not satisfied with this marriage although they had wedding pictures and they said it was not good enough. The only problem that i have now is i do have the plane tickets to glasgow for when we first met although, since she has gone back i have been using international phone cards so how do i prove how i have been in touch with her as they dont accept international phone cards as proof.so your advice would be appreciated and how do i appeal and what evidence should i provide them with?
thank you

bazzy_1
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:40 am
Location: BIRMINGHAM

Post by bazzy_1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:59 pm

azim wrote:Subject: spousal visa
hi guys, i hope you all have been ok, although i have not updated anything on my wife's case. The reason is because i have been waiting for it so i would now like to share some information on my wife's case.
I applied for my wife's visa on 15th june 2009 and i gave them all the evidence i had with my original application but they still refused it on the 22nd september 2009 the reason for the refusal was first of all:- i did not include nikah nama which i did,the second reason was i did not give proof of accommodation which i did again, and i think the main reason they refused it is because, my wife had a solicitor in lahore to do the application but the idiot put there we got married on the 31st of january 2009 i put on my sponsor i got married on the 30th and also on my nikah nama it said the 30th january and the fourth reason i did not enclose evidence on when we met which of course i did not enclose the proof which me met in the uk in 2007 and also i have not enclosed any proof of keeping in touch with each other so on that basis, they are not satisfied with this marriage although they had wedding pictures and they said it was not good enough. The only problem that i have now is i do have the plane tickets to glasgow for when we first met although, since she has gone back i have been using international phone cards so how do i prove how i have been in touch with her as they dont accept international phone cards as proof.so your advice would be appreciated and how do i appeal and what evidence should i provide them with?
thank you
You may have to revert to the good old method of writing letters to each other or maybe emails.if you do write letters make sure you and your wife keep hold of the envelopes as well.

hope this helps
Regards,

Baz

batleykhan
Moderator
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Riz
Batleykhan Ji you hadn't replied to my message, did you check your pm?
Sorry I have checked my pm and there is nothing there

sahdi
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Manchester

Post by sahdi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:11 pm

hi azim

sorry to hear about the refusal, it must be stressing. Just out of curiosity did you get the docs back on the 22nd of September, or was the date od refusal on the 22nd of september

azim
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: essex

Post by azim » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:30 am

sahdi wrote:hi azim

sorry to hear about the refusal, it must be stressing. Just out of curiosity did you get the docs back on the 22nd of September, or was the date od refusal on the 22nd of september
no it was refused on 22nd she got her posport on 29 sep hope that helps

batleykhan
Moderator
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by batleykhan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:05 am

Azim

Reading your refusal, I think your main problem is that the ECO feels you havent kept in contactwith your wife since you returned back to UK.

Whilst I accept you probally will have done so by phone etc, but your problem is that you cant prove that.
CAN I PLEASE ASK ALLAPPLICANTS THAT THIS REASON IS ON THE INCREASE ... PLEAEE PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CHEAP PHONE CALLS CARDS .... FOR GODS SAKE USE THE COST OF BUYING THESE CARDS TO CALL YOUR SPOUSE FROM YOUR LANDLINE OR MOBILE THEN AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOME EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT YOU HAVE KEPT IN CONTACT
Have you sent any letters/emails etc?

What about sending her some money?. have you got receipt for those?.

I assume you have proof for reasons 1&2. Dont worry about No 3,you can argue its a common mistake.

By the way your 28 days starts from 29/9/09 because thats when she will have been handed yej refusal notice. Askyour wife to send teh AIT2 and Refusal notice by post to you here in UK as you will need them to appeal.
BY THE WAY WILL ALL PEOPLE GIVING REASONS FOR REFUSAL MAKE SURE IT IS AS WORD FOR WORD AS PER THE REFUSAL NOTICE ... NOT WHAT YOU ASSUME.

THE EXACT WORDING IS VERY IMPORTANT SO YOU CAN RECIEVE CORRECT ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCED PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

asif1976
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:16 am

Post by asif1976 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 am

Dear All,

My spouse has had his application refused under 320 (7a). We are going to appeal against there incorrect decision and dispute there issues.

Has anyone else had experience of refusal under this paragraph?
Last edited by asif1976 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R1z
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm
Contact:

Post by R1z » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:34 am

batleykhan ji I've tried to send you the message again pls could you check your PM again.

Azim I completley empathise with you but I guess phone cards aren't the only way you can prove that you're in contact with your spouse, I was alos refused on this basis - my husband was! Batleykhan is right we must provide strong proof of being in contact so the suggestions mentioned (emails, letters etc) should be taken into consideration.. Inshallah, like the rest of us who got refused we'll eventually get through this!

Chavy I hope you're doing OK too try not to worry - I've pm you too so any probls loading the message let me know.

Sahdi any news yet?

batleykhan
Moderator
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by batleykhan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:11 am

Dear All,

My spouse has had his application refused under 320 (7a). We are going to appeal against there incorrect decision and dispute there issues.

Has anyone else had experience of refusal under this paragraph?

I have reviewed the following website http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/refusa ... s#18117891 and in section 3.2.6 Document Examination & Verification Reports the following is stated:

3.2.6 Document Examination & Verification Reports
All para 320 (7A) & (7B) refusals must be supported by a Document Examination Report (DER) or Document Verification Report (DVR)(link to ECG documents and forms) irrespective of how the forgery/deception has been practised. This is because we must ensure that there is a clear audited trail which shows how the decision has been reached, which will enable us to withstand any legal challenges. In some cases, the ECO will be made aware of the deception from other sources, e.g. a report, or through an interview. A DVR / DER must be completed even if that means simply referring to a Q & A interview, or referencing another report. It is not necessary to have written confirmation from a source that a document is false if you have fully completed a DVR.

If a copy of the DER/DVR is requested by an applicant, third party or in appeal cases, then the DER/DVR needs to be depersonalised before it is sent off.

Does anyone on this forum know how to obtain a copy of the DER/DVR. I am really interested to know what verfication checks they have done in order to argue at my appeal.

Asif

Did you read this bit?
3.2.3 False documents
You must refuse the application if you have evidence that a false document has been submitted even if the false document is not relevant to the application or your decision and even if the applicant is unaware that the document is false.
A false document includes: a genuine document which has been altered or tampered with; a counterfeit document (one that is completely false); a genuine document that is being used by an impostor; a genuine document which has been fraudulently obtained or issued; or a genuine document which contains a falsified or counterfeit visa/endorsement.
To be satisfied that a document is false you must:

* have examined the document and completed a Document Examination Report (see 3.2.6 Document Examination Report) setting out your findings (including photographic evidence where appropriate) to justify your conclusion that the document is false; or
* have evidence, as a result of checks carried out, that the document is false, and have completed a Document Verification Report (see 3.2.6); or
* show that the document is identical to another document on which you have current and reliable evidence that it is false and have completed a Document Verification Report (e.g. issuing body has either given information on document's security features or already advised that an identical document is false);or
* have an admission from the applicant (in writing or recorded in the Q&A notes) that they used a false document or made false representations
.

If you understand this bit, then it means that there is something wrong or fishy about one or more document THAT YOU OR YOUR SPOUSE have provided as part of your application.

If you have kept copies of the documents that you sent with your application, I woudl if I was you have a good look at the sources from where you got these documents.

The DER/DRV form that you are talking about will be sent to you , when you get your bundle of papers from AIT if and when you decide to appeal.
You will not know it earlier than that.

This is a serious problem for you, and I advise that you seek legal advice from a qualified OISC advisor/solicitor when you decide to appeal, as people who present forged documents could be bannned for 10 years from applying for any type of visa. :(

sahdi
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Manchester

Post by sahdi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:41 am

hi asif 1976,

when did ur husband apply?

asif1976
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:16 am

Post by asif1976 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Dear Batley Khan

I have read all sections concerning 320 (7a)
Last edited by asif1976 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

was794
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: uk

Post by was794 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:27 pm

my father has passed 4 days ago please do dua for him - Inshallah hes is a better place.
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
please dont forget to love those who are close to you....
I hope everyones applications are succesfull in the near future.

I am still waiting for for my wifes application which was approved on the 8/09/09 according to my MP...

A raging row between Pakistan’s foreign ministry and the United Kingdom over a range of immigration-related issues - check out the link below...

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... -05-sal-01

Asif121 - if you havent already include a cover letter of sponsership from yourself as the sponser. In the letter write down exaclty what you are submitting as evidence and how you met where you got married, honeymoon? (dates/locations) etc...It will help build up your case in the ECO's head when there reviewing your application. let me know if u need a sample ill send you mine.

sahdi
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Manchester

Post by sahdi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:35 pm

was794


Iam so sorry to hear about your father, God bless him.

Locked
cron