ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa application with 1 dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tyla
Newly Registered
South Africa

A pose and child of a uk passport holder what would be required for husban and child to immigrate with me

Post by Tyla » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:28 pm

I'm am residing in south Africa and in the process of getting my British passport through my father

What is required for my husband and child to immigrate with me? Can we all immigrate at the same time?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: A pose and child of a uk passport holder what would be required for husban and child to immigrate with me

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:29 pm

After getting British passport follow that:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tyla
Newly Registered
South Africa

Spousal Visa application with 1 dependent

Post by Tyla » Fri May 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi there

Will try keep this long story short!

Myself my husband and soon to be son are all south African

I am currently pregnant and will be due in July 2019. My father us UK citizen and was married to my mom at the time if my birth u have been told this makes me a automatic British citizen so I cann not apply for ancestral Visa. This was quite upsetting as this Visa us the only option that is financially feasibly for my husband my son and myself to all immigrate at the same time.

Due to this I was told that by me getting the British passport in order to bring my husband and son across I will either have to prove that I have earned £ 24000 kn rands equivalent for this past 12 months ( this is not possible as I dint make that type if money) will me and my husband be able to combine our past 12 months income and add cash savings to make up the £24000 or is the £72000 savings the only valid option? I really don't want to be apart from my family and do the 6 months working in England to show I can support them so the can come on visas. Please help with any advise on routes we can take that arnt do expensive so that we don't have to be apart! It breaks my heart just thinking about it.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spousal Visa application with 1 dependent

Post by CR001 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 pm

You cannot use your non British spouse income for application from abroad.

You also can only use your income from abroad if you also have a confirmed genuine job offer to start within 3 months of arriving in the UK.

I am alsmot certain there was a recent post of someone who got an ancestry visa rather than a British passport through British father. Have heard of others doing this in the past too but be aware if you then get a British passport in the UK, the dependent ancestry visas become invalid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tyla
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Tyla » Fri May 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Where could I confirm that i can do the ancestral Visa route even though i was advised otherwise by an immigration consultant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Your post from March suggest you have already applied for a British passport. If this is the case, then ancestry won't be applicable anymore.

Do you have any savings at all?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tyla
Newly Registered
South Africa

Ancestral Visa instead of British passport application

Post by Tyla » Fri May 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi

Please help and advise if I can rather go he ancestral Visa route instead if getting my British passport? My father is British and my parents were married when I was born I was advised that I cant get an ancestral Visa because of this.

Is this true?

I would prefer to go the ancestral Visa route with my husband and son instead of the British passport and spousal Visa route.

Kindly advise
Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Ancestral Visa instead of British passport application

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 17, 2019 7:55 pm

If your father is a British citizen otherwise than by descent (i.e. he was either born in the UK or he naturalised as a British citizen) before your birth, then you are automatically a British citizen by descent. That is not a choice, but works by automatic application of the law.

A British citizen cannot be subject to visa requirements and therefore cannot apply for a visa for themselves.

What you can do, if you so wish, is renounce British citizenship, and then apply for an ancestral visa. However, of course, being on a visa gives you fewer rights in the UK and of course it can impact any claim that your children can have on British citizenship. If your children move to the UK with your spouse and you (and you remain a British citizen by descent), they are entitled to be registered as British citizens after three years residence in the UK. That would not be the case if you renounce British citizenship.

Just read your previous posts and it seems that your child is not yet born. If you move to the UK and the child is born in the UK, the child would be a British citizen otherwise than by descent too.

As you are a British citizen by descent, you can choose to move to to another (non-UK) EEA member-state rather than the UK and your family will have the right to follow you under much more favourable terms.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:29 am

The links below are for a user who is British by descent being born to a British father but chose to come over on the ancestry visa and had no issues at all.

british-citizenship/new-citizenship-for ... l#p1273708

immigration-for-family-members/uk-ances ... l#p1275982
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mrstomojnr
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Mrstomojnr » Sat May 18, 2019 7:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 pm
You cannot use your non British spouse income for application from abroad.

You also can only use your income from abroad if you also have a confirmed genuine job offer to start within 3 months of arriving in the UK.

I am alsmot certain there was a recent post of someone who got an ancestry visa rather than a British passport through British father. Have heard of others doing this in the past too but be aware if you then get a British passport in the UK, the dependent ancestry visas become invalid.
Hi Char

This was me and it differs as I was born out of wedlock hence was granted the ancestry route.

Tyla is my sister and she is wanting to join with us.

I have read on other posts that they accept third party support for financial requirements. Does this mean only Uk citizens can do this? As I could assist if you don’t have to be.

Please advise if you know

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:43 am

But your parents did marry after your birth which would have still made you British by descent and entitled to a passport.

Which posts have you read that stated third party funds are allowed??

Page 18 of Appendix 1.7 clearly states what is not permitted, ie third party support. So not sure what level or what type of third party support you are thinking of using.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mrstomojnr
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Mrstomojnr » Sat May 18, 2019 7:48 am

Could it then be because we didn’t apply for bp before turning 18 that ancestry was a possible route?

If so then it could mean my sister can still use that as an option?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 am

I can't answer that or say what will be the outcome. I know of only one other person who did the same as you did.

It would be useful for your sister to answer my questions asked about savings.

Note also that it is far more expensive now for ancestry visa, should she take the chance, that when you did it. £516 each visa fee plus £2000 each IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)