ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse immigration question (employment)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

apwinsor
Newly Registered

Spouse immigration question (employment)

Post by apwinsor » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:02 am

Can anyone help??

I am about to go to New Zealand to get married to a New Zealander. She has twice been denied access to the UK due to not having a return ticket first time, and not having sufficient funds to support herself second time (while applying for a visa from Wellington as a visitor to the UK).

Bringing her back as a Spouse I want to make sure everything is right this time.

I have been offered a new job, as a contractor, it means twice the money, but no long term security, and am worried that if I leave my job now that might count against us in the application process. I have been in my current job 11 years, and it is well paid and stable. The new job is a lot more money, but only for 9 months, and obviously I would have to say I had not even started it yet, when asked how long I had been in the job.

Does anyone have any experience or advise on this matter, as I don't want any more black marks against us in the application process.

Thanks

Andy

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:37 am

Andy, it is not totally clear from what you write that you appreciate that whilst a New Zealander does not require a UK visa to enter the UK as a visitor (but you have highlighted the problems even with that) but they do need a visa to enter as a spouse.

Form VAF2 would need to be completed and submitted to the British High Commission in New Zealand and a spouse visa obtained before your wife (as she will be) makes the journey to the UK.

Also a lot of information will need to be submitted with the application including details of your employment. "Just" contracting! I would not worry as long as the income is sufficient to ensure that your wife will not need to claim certain Public Funds. Incidentally I was contracting when my wife got her spouse visa back in 2001.

If you have not already done so have a good read of INF 4 and indeed the VAF 2 application form.

When you fly to New Zealand obviously take all the supporting evidence that is needed to ensure the visa application succeeds.

Armed with the spouse visa in her passport your wife will not have a problem entering the UK.

Note lots of information available on Visa page on BHC website. That site also details the application fee, currently NZ$676.
John