ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa: Additional evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Apf087
Newly Registered
South Africa

Spouse visa: Additional evidence

Post by Apf087 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi. I have applied for a spouse visa on 1 August 2019. My partner is a British citizen, we lived in South Africa for 8 years and he moved to the UK on 1 June 2019 where he started a new job. His salary is more than 50 000 pounds per year. I included proof of this in my application, but I was unaware that I had to provide proof of his earning for the last 12 months here in South Africa (which is more than the required 18,600) as he has been employed less than 6 months in the UK. I only became aware of this by reading online. I have not yet received a decision on my application, but I assume it will be denied on this basis. Is there any way that I can provide this supplementary evidence of his previous employment before my visa gets denied?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse visa: Additional evidence

Post by geoeng » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:27 pm

There is no way I know of to change the details of an application or add additional evidence after submission. At the discretion of the officer reviewing the application, they may ask for additional details/evidence.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:22 pm

Apf087 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 pm
Hi. I have applied for a spouse visa on 1 August 2019. My partner is a British citizen, we lived in South Africa for 8 years and he moved to the UK on 1 June 2019 where he started a new job. His salary is more than 50 000 pounds per year. I included proof of this in my application, but I was unaware that I had to provide proof of his earning for the last 12 months here in South Africa (which is more than the required 18,600) as he has been employed less than 6 months in the UK. I only became aware of this by reading online. I have not yet received a decision on my application, but I assume it will be denied on this basis. Is there any way that I can provide this supplementary evidence of his previous employment before my visa gets denied?
His overseas income will only be counted if he had confirmed job offer going to start within 3 months of arriving into UK. Preferably he should have waited 6 months with present employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Apf087
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Apf087 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:22 pm
Apf087 wrote:
His overseas income will only be counted if he had confirmed job offer going to start within 3 months of arriving into UK. Preferably he should have waited 6 months with present employer.
Thank you for your reply. I realise I should have included his previous job here in South Africa as well. Do you know whether there is a way to contact the UK Decision Making Centre/ ECO to supply this supplementary evidence?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Apf087 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:22 pm
Apf087 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I realise I should have included his previous job here in South Africa as well. Do you know whether there is a way to contact the UK Decision Making Centre/ ECO to supply this supplementary evidence?
You now need to wait and see.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.