ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
Nabeel121
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Nabeel121 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:49 pm

Hey guys! Just wanted to inform you lot that after reviewing my evidence, they have decided to withdraw the appeal and grant the appropriate leave! Alhamdulillah! I’ll keep you guys in my duas. Insha’Allah you’ll hear something soon

AmazonianX
Diamond Member
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:49 pm
Hey guys! Just wanted to inform you lot that after reviewing my evidence, they have decided to withdraw the appeal and grant the appropriate leave! Alhamdulillah! I’ll keep you guys in my duas. Insha’Allah you’ll hear something soon
Congratulations.

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:27 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:49 pm
Hey guys! Just wanted to inform you lot that after reviewing my evidence, they have decided to withdraw the appeal and grant the appropriate leave! Alhamdulillah! I’ll keep you guys in my duas. Insha’Allah you’ll hear something soon
Omgd i am soooo happy for you!! Huge congratulations! Pleaseee keep me in your duas!! Did your solicitor recieve and email stating that they have withdrawn the appeal? So you didnt need to go to court? This is very good news!

Nabeel121
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Nabeel121 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:02 am

Yep! The HO asked for the evidence on Thursday which my solicitor had given the same day & received an email yesterday to say after reviewing the evidence they decided to withdraw the appeal - so no court thankgod! You’ll be hearing soon from them too! Such a huge relief x

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:02 am

Nabeel121 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:02 am
Yep! The HO asked for the evidence on Thursday which my solicitor had given the same day & received an email yesterday to say after reviewing the evidence they decided to withdraw the appeal - so no court thankgod! You’ll be hearing soon from them too! Such a huge relief x
Thats so good!! Can you please update me on the next process, you will be handing in the passport to get stamped again?

Nabeel121
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Nabeel121 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:03 am

They’ve handed the case back to the decision makers to overturn/grant the Visa and then I’ll have the submit the passport and pay the remaining IHS fees. Still a long process but one step at a time!

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Fififadi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:03 am
They’ve handed the case back to the decision makers to overturn/grant the Visa and then I’ll have the submit the passport and pay the remaining IHS fees. Still a long process but one step at a time!
Congratulations!! That's really good news.

May the next steps be easy for you.

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Fififadi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:43 pm

N_a wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:02 am
Nabeel121 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:02 am
Yep! The HO asked for the evidence on Thursday which my solicitor had given the same day & received an email yesterday to say after reviewing the evidence they decided to withdraw the appeal - so no court thankgod! You’ll be hearing soon from them too! Such a huge relief x
Thats so good!! Can you please update me on the next process, you will be handing in the passport to get stamped again?
Hey N_a,

Have you heard anything more yet?

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:43 pm
N_a wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:02 am
Nabeel121 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:02 am
Yep! The HO asked for the evidence on Thursday which my solicitor had given the same day & received an email yesterday to say after reviewing the evidence they decided to withdraw the appeal - so no court thankgod! You’ll be hearing soon from them too! Such a huge relief x
Thats so good!! Can you please update me on the next process, you will be handing in the passport to get stamped again?
Hey N_a,

Have you heard anything more yet?
Hi nothing as of yet ☹️

Remti
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Remti » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:03 am
They’ve handed the case back to the decision makers to overturn/grant the Visa and then I’ll have the submit the passport and pay the remaining IHS fees. Still a long process but one step at

Did it say it will be done within 8 weeks of withdrawal?

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:10 am

Nabeel121 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:03 am
They’ve handed the case back to the decision makers to overturn/grant the Visa and then I’ll have the submit the passport and pay the remaining IHS fees. Still a long process but one step at a time!
Have you heard back from the decision makers yet?

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:47 am

Cant believe i have still not heard anything. Everything has been closed so they have not been getting many new cases in at all. Exactly what are they doing 😩😩

Nabeel121
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Nabeel121 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 am

Hey we heard nothing back yet so my solicitor got in touch with HO. They said they’re are waiting for Pakistan to open there visa centres so we can submit the passport. I really hope you guys hear something soon Insha’Allah x

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 am
Hey we heard nothing back yet so my solicitor got in touch with HO. They said they’re are waiting for Pakistan to open there visa centres so we can submit the passport. I really hope you guys hear something soon Insha’Allah x
Oh, thats good at least you know what the delay is and once they open they’ll give tell you to submit your passport. Has your solicitor said when they should be opening? Thankyou! Inshallah

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:40 pm

N_a wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm
Nabeel121 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 am
Hey we heard nothing back yet so my solicitor got in touch with HO. They said they’re are waiting for Pakistan to open there visa centres so we can submit the passport. I really hope you guys hear something soon Insha’Allah x
Oh, thats good at least you know what the delay is and once they open they’ll give tell you to submit your passport. Has your solicitor said when they should be opening? Thankyou! Inshallah
Also wanted to ask do they work on weekends too?

Nabeel121
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Nabeel121 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:55 pm

Yeah hopefully soon! They should be opening on July 1st but it’s not confirmed as of yet.
I believe they work Monday to Friday and they work fewer hours on Saturday? I’m not entirely sure

ANKST
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 3:39 pm
India

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by ANKST » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:06 pm

N_a wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Oh, thats good at least you know what the delay is and once they open they’ll give tell you to submit your passport. Has your solicitor said when they should be opening? Thankyou! Inshallah
I'd suggest looking out for the latest updates on @VFSGlobal on Twitter :) They've been doing a phased reopening around the world from the last week of June.

I'm waiting for them to ask me to submit my passport too.

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 am

Thankyou for this info!! Was yours on an appeal too? Of you dnt mind me asking

ANKST
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 3:39 pm
India

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by ANKST » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:27 pm

N_a wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 am
Thankyou for this info!! Was yours on an appeal too? Of you dnt mind me asking
Yeah, my appeal (here is my full timeline) was allowed on 5 March and I had to wait for 14 days to see if the Home Office appeals against it. But then everything got shut and if was difficult to get updates for a while. When I contacted the HO in May, they informed me that the decision had been sent to the High Commission in my country in April itself. So right now it's just a waiting game.

VFS is opening on 6 July in my country so hopefully, they ask me to submit my passport soon after that. I'll contact the HO again for an update and the procedures in the next couple of weeks.

Remti
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Remti » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:11 pm

ANKST wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:27 pm
N_a wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 am
Thankyou for this info!! Was yours on an appeal too? Of you dnt mind me asking
Yeah, my appeal (here is my full timeline) was allowed on 5 March and I had to wait for 14 days to see if the Home Office appeals against it. But then everything got shut and if was difficult to get updates for a while. When I contacted the HO in May, they informed me that the decision had been sent to the High Commission in my country in April itself. So right now it's just a waiting game.

VFS is opening on 6 July in my country so hopefully, they ask me to submit my passport soon after that. I'll contact the HO again for an update and the procedures in the next couple of weeks.
Does anyone know how long the visa is valid now because theres covid 19 and some countries still has a lockdown. Is it still one month or more?

Post Reply
cron