ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:32 am
Hi everybody,

I hope everyone doing well and someone can give me advice about of my current situation.
My spouse visa was refused September 2019 lodge appeal against of the decision.
4th of October got letter from the court notice of appeal pending and HO given 15weeks time review them decision.
The last date was 30th of January 2020 we have not received any reply from Home office or the court.
Contact to the court 31st January said they did not receive any appeal bundle from the Home office. So they will listing the hearing date and send to us soon.
Anyone have idea still Home office will upload the decision or they will overturn the decision? Because Home Office did not send them bundle to the court yet.
Many thanks
Iqbal

BordersDivide
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 am
Egypt

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by BordersDivide » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:43 pm

It’s normal for Home Office to not provide a bundle, as they can provide it even a day before the hearing. Also, reverse decision very close to court hearing date.

When your 15 weeks are up, court will send you letter for court hearing date. Regardless if bundle is provided or not.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Hi thank you for reply . After how long the court will listing hearing date?

BordersDivide
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 am
Egypt

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by BordersDivide » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:24 pm

After the 15 weeks are up, I’d say it can take a few weeks. Usually the court hearing date is given in that letter.

I personally got mine within 2 weeks of 15 period week being completed.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:26 pm

Did ukvi came to the court for oral hearing or decision was overturned?

BordersDivide
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 am
Egypt

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by BordersDivide » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:26 pm
Did ukvi came to the court for oral hearing or decision was overturned?
I have not had my hearing yet - will update when I do.
They intend to come as they have said they will in a letter of correspondence between my solicitor and court.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi when your hearing date?

BordersDivide
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 am
Egypt

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by BordersDivide » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi,

My hearing was 26 Feb and the home office rep did attend and that’s when they brought their bundle - which I never saw but barrister did just before the hearing.

I’m waiting for outcome.

How’s your situation?

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 am

Hi thanks for your reply, my hearing date 15 April in Taylor house but my solicitor wants to change venue because the head of my solicitor firm he is a judge in Taylor House that's why. still waiting for new date
What was your refusal grounds?
Thanks

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Fififadi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:14 am

Emon14 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 am
Hi thanks for your reply, my hearing date 15 April in Taylor house but my solicitor wants to change venue because the head of my solicitor firm he is a judge in Taylor House that's why. still waiting for new date
What was your refusal grounds?
Thanks
Hi Emon14,

How soon after your 15 weeks were up did you receive your hearing letter?

Thanks,

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:21 am

Fififadi wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:14 am
Emon14 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 am
Hi thanks for your reply, my hearing date 15 April in Taylor house but my solicitor wants to change venue because the head of my solicitor firm he is a judge in Taylor House that's why. still waiting for new date
What was your refusal grounds?
Thanks
Hi Emon14,

How soon after your 15 weeks were up did you receive your hearing letter?

Thanks,
After 2weeks and 2months later

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Fififadi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:29 am

Emon14 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:21 am
Fififadi wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:14 am
Emon14 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 am
Hi thanks for your reply, my hearing date 15 April in Taylor house but my solicitor wants to change venue because the head of my solicitor firm he is a judge in Taylor House that's why. still waiting for new date
What was your refusal grounds?
Thanks
Hi Emon14,

How soon after your 15 weeks were up did you receive your hearing letter?

Thanks,
After 2weeks and 2months later
Thank you, so you received it 2 weeks after the 15 weeks were over and the date was for 2 months later?

I hope you get your new date soon.

I am waiting for my 15 weeks to be over, I calculated this to be today but the tribunal have told me it is actually on 1st April!

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:10 pm

BordersDivide wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:18 pm
Hi,

My hearing was 26 Feb and the home office rep did attend and that’s when they brought their bundle - which I never saw but barrister did just before the hearing.

I’m waiting for outcome.

How’s your situation?
Hi did you receive the decision from the court?

BordersDivide
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 am
Egypt

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by BordersDivide » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:41 pm

Yes.

It’s dismissed - still not satisfied that I have exceptional circumstances.

The judge is new and he worked for home office as the representing officer so he’s got the same home office mentality, which is apparent in the letter.

Did not look at evidence provided or asked me certain questions on which he based some of his decision under. Honestly, the refusal is silly...I am a reasonably, law abiding individual who can really take feedback with an open mind but he’s discriminating and unfair.

The ECO at my hearing did not even engage much with me or the barrister so it’s pretty much obvious the judge isn’t being fair and maintaining his loyalty to home office.

Did not even send me the outcome which was made 2 weeks after the hearing. We just got it 10
Days ago because we asked the court and solicitor nagged them to email the decision (which they normally do any ways)

We have already submitted request to appeal to Upper Tribunal, and maintained the deadline of submission appeal with 28 days of refusal.

That’s all that I can do, doesn’t matter what they say ...that’s all I have left to do. With the COVID 19 every thing is uncertain.

Your outcome depends on the judge and what they are like.

The battle goes on.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 pm

BordersDivide wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:41 pm
Yes.

It’s dismissed - still not satisfied that I have exceptional circumstances.

The judge is new and he worked for home office as the representing officer so he’s got the same home office mentality, which is apparent in the letter.

Did not look at evidence provided or asked me certain questions on which he based some of his decision under. Honestly, the refusal is silly...I am a reasonably, law abiding individual who can really take feedback with an open mind but he’s discriminating and unfair.

The ECO at my hearing did not even engage much with me or the barrister so it’s pretty much obvious the judge isn’t being fair and maintaining his loyalty to home office.

Did not even send me the outcome which was made 2 weeks after the hearing. We just got it 10
Days ago because we asked the court and solicitor nagged them to email the decision (which they normally do any ways)

We have already submitted request to appeal to Upper Tribunal, and maintained the deadline of submission appeal with 28 days of refusal.

That’s all that I can do, doesn’t matter what they say ...that’s all I have left to do. With the COVID 19 every thing is uncertain.

Your outcome depends on the judge and what they are like.

The battle goes on.
What was the ground of your refusal?
My hearing was listed on 15th April in Taylor House IAC but my solicitor wants change venue because of the judge in Taylor House he is the owner of the law firm which one I with. I haven't received any response from the court yet

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 pm
What was the ground of your refusal?
My hearing was listed on 15th April in Taylor House IAC but my solicitor wants change venue because of the judge in Taylor House he is the owner of the law firm which one I with. I haven't received any response from the court yet
Useful to read the users topics rather than having a repeat of what was already posted previously.

immigration-for-family-members/appeal-s ... 92791.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Waiting for hearing date

Post by Emon14 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Dear all members of this page I hope everyone is doing well at this current situation.

Anyone have received a hearing date from the court?

Many thanks

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Waiting for hearing date

Post by Fififadi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:05 am

Emon14 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:02 pm
Dear all members of this page I hope everyone is doing well at this current situation.

Anyone have received a hearing date from the court?

Many thanks
Hey,

No, I’m still waiting for a date. What about you? Have you heard anything?

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:38 am

Hey thanks for your reply, the court called my solicitor 4th of June to resend the bundle and he did it. After that we are waiting for them to reply

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Fififadi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 am

Emon14 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:38 am
Hey thanks for your reply, the court called my solicitor 4th of June to resend the bundle and he did it. After that we are waiting for them to reply
All the best - you may hear back soon! Please let us know how you get on or if you do hear back.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Emon14 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi everyone, I have received a CMR hearing date on 8th of July 1.30-2.30. anyone done before(CMR) hearing?

Thanks

N_a
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by N_a » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:35 pm
Hi everyone, I have received a CMR hearing date on 8th of July 1.30-2.30. anyone done before(CMR) hearing?

Thanks
Hi, just wanted to ask what was your reason for refusal?

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa appeal

Post by Fififadi » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 am

Emon14 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:35 pm
Hi everyone, I have received a CMR hearing date on 8th of July 1.30-2.30. anyone done before(CMR) hearing?

Thanks
That's good - they are progressing with the appeal. All the best! Please let us know how you got on.

Locked
cron