ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:41 am

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will help me about of my spouse visa application.
Online application submitted 1st may
Biometric taken 6th may
Documents lodge 15th may 66 Wilson Street London, after that did not receive any email or anything. 10th august refunded IHS fee I think application has been refunded but did not receive Passport and refusal letter. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Thanks
Iqbal

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75302
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouae visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:47 am

Is this an application for you within the UK?

What is your UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:51 am

Thanks for your reply
Yes for uk spouse visa, I have been uk around 9years I went in the uk by student visa and overstated around 4years failed asylum seekers as well.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 am

Hi sorry it is outside the UK

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75302
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouae visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 am

Case that are complicated can take many months.

Where did you marry your spouse?

Does your spouse meet the financial requirements?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am

We married in uk by Islamic law and marriage register in Bangladesh and yes she meet finical requirement.
My question is they refunded IHS fee mean application refused why they taking long give to us refusal letter?
Is there reviewing the applications again?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75302
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouae visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 am

IHS refund usually means a visa refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:34 pm

But I didn't have a refusal letter and passport.
Do you have any idea how long they take give us decision after refunded IHS?
It's more than 3weeks
Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75302
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouae visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:35 pm

It can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm

How long take the court for hearing date?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75302
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouae visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm
How long take the court for hearing date?
For an Appeal if you get appeal rights?? Appeals can take months and sometime a year or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:52 pm

Spouse visa application they don't give appeal right sometimes?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 9284
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Spouae visa

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am
We married in uk by Islamic law and marriage register in Bangladesh and yes she meet finical requirement.
My question is they refunded IHS fee mean application refused why they taking long give to us refusal letter?
Is there reviewing the applications again?
Your marriage conducted under Islamic law in UK won't be valid and despite your partner is meeting financial requirement the criteria won't be met. Maybe you even not qualify for flrfp and that's why its a refusal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 24989
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm
Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am
We married in uk by Islamic law and marriage register in Bangladesh and yes she meet finical requirement.
My question is they refunded IHS fee mean application refused why they taking long give to us refusal letter?
Is there reviewing the applications again?
Maybe you even not qualify for flrfp and that's why its a refusal.
FLR(FP) wouldn't be an option as the Spouse visa application is from outside of the UK. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 9284
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Spouae visa

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:53 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm
Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am
We married in uk by Islamic law and marriage register in Bangladesh and yes she meet finical requirement.
My question is they refunded IHS fee mean application refused why they taking long give to us refusal letter?
Is there reviewing the applications again?
Maybe you even not qualify for flrfp and that's why its a refusal.
FLR(FP) wouldn't be an option as the Spouse visa application is from outside of the UK. :idea:
]
Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:51 am
Thanks for your reply
Yes for uk spouse visa, I have been uk around 9years I went in the uk by student visa and overstated around 4years failed asylum seekers as well.
OP seems in UK as an overstayer unless he clearly confirms that he left the UK and if so then as most of us know that flrfp is not possible from outside the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm

I don't understand what do you mean?
I didn't make an application FLR(FP) and I know it won't be valid application I made an application spouae visa appendix FM and our marriage register in Bangladesh it is acceptable under the uk law valid marriage.
Thanks

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 9284
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Spouae visa

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm
I don't understand what do you mean?
I didn't make an application FLR(FP) and I know it won't be valid application I made an application spouae visa appendix FM and our marriage register in Bangladesh it is acceptable under the uk law valid marriage.
Thanks
Now you have clearly clarified. Yes your marriage will be accepted by UK law because conducted in Bangladesh. The reason you was told flrfp because your query was not clear as you left the UK rather was giving the sense that you are an overstayer and applied from UK and many times if deem necessary then UKVI divert the flrm into flrfp if they seems is appropriate. In your case the refund of ihs seems refusal unless by mistake you were charged twice the IHS.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 24989
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:31 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 am
Hi sorry it is outside the UK
@seagul This was the clue you missed early in the thread. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Emon14
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Re: Spouae visa

Post by Emon14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm

I know the application most likely refunded but my question ihs refunded 10 of August have not received refusal letter.
How long they take send refusal letter?
How long take appeal process till hearing?
Thanks

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 9284
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Spouae visa

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:02 pm

Emon14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm
I know the application most likely refunded but my question ihs refunded 10 of August have not received refusal letter.
How long they take send refusal letter?
How long take appeal process till hearing?
Thanks
So far its only the prediction that you might have been refused but usually in case of refusal the applicant is notified first before the refund of IHS. In my opinion you just need to wait n see and regarding appeal timeline you can search several threads on same forum.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Locked
cron