ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Savings Route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Spouse Visa Extension Savings Route

Post by THO » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Hi,

My wife is in the UK on the first 2.5 years of a spouse visa which needs renewing Sept 2022. I'm thinking ahead here, if I have £62K in a bank account in my name, and it has been there for more than 6 months, we could use this to renew the visa, but would the HO ask how it got there?

For instance, if I have a relative who is able to lend me the money for long enough for it to qualify, will the HO ask how we got it, because obviously after the visa is extended it would be given back. If so, would they accept I sold a family heir loom that I have owned since I was born, so that I could use the money for my visa?

Thanks,

THO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Savings Route

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:03 pm

You have to provide a declaration of where the funds came from. You cannot use a 'loan' to meet the savings requirement.

I would strongly suggest you do not fabricate any reasons.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:06 pm

THO wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:48 pm
Hi,

My wife is in the UK on the first 2.5 years of a spouse visa which needs renewing Sept 2022. I'm thinking ahead here, if I have £62K in a bank account in my name, and it has been there for more than 6 months, we could use this to renew the visa, but would the HO ask how it got there?

For instance, if I have a relative who is able to lend me the money for long enough for it to qualify, will the HO ask how we got it, because obviously after the visa is extended it would be given back. If so, would they accept I sold a family heir loom that I have owned since I was born, so that I could use the money for my visa?

Thanks,

THO.
1. Source of funds must be declared.
2. This is not allowed because it is a loan.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:51 pm

THO wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:48 pm
Hi,

Thanks,

THO.
I think the amount is £62,500. On the cash savings there is a requirement to declare the source of the cash savings so you will do well to have something to write down.
The heirloom sale should be tenable though not quite sure if they ask further questions.