ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Spouse visa extension

Post by bookerw100 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:09 am

Hi my wife's visa expires on 06 September 2021. She entered the UK on 08 December 2018.
What is the length of the extension once granted and so when should we ideally apply so there are no issues later on for the ILR permit?

Also what is the proof required to show we have been cohabiting. We have a couple of letters for
council tax and couple from the water bill as well as 2 x tenancy agreements both in our names. Since last month however we have bought a house but the mortgage is only in my name. Not sure is that enough?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:09 am
Hi my wife's visa expires on 06 September 2021. She entered the UK on 08 December 2018.
What is the length of the extension once granted and so when should we ideally apply so there are no issues later on for the ILR permit? highlight=yellow]Length of extension is 30 months. Apply 28day before completing 30 months in UK counting from her date of initial entry on the spouse visa.
[/highlight]

Also what is the proof required to show we have been cohabiting. We have a couple of letters for
council tax and couple from the water bill as well as 2 x tenancy agreements both in our names. Since last month however we have bought a house but the mortgage is only in my name. Not sure is that enough?
Correspondence addressed to you solely or both together at same address. E.g. HMRC, DVSA, NHS letters.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
What is the length of the extension once granted and so when should we ideally apply so there are no issues later on for the ILR permit? highlight=yellow]Length of extension is 30 months. Apply 28day before completing 30 months in UK counting from her date of initial entry on the spouse visa.
[/highlight]

Correspondence addressed to you solely or both together at same address. E.g. HMRC, DVSA, NHS letters.
How many of these letters are needed? Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:20 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
[/highlight]

How many of these letters are needed? Thanks
6 if addressed to you both and 12 if individually addressed.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:08 am

Hi when my wife came to the UK in Decemeber 2018, we were renting till December 2020 and after that we bought a house under my name. So how many letters do we show from the rented house and how many from the house we moved into in December 2020.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:14 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:08 am
Hi when my wife came to the UK in Decemeber 2018, we were renting till December 2020 and after that we bought a house under my name. So how many letters do we show from the rented house and how many from the house we moved into in December 2020.
The first 6 months is not counted, what is needed is letters for the past 2years preceeding the application for extension and not so much about the address but for the period. Correspondence addressed individually or to you both from atl 3 different sources spread evenly to cover the last2 years.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Spouse Visa extension

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:41 am

We are extending my wife's spouse visa which expires in September 2021. I was filling the application and had a couple of queries if someone can help please:

Where have you lived together? We have lived in multiple addresses since she moved here, but the application only allows one. Which one shall we put?

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?

We are just normal people, so whilst not impossible as such in her going back to India, except I am a British national and we both have a job and house in the UK, so it will be difficult to move back but not impossible. Bu I don't want to say "No" to this question, if it will affect the application negatively?

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: Spouse Visa extension

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:51 pm

any advise please?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:52 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:41 am
We are extending my wife's spouse visa which expires in September 2021. I was filling the application and had a couple of queries if someone can help please:

Where have you lived together? We have lived in multiple addresses since she moved here, but the application only allows one. Which one shall we put? Put your current address, if other addresses are a factor to the application include such in a cover letter.

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

We are just normal people, so whilst not impossible as such in her going back to India, except I am a British national and we both have a job and house in the UK, so it will be difficult to move back but not impossible. Bu I don't want to say "No" to this question, if it will affect the application negatively?
Saying no will not negatively affect the application rather an indication of proper integration into life in UK. State above factors about house, job others if applicable that shows established ties to the UK.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:55 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:52 pm
bookerw100 wrote:

Where have you lived together? We have lived in multiple addresses since she moved here, but the application only allows one. Which one shall we put? Put your current address, if other addresses are a factor to the application include such in a cover letter. Thanks, the application does ask for other addresses in a separate section but just the way it was worded here, its not clear but I suppose it makes sense to put current address which also they have asked in a previous section. Why do we need a cover letter, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere?

Saying no will not negatively affect the application rather an indication of proper integration into life in UK. State above factors about house, job others if applicable that shows established ties to the UK.
ok thanks.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:38 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:55 am
AmazonianX wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:

Where have you lived together? We have lived in multiple addresses since she moved here, but the application only allows one. Which one shall we put? Put your current address, if other addresses are a factor to the application include such in a cover letter. Thanks, the application does ask for other addresses in a separate section but just the way it was worded here, its not clear but I suppose it makes sense to put current address which also they have asked in a previous section. Why do we need a cover letter, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:13 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:38 am
bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:55 am
AmazonianX wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:

As per this matter, there is no need for a cover letter since you have found a place to input previous addresses.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:47 am

Hi my wife who is the applicant, her own salary is £24k per annum from her permanent employment. Do you think it will boost the application if I also add my employment details as I earn significantly more than the threshold or does it not matter.

Also if I am not providing my salary details, I am guessing we do'n't have to fill the Part 3 of the consent declaration related to financial support given her own salary is above the threshold?

Please note we live in a house in my name only under mortgage.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:49 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:47 am
Hi my wife who is the applicant, her own salary is £24k per annum from her permanent employment. Do you think it will boost the application if I also add my employment details as I earn significantly more than the threshold or does it not matter.

Also if I am not providing my salary details, I am guessing we do'n't have to fill the Part 3 of the consent declaration related to financial support given her own salary is above the threshold?

Nothing can 'boost' the application. The applicant simply needs to meet the £18,600pa financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:49 am
bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:47 am

Nothing can 'boost' the application. The applicant simply needs to meet the £18,600pa financial requirement.

Thanks, how about the part 3 consent declaration, is it mandatory to sign it if I don't use my salary in her application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 am

Part 3 is not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:02 am

Does anyone have a template for the employers letter for the applicant that covers this:

Letter from the employer(s) who issued the
payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been
paid the level of salary stated in their
application; and
5. the type of employment

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:29 am

Hi Does this look alright for employer letter of the applicant:

To whoever it may concern

This is to confirm that Ms XX is a permanent employee of XX Ltd. and has the designation of xxx Executive.

Since April 2021, xx's current gross annual salary is £24,480. Prior to that her salary was £24000 until March 2021 when she received her annual pay increase of 2%. The new amount is reflected in the corresponding payslips from April 2021.

Ms xx has been employed by our company since August 2019.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards
xx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:57 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:29 am
Hi Does this look alright for employer letter of the applicant:

To whoever it may concern

This is to confirm that Ms XX is a permanent employee of XX Ltd. and has the designation of xxx Executive.

Since April 2021, xx's current gross annual salary is £24,480. Prior to that her salary was £24000 until March 2021 when she received her annual pay increase of 2%. The new amount is reflected in the corresponding payslips from April 2021.

Ms xx has been employed by our company since August 2019.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards
xx
The above seems right as all points addressed including reference to payslips.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:09 am

My wife's employer has asked the address of Home Office to put in the letter as they won't issue it without this. What address is it does anyone know?

Also they said they will send a digitally signed pdf , not a hard copy. Is that okay?

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:48 am

Any advise please?

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:30 am

Anyone know the address of UKVI ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:10 am

A simple Google search would have given you a range of options. We don't know specifically where they are dealt with but you can simply use the one below for the letter.

Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M) Lunar House 40 Wellesley Road Croydon CR9 2BY
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:10 am
A simple Google search would have given you a range of options. We don't know specifically where they are dealt with but you can simply use the one below for the letter.

Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M) Lunar House 40 Wellesley Road Croydon CR9 2BY
Many thanks, yes google threw so many different places, got confused.

Also , am guessing since now we are scanning our documents, it doesn't matter if the employer sends us a pdf of the letter instead of a postal copy which we can upload on UKVCAS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:24 am

PDF is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)