Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - keep my passport option

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm

tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Hi,

Just received the email too.

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - gwf was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/19/2019 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I think this just means the passport is ready to collect and a decision has been made, will probably find out once we collect the passport I guess.

But will keep you posted.

22 working days today.
Nice one, how many emails did you receive overall. I've only received the one saying the application has been received and is being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer. Goodluck and keep us updated. In Shaa Allah it is good news. :)

@Nadeem1992 I havent had any updates either. In Shaa Allah you also have some good news very soon. Keep me updated. Thanks

tehussain
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Certified copies

Post by tehussain » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm
tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Hi,

Just received the email too.

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - gwf was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/19/2019 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I think this just means the passport is ready to collect and a decision has been made, will probably find out once we collect the passport I guess.

But will keep you posted.

22 working days today.
Nice one, how many emails did you receive overall. I've only received the one saying the application has been received and is being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer. Goodluck and keep us updated. In Shaa Allah it is good news. :)

@Nadeem1992 I havent had any updates either. In Shaa Allah you also have some good news very soon. Keep me updated. Thanks
Three including this.


First - regarding Sheffield and posting documents.
Second - consideration by eco.
Third - the above today.

tehussain
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Certified copies

Post by tehussain » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:44 pm

tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm
tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Hi,

Just received the email too.

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - gwf was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/19/2019 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I think this just means the passport is ready to collect and a decision has been made, will probably find out once we collect the passport I guess.

But will keep you posted.

22 working days today.
Nice one, how many emails did you receive overall. I've only received the one saying the application has been received and is being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer. Goodluck and keep us updated. In Shaa Allah it is good news. :)

@Nadeem1992 I havent had any updates either. In Shaa Allah you also have some good news very soon. Keep me updated. Thanks
Three including this.


First - regarding Sheffield and posting documents.
Second - consideration by eco.
Third - the above today.
Other half will be going collecting passport tomorrow, she was waiting for the phone call from VFS so didn't go today.

No indication of the decision yet.

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 pm

tehussain wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:44 pm
tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm
tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Hi,

Just received the email too.

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - gwf was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/19/2019 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I think this just means the passport is ready to collect and a decision has been made, will probably find out once we collect the passport I guess.

But will keep you posted.

22 working days today.
Nice one, how many emails did you receive overall. I've only received the one saying the application has been received and is being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer. Goodluck and keep us updated. In Shaa Allah it is good news. :)

@Nadeem1992 I havent had any updates either. In Shaa Allah you also have some good news very soon. Keep me updated. Thanks
Three including this.


First - regarding Sheffield and posting documents.
Second - consideration by eco.
Third - the above today.
Other half will be going collecting passport tomorrow, she was waiting for the phone call from VFS so didn't go today.

No indication of the decision yet.

Hi thanks for the reply. So I'm guessing the phone call doesn't matter.

Good luck and In Shaa Allah it is all good news tomorrow. Keep me updated, thanks.

tehussain
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Certified copies

Post by tehussain » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am

Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 pm
tehussain wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:44 pm
tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm


Nice one, how many emails did you receive overall. I've only received the one saying the application has been received and is being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer. Goodluck and keep us updated. In Shaa Allah it is good news. :)

@Nadeem1992 I havent had any updates either. In Shaa Allah you also have some good news very soon. Keep me updated. Thanks
Three including this.


First - regarding Sheffield and posting documents.
Second - consideration by eco.
Third - the above today.
Other half will be going collecting passport tomorrow, she was waiting for the phone call from VFS so didn't go today.

No indication of the decision yet.

Hi thanks for the reply. So I'm guessing the phone call doesn't matter.

Good luck and In Shaa Allah it is all good news tomorrow. Keep me updated, thanks.
Salaam,

Collected today and visa is approved.

It was approved on the 14th.

19 working days since the biometric. Alhamdulillah.

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am

tehussain wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am
Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 pm
tehussain wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:44 pm
tehussain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm


Three including this.


First - regarding Sheffield and posting documents.
Second - consideration by eco.
Third - the above today.
Other half will be going collecting passport tomorrow, she was waiting for the phone call from VFS so didn't go today.

No indication of the decision yet.

Hi thanks for the reply. So I'm guessing the phone call doesn't matter.

Good luck and In Shaa Allah it is all good news tomorrow. Keep me updated, thanks.
Salaam,

Collected today and visa is approved.

It was approved on the 14th.

19 working days since the biometric. Alhamdulillah.
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. That was nice and quick. So does your partner have to leave around 14th Sep? Why does it take the centre a week to update? Thanks

tehussain
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Certified copies

Post by tehussain » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:50 am

No, I put down travel date as 24th of August, however, travel dates are 21st of August to 20th September.

No idea, strange system lol.

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:15 am

tehussain wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:50 am
No, I put down travel date as 24th of August, however, travel dates are 21st of August to 20th September.

No idea, strange system lol.
The most important thing is that the visa was granted. So once again congratulations and In Shaa Allah you will have a very happy life together. Thanks for updating us! 😀

tehussain
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Certified copies

Post by tehussain » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am

How long ago did you apply?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65724
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Certified copies

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:18 am

tehussain wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am
How long ago did you apply?
Maybe read the first page of the topic :idea: :idea: Mid July.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm

tehussain wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am
How long ago did you apply?
Biometrics was 4th July. Submitted docs 9th July. Received eco email 12th July being prepared for consideration.

nadeem1992
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Re: Certified copies

Post by nadeem1992 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm
tehussain wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am
How long ago did you apply?
Biometrics was 4th July. Submitted docs 9th July. Received eco email 12th July being prepared for consideration.
Hi Fizzy

Any updates? I've not heard anything yet. Been 34 working days so far since biometrics..

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:08 pm

nadeem1992 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:20 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm
tehussain wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am
How long ago did you apply?
Biometrics was 4th July. Submitted docs 9th July. Received eco email 12th July being prepared for consideration.
Hi Fizzy

Any updates? I've not heard anything yet. Been 34 working days so far since biometrics..
Hi I hope you are well. Nope, heard nothing. 43 days so far. Do you know if next email is decision email or will it just be collection email?

nadeem1992
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Re: Certified copies

Post by nadeem1992 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi. I'm good thanks. Hope you are too.
If you do not email them yourself and an email comes from them first it will be a collection email but if you email them to query it it will most likely be a decision has been made email followed by a collection email.
Im going to wait until the 60th working day before contacting them

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:26 pm

nadeem1992 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm
Hi. I'm good thanks. Hope you are too.
If you do not email them yourself and an email comes from them first it will be a collection email but if you email them to query it it will most likely be a decision has been made email followed by a collection email.
Im going to wait until the 60th working day before contacting them
I'm good thanks. Ok ye that makes sense. I will also wait until 60 working days. My partner has kept passport so I'm guessing they will contact her before hand as they will need passport to issue visa on.

nadeem1992
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Re: Certified copies

Post by nadeem1992 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:52 pm

She kept the passport?
How come?
I thought you need to submit that at biometrics?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65724
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Certified copies

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:54 pm

nadeem1992 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:52 pm
She kept the passport?
How come?
I thought you need to submit that at biometrics?
It is the 'keep my passport' service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fizzy513
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Certified copies

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:20 pm

nadeem1992 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:52 pm
She kept the passport?
How come?
I thought you need to submit that at biometrics?
Thanks Cr001, yes my partner paid extra to keep passport as she needs it to go back to afghanistan. She applied through Pakistan. The question regarding are you a national of the country you are applying from - I have entered no. Does this make a difference. Reason for this i explained the application centre is closed in Afghanistan and the government website suggests all application from afghanistan needs to go through pakistan.

nadeem1992
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Re: Certified copies

Post by nadeem1992 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Aaah I see
All the best. Keep me updated

nadeem1992
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Re: Certified copies

Post by nadeem1992 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 pm

nadeem1992 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:42 pm
Aaah I see
All the best. Keep me updated
Salaam Fizzy

Hope you're well. Any updates? Will you be calling/emailing them next week as I think your 60 working days hits next week?
Nothing from me yet

Post Reply