ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Keep My Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

olsi07
Newly Registered
Albania

Spouse Visa - Keep My Passport

Post by olsi07 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:37 am

Hi,

I hope someone can answer my question, have googled everywhere and found no answer.

I am about to apply for a Spouse Visa UK from oversees. I am resident in Italy but already in possession of 5 year a Business visitor UK visa (still 2 years validity).

I will apply next week and will attend the appointment in TLS Rome where will opt for the service "Keep My passport".

While I will be awaiting for the visa processing, I will need to visit the UK for 2 weeks due to business meetings and obviously seeing my spouse. Is this possible or am I going to have trouble at the UK Border?

Please advise!

Cheers

Theunknownusername
Wales

Re: Spouse Visa - Keep My Passport

Post by Theunknownusername » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 am

olsi07 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:37 am
Hi,

I hope someone can answer my question, have googled everywhere and found no answer.

I am about to apply for a Spouse Visa UK from oversees. I am resident in Italy but already in possession of 5 year a Business visitor UK visa (still 2 years validity).

I will apply next week and will attend the appointment in TLS Rome where will opt for the service "Keep My passport".

While I will be awaiting for the visa processing, I will need to visit the UK for 2 weeks due to business meetings and obviously seeing my spouse. Is this possible or am I going to have trouble at the UK Border?

Please advise!

Cheers
Should be fine. It's the main reason most people opt to 'keep my passport'. There will come a time where they will request you to submit your passport to the same VFS location as your biometrics. Just make sure you are back by then!