ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by Fififadi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:16 pm

Thank you very much ♥️

AmazonianX
Diamond Member
Posts: 2149
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:01 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:16 pm
Thank you very much ♥️
Congratulations Fifi, yours was a long walk for patience.

bathanza
Senior Member
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:56 pm
Location: London

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by bathanza » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:07 am

Huge congratulations - fantastic result. It's a big shame that it had to go that far and long in order for you to just get your visa!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18
03-08 2018 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by Fififadi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:57 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:01 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:16 pm
Thank you very much ♥️
Congratulations Fifi, yours was a long walk for patience.
Thank you so much AmazonianX

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by Fififadi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:58 am

bathanza wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:07 am
Huge congratulations - fantastic result. It's a big shame that it had to go that far and long in order for you to just get your visa!
Thank you so much Bathanza - your journey was very inspiring for me and I kept reading it back to keep me positive.

pinksunflower
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Australia

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by pinksunflower » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:55 am

Wow Fifi!! I am so happy for you and your hubby What a long road you had to walk!

Did you use a solicitor for your appeal? Interested to know how you overturned the 320 (11) decision.

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?qq

Post by Fififadi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 am

pinksunflower wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:55 am
Wow Fifi!! I am so happy for you and your hubby What a long road you had to walk!

Did you use a solicitor for your appeal? Interested to know how you overturned the 320 (11) decision.
Hi Pinksunflower

Thank you!

Yes we did use a solicitor I don’t think it’s easy to overturn without their support.

The main reason the judge ruled in our favour was due to the amount of time that had passed since the overstaying and absconding incident. Also, the judge ruled that it would affect MY human rights to be asked to move seeing as I’m very well settled here in a very good job, with family and friends all around me.

My husband has submitted his passport now, so just waiting for that back!

I am so very grateful to God, without who this would never have been possible.

Where have you got to with your case?

pinksunflower
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Australia

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by pinksunflower » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:35 am

Wonderful! I am so happy for you.

My situation: still yet to apply because fearing covid back log but now I’m also thinking might as well start the process otherwise how long will we wait for?

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Waiting time after appeal allowed

Post by Fififadi » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who has recently submitted their passport for stamping after winning an appeal and waiting for this to be returned? I just wanted to see current timelines

My timeline:

Decision overturned after appeal: 09.02.21
Email received to pay IHS and submit passport: 12.02.21
IHS Paid: 12.02.21
Passport submitted (Lahore): 19.02.21

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by Fififadi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Finally got the email to pick up the passport!!

A long wait has finally come to an end.

Thank you everyone for your support through this time.

My timeline, for one final time!

Applied: July 2019
Refused: October 2019
Appealed: November 2019
Hearing date: December 2020
Appeal won: January 2020
Passport submitted after winning appeal: 19.02.21
Passport ready for collection: 13.04.21
Collecting: 14.04.21

♥️

khan1992
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm
Location: birmingham

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by khan1992 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Congratulations fifi! :)

dec25
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 am
Nepal

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by dec25 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm

A massive Congratulations! Best wishes to you both.

pinksunflower
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Australia

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by pinksunflower » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:38 am

Congratulations! So happy for you and your hubby!

Fififadi wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:41 pm
Finally got the email to pick up the passport!!

A long wait has finally come to an end.

Thank you everyone for your support through this time.

My timeline, for one final time!

Applied: July 2019
Refused: October 2019
Appealed: November 2019
Hearing date: December 2020
Appeal won: January 2020
Passport submitted after winning appeal: 19.02.21
Passport ready for collection: 13.04.21
Collecting: 14.04.21

♥️

nel_2019
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:28 pm

Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by nel_2019 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 am

Hi guys,
Although I have a lawyer, I would like to get some professional advice from y’all. Basically I have recieved a case management review hearing (CMRH) soon and I wonder what’s the difference between CMRH and full hearing regarding my spouse who has been over Stayer and so application refused. Is there any chance to get overturn or would it proceed to full hearing

Can somebody help plz. 😨

Fififadi
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Mood:

Re: Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by Fififadi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:14 am

nel_2019 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 am
Hi guys,
Although I have a lawyer, I would like to get some professional advice from y’all. Basically I have recieved a case management review hearing (CMRH) soon and I wonder what’s the difference between CMRH and full hearing regarding my spouse who has been over Stayer and so application refused. Is there any chance to get overturn or would it proceed to full hearing

Can somebody help plz. 😨
Hey

I think it’s just a hearing before the actual hearing to go through any issues which may arise. But I think after your CMRH you will get a hearing date pretty soon. We didn’t have a CMRH but I know someone who did in October last year and then had their full hearing in December.

Hope this helps.

khan1992
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm
Location: birmingham

Re: Spouse Visa - Overstayer - chances of approval?

Post by khan1992 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi everyone

I have some good news,
My husband had his hearing in March and it was in his favour.
HO has requested him submit his passport at vfs in Pakistan and I wanted to know if he would require an appointment with current covid situation as the contact number for the centre does not work..if anyone can please answer this that would be great.

Post Reply
cron