ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa: periods of separation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Asemje
Newly Registered
Jordan

Spouse visa: periods of separation

Post by Asemje » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:14 pm

I have been married 9 years. We have 3 children together. My husband is Jordanian.
We met in the UK whilst he was on a Tier 4 visa. Once his visa expired I stayed in the UK to try and raise funds for his return. However we decided to live in Jordan as I couldn't achieve the amount required. We lived together in Saudi and Jordan.

I returned back to the UK during each pregnancy to give birth. In 2016 I spent over 5 months in UK with my mother whilst pregnant then returned to my husband once our son was born. I did the same in 2017, when I was pregnant with our daughter. I do not still have the tickets to proof my journey but I do have stamps in my passport as I have to have a visa to re enter Jordan.
However in 2019, when I returned to the UK to give birth to my 2nd daughter. My mother got diagnosed with cancer and the pandemic prevented me from returning to my husband. How can I explain these periods of separation? Where do I explain these periods?
We stated in the application we live together because we do when I am in Jordan. I returned back to Jordan this June once I sorted the affairs of my late mother and lockdown was lifted. We have proof of communication as we talk every single day. We read that we can only provide 10 pages of communication between us. Should I select snippets from various years etc?
As well as proof of communication should we provide photographs of us as family throughout the years?

Also, I own the house we will live in. It is a 3 bedroom with 1 living room. I have the house deeds yet I have heard some people have had to provide a report to show their housing is adequate. Do I need to provide that and if so how?

Does claiming child tax credit or child benefit affect my claim?

Many thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa: periods of separation

Post by manci » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 pm

As you are a British citizen and have evidence that your relationship is genuine and subsisting, and you intend to live together permanently in the UK, the periods you spent in the UK on your own shouldn't be an issue.
Terrine wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Also, I own the house we will live in. It is a 3 bedroom with 1 living room. I have the house deeds yet I have heard some people have had to provide a report to show their housing is adequate. Do I need to provide that and if so how?
not normally needed in circumstances as yours, a copy of the Land Registry entries and a photo of the house should be sufficient.
Terrine wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Does claiming child tax credit or child benefit affect my claim?
It is your husband who is applying for the spouse visa, not you.

The children presumably have British passports?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Asemje
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Asemje » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:01 pm

Yes, all my children are a British.

What do you mean by a photo of the house? I have the Land registry and the originally deeds which show the size of the property. The deeds are more than 100years old.

I am still confused on how to explain the periods apart. Do I need to provide a time line or is there no need?

We have pictures together should I include these with the documentation?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Terrine wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:01 pm
What do you mean by a photo of the house? I have the Land registry and the originally deeds which show the size of the property. The deeds are more than 100years old.
If the property is registered download and submit the entries from the Land Registry website (there is a small fee) and also upload some photos of the house. Write a cover letter for your husband's application confirming that there are 3 bedrooms and a sitting room in the house. Assuming the photos show a standard Victorian or Edwardian house the 100 year old deeds are not needed. If available, you may also upload estate agents' particulars for the house.
Terrine wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:01 pm
I am still confused on how to explain the periods apart. Do I need to provide a time line or is there no need?
In the cover letter explain that you are living with your husband in Jordan but had to spend periods in the UK at the time of your pregnancies and also because of your mother's health condition and the pandemic. Upload proof of communication between you and your husband whilst you have been away from home. The timeline will be obvious from the stamps in your passport. Mention that your children are British and their father is your husband, upload their birth certificates.

Asemje
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Asemje » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Thank you for your response.

I am going to select snippets from conversations we have had whilst apart. Should I select conversations from 2019 - 2020 or should I go further into the past?

I tend to send a lot of voice notes as it's easier for me whilst I am with the children. Most of our communication is voice notes. Should I still show this? Plus, we would vifrovall once the children were asleep on messenger.

I'm a bit confused how it will look once I cut bits of the conversation or just show random dates will the duration of call. Also, is it correct that we can only provide 10 A4 pages of communication between us?

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:46 am

Terrine wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 pm
Thank you for your response.

I am going to select snippets from conversations we have had whilst apart. Should I select conversations from 2019 - 2020 or should I go further into the past? For genuine relationships established for long there will be overwhelming evidence so just select a fair representative over last 2 years.

I tend to send a lot of voice notes as it's easier for me whilst I am with the children. Most of our communication is voice notes. Should I still show this? Plus, we would vifrovall once the children were asleep on messenger. If that's your main mode of comms then no option but to take screenshot of such and include the chats as much as you can, explain why in additional notes.

I'm a bit confused how it will look once I cut bits of the conversation or just show random dates will the duration of call. Also, is it correct that we can only provide 10 A4 pages of communication between us? If you are using self upload option there is no limit to what you can provide.

Many thanks

Asemje
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Asemje » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:12 am

In terms of the financial requirements I am applying using the cash saving. This money is in a separate account to my current account. Do I need to provide bank statements of my current and saving account?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:43 am

Terrine wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:12 am
In terms of the financial requirements I am applying using the cash saving. This money is in a separate account to my current account. Do I need to provide bank statements of my current and saving account?
IMHO, you do not need to provide this (stand to be corrected)
However if you do provide current and savings account, to not confuce ECO you should state it CLEARLY that in no way is it as evidence of meeting financial requirements.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:24 am

Terrine wrote:

In respect of cash savings you must provide:

(a) personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in the account throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.

(b) A declaration as to the source(s) of the cash savings,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:49 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:43 am
Terrine wrote:
IMHO, you do not need to provide this (stand to be corrected)
However if you do provide current and savings account, to not confuce ECO you should state it CLEARLY that in no way is it as evidence of meeting financial requirements.
Note: 6 months statements of the account having the £62,500 should be provided. It's any other accounts unconnected to this that the previous reply refers to.

Asemje
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Asemje » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:57 pm

When preparing the photographs of my family as proof of a geninue marriage and family. Is it acceptable to make a collage or should I upload the whole 82pbotos. My husband made several pages of nice collages of our marriage over 9 years but I'm not sure if they will find it strange as iy has pictures of all sizes and some have been cropped.

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Terrine wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:57 pm
When preparing the photographs of my family as proof of a geninue marriage and family. Is it acceptable to make a collage or should I upload the whole 82pbotos. My husband made several pages of nice collages of our marriage over 9 years but I'm not sure if they will find it strange as iy has pictures of all sizes and some have been cropped.

Many thanks
With self upload there is no limit on the numbers of photos you can provide however which you decide on, they should be legible and should not have any alterations or modifications

Asemje
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Asemje » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:35 pm

Thank you for all your advice.

I am currently living in Jordan and applying from here. I triedti ensure i had all the required documentation with me. For the financial evidence, I have downloaded the pdf of my bank statement from my online banking. Is this okay? When I was in the UK, they refused to print them for me and stamp. Now, I've applied and worried that printing my from my online baking will not be enough.

Thanks again.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:27 am

Terrine wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:35 pm
Thank you for all your advice.

I am currently living in Jordan and applying from here. I triedti ensure i had all the required documentation with me. For the financial evidence, I have downloaded the pdf of my bank statement from my online banking. Is this okay? When I was in the UK, they refused to print them for me and stamp. Now, I've applied and worried that printing my from my online baking will not be enough.

Thanks again.
Online statements are acceptable.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:37 am

from Appendix FM Section 1.7, Financial Requirement, 23 June 2021 issue:
:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank
statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts ..... as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

Interestingly, and inexplicably, by reference to
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3.0ext.pdf
(February 2021 issue)
for work and study route applications it is not a requirement that electronic bank statements should be stamped on each page or accompanied by a supporting letter but family route applications under Appendix FM are not included in this caseworker guidance.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:49 pm

As per the Rules, even copies are ok.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:33 pm

The OP needs to submit bank statements, not payslips.

The bank statements can indeed be copies but they have to be either stamped on each page or accompanied by a letter from the bank

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:15 pm

39B (d) of the immigration rules is not referring to just payslips or indeed bank statements but all specified evidence.

The Rules trumps the guidance, IDIs referenced above.

Stamp or letter no longer required.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:28 pm

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:03 pm

The rule for bank statements for family route applications is in Appendix FM-SE of the immigration rules at para A1(a)(v).

Please don't confuse the OP with incorrect information.

Asemje
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Asemje » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:55 pm

Hi there,

I'm ready with my documentations I've had issues with my online banking. I had to transfer some money as there was no activity in the account.
This account is solely for the visa so I so not use it. There are some transactions throughout the 6 months but not a lot.

Do for the past 4 months there wasn't any transaction until I propsely transfered money. Will this be suspicious? Should I sent them copies of my current account which is where my utilities are paid from. If I should sent them copies of my current account do I need to send them 6 months worth. I feel that is a lot and doesn't prove anything?

Many thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Re. cash savings at least the required amount must have been held throughout the 6 months period prior to the application. This could be in one or more accounts. If one account (your savings account) satisfies the requirements there is no need to send statements for other account(s).

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:57 pm

manci wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:03 pm
The rule for bank statements for family route applications is in Appendix FM-SE of the immigration rules at para A1(a)(v).

Please don't confuse the OP with incorrect information.
It's been stated that the immigration rules are complex; it's not for me to defend them.

As it appears the OP has already applied, they can if they want provide an update as it relates to the bank statement submitted.