ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa process time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ankurdhammi
Newly Registered

spouse visa process time

Post by ankurdhammi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:01 am

i am a India citizen and lived in uk for 6 years from 2001 -2006 now i am married to british citizen and applied for settlement visa from India, these people have called me for an medical stright away which was done and complited on 26 may 2008, now does this mean i will not be called for an interview also is there any way i can get my passport and visa back quickly because i have got a job in U.K which is on stake due to this delay and long process........................please advice[/b]

luky-marina
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa process time

Post by luky-marina » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:33 am

ankurdhammi wrote:i am a India citizen and lived in uk for 6 years from 2001 -2006 now i am married to british citizen and applied for settlement visa from India, these people have called me for an medical stright away which was done and complited on 26 may 2008, now does this mean i will not be called for an interview also is there any way i can get my passport and visa back quickly because i have got a job in U.K which is on stake due to this delay and long process........................please advice[/b]
Nothing can be done, I'm afraid. You can not prompt them. There is a certain official time for processing all applications but they claim it to be a guidance only.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 pm

I have heard of another man in india who was also called for a medical. He thought that meant he was getting his visa without an interview but a month later when he still hadn't got his passport back he found out he was called for an iterview.Not sure if this is the new way of doing things now or not but wish you luck, keep us informed..