Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Spouse Visa

Post by Rohit15 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 am

I am a British citizen by naturalization and want to bring my wife and 2 years old daughter to UK from a Non-EU country. My daughter was born after I became British citizen. I am earning £23000 per annum which meets the financial requirement of a spouse visa with one child.
My query is related to help with housing cost and can someone kindly answer it.
At present, I am renting a small room in a shared flat in London but when they come over here, I will have to find one bed flat or least studio flat which is unaffordable with my salary unless I am eligible to get help with housing cost.
1. Do I have to rent one bed/studio flat when apply for visa?
2. Once my family is here, can I claim for housing benefit or working tax or child tax credit or any kind of benefit to get help with my rent?
If I don’t get help with rent, then after paying rent for a studio or one bed flat I won’t have enough money to feed myself and my family. I need to make the decision based on this information.

User avatar
Diamond Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:13 pm

1. You'll need at least 1 bedroom flat with a sitting room which can be counted towards a bedroom. Child will count as needing 0.5 of a room.

2. With your salary I doubt you will not get any housing benefit at all. You will most likely not get any housing benefit at all.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:46 am

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by Mandeep1990 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:11 am

Hi there I’m
Struggling with anticipation my husband received a messages on Thursday evening India timing 6:12pm saying the processed application ****** will be delivered to the chosen address.... (very vague) then on the Friday at India 00:39 timing he got an email
Saying The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF******* was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 12/20/2018
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I’m really scared it may be refused as he still has not received any message saying his passports due to be collected... but then thinking the weekend came in between... and blue dart tracking website says due to be delivered 24/21/18

Time line
Settlement settlement husband non priority
Application submitted: 17/11/2018
Biometric vfs Jhalandhar: 19/11/2018
Document sent to Sheffield : 22/11/2018
Documents returned to me: 15/10/2018
Entry clearance officer received file: 03/11/2018
Decision not made by: 12/12/2018 (60 working days)
Contacted ukvi: 14/12/2018 decision was made on 05/12/2018
Case escalated: 14/12/2018
Email received to verify applicant details 22/12/2018
Replied on 21/12/2018
Couriers email received 21/12/2018 online tracked due for delivery 24/12/2018 ( weekend in between)
So nervous have no idea if it’s been granted. Anybody else in this position

Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:32 am

Could you please send me the contact e-mail you have used to contact UKVI?

Post Reply