ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stepphen
Newly Registered
Mood:

spouse visa

Post by stepphen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:35 pm

i am british my wife is thai we just got 2 visa extension oh and have 2 year old daugther born here. My wife will have been here 13.5 years by the time this visa expires if she does not pass life in the uk test we wil have to go for another extension.But i now have long term illness and pip is really hard to get if she does not pass life in uk test what the best options please

geoeng
Canada

Re: spouse visa

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:29 am

The best option would be to pass the Life in the UK Test, but I think you know that already. If you have difficulty meeting the financial requirement for a visa extension or qualifying for the adequate maintenance route, assuming the child is a British citizen, it is possible you would meet the criteria for Section EX.1. of Appendix FM (see link below) and could be exempted from having to meet the financial requirement and continue on the 10 year route. Continuing to apply for extensions gets rather expensive though, especially if the IHS fee gets raised again in the future.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: spouse visa

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:23 pm

stepphen wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:35 pm
i am british my wife is thai we just got 2 visa extension oh and have 2 year old daugther born here. My wife will have been here 13.5 years by the time this visa expires if she does not pass life in the uk test we wil have to go for another extension.But i now have long term illness and pip is really hard to get if she does not pass life in uk test what the best options please
Apart of life in UK test another obstacle you should be aware of is B1 ielts test unless she has UK degree.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.