ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Spouse visa

Post by ghado1987 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi guys
I am preparing my application to bring my wife to the uk on spouse visa .
My question about the rent , I am renting one room in a house and I want to send the tenancy agreement with the application
Si do I need to send a letter from the landlord giving permission to stay with me in the room
And is one room ok wirh the home office as I live with the landlord and his wife and their 2 kids

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 pm

ghado1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:24 pm
Hi guys
My question about the rent , I am renting one room in a house and I want to send the tenancy agreement with the application
Si do I need to send a letter from the landlord giving permission to stay with me in the room
And is one room ok wirh the home office as I live with the landlord and his wife and their 2 kids

Thanks

As you are living with landlord so you will need lodger agreement instead tenancy agreement. You will also need noc (no objection letter) from landlord and property inspection report.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Thanks for your reply
I thought I am a tenant because I hire a room and I pay the rent so tenancy agreement.
And is that inspection report compulsory as my land lord will get scarred if I mention this to him ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:55 pm

ghado1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:38 pm
Thanks for your reply
I thought I am a tenant because I hire a room and I pay the rent so tenancy agreement.
And is that inspection report compulsory as my land lord will get scarred if I mention this to him ?
https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_ ... _landlords
What is an assured shorthold tenancy?
An assured shorthold tenancy (AST) is the most common type of tenancy if you rent from a private landlord or letting agent.

You usually have an AST if:

your original tenancy started on or after 28 February 1997
you don't share any accommodation with your landlord and they live elsewhere
Better to find other property if property inspection is not possible.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 pm

In addition to Seagul's advice, does your landlord own the property or is he subletting a room to you :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 pm
In addition to Seagul's advice, does your landlord own the property or is he subletting a room to you :?:
Yes , he own it with his wife

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 pm
ghado1987 wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks

As you are living with landlord so you will need lodger agreement instead tenancy agreement. You will also need noc (no objection letter) from landlord and property inspection report.
Sorry one more question
The landlord owns the property with his wife , do I need to get both of the. Sign the lodger agreement or just him will be enough

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:16 pm

ghado1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 pm
seagul wrote:
ghado1987 wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks

Sorry one more question
The landlord owns the property with his wife , do I need to get both of the. Sign the lodger agreement or just him will be enough
Anyone of them.

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:16 pm
ghado1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 pm
seagul wrote:
ghado1987 wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks

Sorry one more question
Anyone of them.

Hi
I found 2 bed rooms and I will hire one room and the landlord and his wife and two kids (4 years and 1 year old ) in the other room
And he accepted the inspection report to be done
Is this ok with the home office or will consider overcrowded
Pleas let me know as I have to sign the contract today
Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 am

ghado1987 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am
Depends on whether there are any other rooms available for sleeping (e.g. a living room). See pages 20 and 21 of the guidance document linked below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:18 am

geoeng wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 am
ghado1987 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am
Depends on whether there are any other rooms available for sleeping (e.g. a living room). See pages 20 and 21 of the guidance document linked below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf
Hi
Yes there is a living Room

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:30 am

ghado1987 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:18 am
Hi
Yes there is a living Room
Based on the guidance, when 3 rooms are available for sleeping (2 bedrooms and a living room), seems like up to 5 people are permitted to live in the accommodation without it being considered overcrowded. Children between 1 and 10 years of age are counted as half a person.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:38 am

I should also note that the guidance states local authorities have the power to specify the maximum number of people permitted in a house for Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMOs), which seems like it could apply here. So might also be worth confirming with the local authority that the arrangements would be acceptable.

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:29 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:38 am
I should also note that the guidance states local authorities have the power to specify the maximum number of people permitted in a house for Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMOs), which seems like it could apply here. So might also be worth confirming with the local authority that the arrangements would be acceptable.
geoeng wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:38 am
Many thanks for your advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Floor area of the room must be larger than 50 square feet for being counted.

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm
Yes
One bedroom is 116
Second one 98
And the living room is 344

Can we say that the living room can be occupied by one kid who is aged 4 years old
Or they can all fit in one room ( his parent and his daughter 1 year old )
I am really worried about this but I will risk as I don't have another choice
Or we put I the report that he had only one kid instead of 2
Any advice

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm

The golden rule when dealing with the Home Office.....never lie. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:59 pm

ghado1987 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm
seagul wrote:
Yes
One bedroom is 116
Second one 98

Can we say that the living room can be occupied by one kid who is aged 4 years old
Any advice
As long as that property is neither given by council nor by housing association to them and you have at least a double room for your exclusive use then it might meet the requirement. In that case simply saying that the couple with baby will occupy the bedroom & living room will be fine. Also no harm in stating that the property has rear garden, laundry and storage room (if any) despite these cannot be used as living rooms.

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by ghado1987 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:10 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:59 pm
ghado1987 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm
seagul wrote:
Yes
One bedroom is 116
Second one 98

Any advice
As long as that property is neither given by council nor by housing association to them and you have at least a double room for your exclusive use then it might meet the requirement. In that case simply saying that the couple with baby will occupy the bedroom & living room will be fine. Also no harm in stating that the property has rear garden, laundry and storage room (if any) despite these cannot be used as living rooms.
So in this case the inspection report is a must and has to be sent to them and can not be avoided

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:37 pm

ghado1987 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:10 am

So in this case the inspection report is a must and has to be sent to them and can not be avoided
yes

ghado1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Spouse visa

Post by ghado1987 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi guys
Please I need urgent help in my spouse application

1 . Do I need to write a statement explaining how we got to know each other
2. Do I need to translate our WhatsApp chat into English

Many thanks