ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

go2thussain
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse visa

Post by go2thussain » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:20 am

Dear Immigration Gurus,
I have a question, I obtained a spouse visa back in 2016 but after a year I left the UK with my husband who is a British citizen because of his job. Because we were living outside the UK that's why in 2018 when my spouse visa finished I didn't resubmit the renewal application. Although my husband is still working outside the UK I wanted to return to the UK on a settlement visa again. My questions are
1. is it possible for my husband to apply spouse visa for me even he is living and working outside
2. The year I spent in the UK will be considered towards 5 years threshold for ILR application?

I really appreciate your guidance and valuable suggestions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:33 am

1. No. The requirement for a spouse visa as that you and your British spouse will live in the UK. He is required to be present and settled for you to qualify for a spouse visa. You cannot live in the UK and get extensions if he lives and works abroad.

2. No, that time is lost.

If you want to come to the UK without your spouse, you will have to find another visa route you qualify for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

go2thussain
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by go2thussain » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. Can my husband show his salary slip to prove financial requirements?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm

go2thussain wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:29 pm
Thanks for your reply. Can my husband show his salary slip to prove financial requirements?
Which route are you intending to apply on?

go2thussain
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by go2thussain » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:01 pm

In case he decides to go back UK and immediately wanted to apply for a spouse visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:03 pm

He can use overseas earnings if it meets the financial requirements. He will also have to prove he has a job at the required financial requirements in the UK to start within 3 months of arrival (and UKVI do check and verify this so it can't be a fictitious job).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

go2thussain
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by go2thussain » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm
go2thussain wrote:
I am still planning to apply for a spouse visa. I and my elder daughter don't have PR in the UK but rest of my children and husband have a British passport. My main intention is to get into the UK before my child's university start. Although it's still 5 years I just wanted to make my mind.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:59 am

go2thussain wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:39 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm
go2thussain wrote:
I am still planning to apply for a spouse visa. I and my elder daughter don't have PR in the UK but rest of my children and husband have a British passport. My main intention is to get into the UK before my child's university start. Although it's still 5 years I just wanted to make my mind.
Ok, follow the outline of what is stated by CR001