ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

press1977
Sri Lanka

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by press1977 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 am

ak80 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 pm
Hey guys
My husband got a phone call just right now from the HO and asked few questions about me and his work place.
And they have told that they will give a decision after verify the given details soon.
Omg fingers crossed 🤞🙀
Hi
That's really good news. Hope for the best. You will hear good news soon. I wish we all get visa soon. Good luck.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:26 am

press1977 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 am
ak80 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 pm
Hey guys
My husband got a phone call just right now from the HO and asked few questions about me and his work place.
And they have told that they will give a decision after verify the given details soon.
Omg fingers crossed 🤞🙀
Hi
That's really good news. Hope for the best. You will hear good news soon. I wish we all get visa soon. Good luck.
Thanks friend.
will give an update as soon as I hear something.
Good luck for a good news for all of us

Ith

Post by Ith » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 am

Did they call u as well or just your spouse?

loveindia
Newly Registered
India

Post by loveindia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:06 am

Can you please update your outcome of visa? Thank you

iked
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by iked » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm

AISHA89 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 pm
AISHA89 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm
my visa has been refused.
They said that the payslips were older than 28 days.
How can i appeal?
Were they older than 28 days, the latest one specifically?
How many days older than 28days

Have you been given appeal right?
Yes they were older and yes i do have the right to appeal.
Do i have to give the same information all over again and pay the same funds?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 pm

iked wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm
Yes they were older and yes i do have the right to appeal.
Do i have to give the same information all over again and pay the same funds?
Yes, all the same information but the most recent payslips and bank statements and yes, you have to pay the visa fee and IHS fee again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iked
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by iked » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 pm

AISHA89 wrote:
How can i appeal?
How many days older than the usual 28 days?

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Ith wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 am
Did they call u as well or just your spouse?
Just the spouse and his employer

sam78640
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sam78640 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi all,
Applied on 5th april 2017.
Biometric on 7th april 2017,
Applying from PAKISTAN

Got all the not straight forward, Call to sponsor about job, 31 oct email, further delay email and not straight forward email again. Did many inquiries but same answer all the time "We are working on the processing of application."
Contacted MP 3 weeks ago and MP sent HO the letter but no response from HO.
2 weeks ago, got the Child's IHS payment needed email after did an inquiry and paid £500 for it. After 5 days got another email saying that wrong IHS payment was made and more £100 is needed because their website only gave us £500 option. Paid an extra £100 4 days ago.
Did an inquiry again and got this today:
With regards to your enquiry about the progress of your application, I can confirm that the case has been escalated on 6/11/2017.
Please allow 15 working days to receive a response via email, the applicant must ensure they are regularly checking the spam and junk folders.

It's been over 160 working days and still no decision. I don't know how long will they take. Just so frustrating.
Last edited by sam78640 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kumar5689
India

Post by Kumar5689 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi to everyone
After waiting almost 11 months I received this email today.
We are in receipt of your UK Visa Application however we are unable to assess the scanned documents for your UK sponsor supporting documentation. Without these documents we are unable to make a full consideration of your application. Can you please ensure that your UK sponsor submits the documentation to the below address within 10 working days of this email.

For all applications submitted in India Please send to:
UK Visa and Immigration
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

If you have paid for the Priority Visa Service please ensure you clearly mark on the envelope that it contains priority visa documents.

In addition to the above, please also ensure that your sponsor provides a suitably sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address, for applications submitted in Pakistan we aim to return your documents within 5 working days of receipt.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days we will make a decision based on the information we already have on file. No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Please disregard this email if you have already submitted your documents.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre
Does anyone have received this kind of email ??
What will happen now ?

asadq7
Newly Registered

Post by asadq7 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Application submitted & biometrics enrolled at : 15th Sept 2017 ISLAMABAD NON PRIORITY
Application forwarded to British High Commission on : 18th Sept 2017
Application under process at British High Commission on :25th Sept 2017

Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 22nd Sept 2017
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : N/A
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) N/A

Contacted with 'decision made' : N/A
Contacted for Collection :N/A
Collection made :N/A
Decision of Application : N/A
Emailed Homeoffice on 22/11/2017 For an update and got this from email (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com)
Thank you for your email enquiry.

The status of the application is currently showing as "Awaiting A Decision".

This means it is still being processed.

Please contact again at anytime for any further update but you will get an email to say

the decision has been made.

After the email it can take up to 10 working days for the documents.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards
Received today 24/11/2017 from email (VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk )
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi All,

FINAL update,

I have received text message and email from VFS today evening to collect my passport and I'm so happy to say my visa is granted.

My time line is follows:
County: Sri Lanka
online application: 28 June 2017
Biometrics: 07 July 2017.
Documents send to UKVI Sheffield: 21 July 2017

Didn't receive any email from UKVI such as not straightforward or 31 October email. I have sent an email asking my application status on mid October but generic reply received saying still under processing. Didn't contact MP to escalate the case and no call or emails to escalate the case. Only one email and one call for check the application status. Today is exactly 100 business days from the biometrics and today received the text message and email to collect the passport from VFS. Finally my hard, stressful, painful waiting is over. This forum is really helpful for me to get an ideas and share our thoughts. I know there is lot of people waiting here for their visa. Be strong and positive you all get visa soon. I wish you all to get your visa soon. Thank you very much for all of you. Everyone one will get visa soon and join their loved once. Good luck for everyone.

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Finally its a big fat yes. After almost 6 months of wait. Case not straight forward mail and 31st october mail and then more delay mail again with no time line .After that again got case not straight forward mail so almost lost hope. I actually checked 3 times just to confirm I am not looking into my old ICT by mistake. Hard to believe.
Biometric- 02/06 - Pune - India
Visa granted from 29/11 -29/12
Thanks to god for granting visa.
Hope everyone waiting from long time get positive decision. Best wishes to long timers.

AISHA89
Newly Registered

Post by AISHA89 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:32 pm

iked wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 pm
AISHA89 wrote:
How can i appeal?
How many days older than the usual 28 days?
About 20 days older.
They also refused on the basis that my sponser does not meet the financial req although he does!!
He makes 18,500 from his first job and 1,200 from his other job.
They stated that he makes 750 from his other job but i dont understand as it still adds up to more than 18,600!!

zainoo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainoo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm

An update ...

Yesterday marked the 60th day (12 week) since my biometric, so i decided to email them and ask for update. I got an email this morning stating the decision has been made ( :? ) Some time later in the day i got another email from vsf global stating visa application has been received followed by an email from Gerry for collection.
This is going to be the longest weekend ever to find out the outcome of my application...But in some ways i am glad that whatever the outcome, i didn't have to wait months as many of u all have (and faced with rejection) and i do pray for u all that you hear soon and it goes in your favor Inshallah. No doubt its tough time!!

Will update when my husband gets the decision .

Ith

Post by Ith » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

press1977 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:56 pm
Hi All,

FINAL update,

I have received text message and email from VFS today evening to collect my passport and I'm so happy to say my visa is granted.

My time line is follows:

Didn't receive any email from UKVI such as not straightforward or 31 October email. I have sent an email asking my application status on mid October but generic reply received saying still under processing. Didn't contact MP to escalate the case and no call or emails to escalate the case. Only one email and one call for check the application status. Today is exactly 100 business days from the biometrics and today received the text message and email to collect the passport from VFS. Finally my hard, stressful, painful waiting is over. This forum is really helpful for me to get an ideas and share our thoughts. I know there is lot of people waiting here for their visa. Be strong and positive you all get visa soon. I wish you all to get your visa soon. Thank you very much for all of you. Everyone one will get visa soon and join their loved once. Good luck for everyone.
Great news friends good to hear Sri lankan are getting good news fingers crossed I get good news within this month. Waiting is hard since may 31st :(

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:10 am

asadq7 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 pm
Application submitted & biometrics enrolled at : 15th Sept 2017 ISLAMABAD NON PRIORITY
Application forwarded to British High Commission on : 18th Sept 2017
Application under process at British High Commission on :25th Sept 2017

Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 22nd Sept 2017
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : N/A
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) N/A

Contacted with 'decision made' : N/A
Contacted for Collection :N/A
Collection made :N/A
Decision of Application : N/A
Emailed Homeoffice on 22/11/2017 For an update and got this from email (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com)
Thank you for your email enquiry.

The status of the application is currently showing as "Awaiting A Decision".

This means it is still being processed.

Please contact again at anytime for any further update but you will get an email to say

the decision has been made.

After the email it can take up to 10 working days for the documents.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards
Received today 24/11/2017 from email (VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk )
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

I received the same email today from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk and a similar one from the contact centre telling me that my application was being processed.

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:55 am

Ith wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm
press1977 wrote:
Hi All,

FINAL update,

My time line is follows:

Great news friends good to hear Sri lankan are getting good news fingers crossed I get good news within this month. Waiting is hard since may 31st :(
Hi
Thank you very much. Don't worry you will hear good news too. Be positive all the time. Wish you all get visa soon. Good luck.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 am

press1977 wrote:
Hi All,

FINAL update,

My time line is follows:

That's a huge good news.
Many congratulations friends. Good luck for your future. 🙏

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:16 pm

ak80 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 am
press1977 wrote:
Hi All,

FINAL update,

My time line is follows:

That's a huge good news.
Many congratulations friends. Good luck for your future. 🙏
Hi
Thank you very much. You will hear good news very soon. Be strong and positive. I wish you will get your visa soon. Hope for the best. Good luck.

Mywifemm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Reee Oups finaly i get my visa

Post by Mywifemm » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi evryone!
I m so happy :) to share with you my experience with the famous spouse visa after 4 months of waiting , yesterday i got my visa.
Application : 19/07 NON PRIORITY (self-employed)
Documents sent to Ukvi : 25/07
I received an e mail from ukvi telling me just wait and my app still under process : 05/10
My lawyer sent email to ukvi service to escalte the case : 06/11
UKVI service answer me and my lawyer in : 10/11 telling us just wait , my appl is under process like all applications
My documents were returned back to the lawyer in :23/11
Same date my application changed to the green colour and my husband receive an email to go to collect the passport
Getting my passport back with VISA : 24/11
THANKS TO GOD
THANKS to the lawyer xxxxx who made a very good job
THANKS TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE groupe because of you and all the informations shared here i didn t lost hope & patient .Good luck for everyone.

wellwisher1928
Mood:

Post by wellwisher1928 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:11 am

zainoo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm
An update ...

Yesterday marked the 60th day (12 week) since my biometric, so i decided to email them and ask for update. I got an email this morning stating the decision has been made ( :? ) Some time later in the day i got another email from vsf global stating visa application has been received followed by an email from Gerry for collection.
This is going to be the longest weekend ever to find out the outcome of my application...But in some ways i am glad that whatever the outcome, i didn't have to wait months as many of u all have (and faced with rejection) and i do pray for u all that you hear soon and it goes in your favor Inshallah. No doubt its tough time!!

good news. please share your timline as well.

Ith

Post by Ith » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:16 am

After my enquiry I got a email saying the following
Off Topic
Thank you for your enquiry.
The application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon.
Final processing stages does anyone have any idea how long does last stages take for this to process. Waiting since may 31. Applied from Colombo Sri lanka

Ith

Post by Ith » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:52 am

ak80 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:17 am
drfmb wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:43 am
ak80 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:29 pm
Hey guys
I just got this reply for a enquiry made mid October

"Thank you for your enquiry and please accept our apologies for the delay in making a decision.
The application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon."

What does this mean?
Hi AK80, Have you received any news after this email?
Hi friend.
I didn't get any news after this. Still waiting 😓
Hey are u still waiting for your decision?

zainoo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainoo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:36 pm

wellwisher1928 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:11 am
zainoo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm
An update ...

good news. please share your timline as well.
FINAL UPDATE
Non priority application (29 aughust 17)
No emails from HO in between of any sort. i emailed the 11th week for a status update and was told it under process.
Passport collect: Monday 27/11
Visa Refused
Reason: i dint supply 6 month of wage slips for my second job (which is nonsense as i did)
: we submitted ielts General and they said i should have provided Academic..

I dont know what to do now? any good advise please...