ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
OlaSim
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 pm
Mood:

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by OlaSim » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:27 am

royjones wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm
Hello beautiful people,

VISAAAAAAAAAA GRANTED!!!!!!

Timeline

Country applying from: Nigeria
Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, UK
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement (Non-Priority)

13th May 2019 - Online Application Submitted
20th May 2019 - Biometrics Taken
30th May 2019 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield
15th Aug 2019 - Collection Email received from TLScontact 11:18am
9th Aug 2019 - Date Visa was Issued
15th Aug 2019 - Passport & Visa Collected at 12.34pm as i cudn't breathe..


One of the scariest moments in my life definitely....

Bless the others waiting.. just read thru each page and u will be fine... no lawyers involved at all..

Warm Regards.

royjones wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am
Hello Beautiful people,

Today is Working Day 60.. should i email or call them?

Biometric done 20th of May 2019, with mail stating ECO is preparing the application for consideration on 6th of June, 2019.

That's the last mail i received...
So happy for you :)
Told ya, it’s a waiting game and well worth it when the visa has been granted.

I hope everyone else waiting receives the same great news!

OlaSim
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 pm
Mood:

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by OlaSim » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 am

royjones wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Hello Beautiful People,

Thanks for all the wishes.... its been great!!!

I pray for more successful outcomes for each & every one f us still pending..

Please has anyone traveled recently traveled with expired TB certificate?

Mine expires Sept 2019 and i want to travel early October 2019..

Please will there be a problem?

My girl will bring the original TB CERTIFICATE document while i will bring a scanned copy..

Any good? Has anyone traveled with expired TB certificate?

Royjones,
Not sure about the expired TB certificate but to let you know, you have to travel within the 28 days period visa was granted.
Are you aware of this? Only because you mentioned travelling in October.

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by rexabruzzi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 am

I have a similar timeline too.. date of application. 8th April and biometrics submitted 16th April. Received not straight forward email and then escalated twice. Last email states that they cannot give a timeline.

TB certificate expires on the 25th of August. Documents haven’t been returned yet too..

Dejected and disappointed!

😞




quote=redcarpert post_id=1815684

time=1566287527 user_id=221977]
[quote=sophiealys post_id=<a href="tel:1814353">1814353</a> time=<a href="tel:1565952420">1565952420</a> user_id=223213]
My fiancé is from Mexico and applied for marriage settlement. He completed biometrics 12/04/2019. Received email stating that they are making a decision: 03/06/2019. Called to enquire the status of application 22/06/2019 and received an email on 25/06/2019 stating that they are still working on making a decision. It has now been 87 working days, 18 weeks since he completed biometrics. Anyone else still waiting since April?
[/quote]

We have similar timeline.. my wife completed biometric 18/04/2019 and still waiting for decision
[/quote]

lmrad
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am
Tunisia

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by lmrad » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 am

according to previous post here and information over the net : receiving back the documentation does not mean the decision is made. it simply mean that they did a copy of your document.
decision could take more time to be done/delivered : I think expected over email .
I'm same situation as you, just received back the documentation. in average I think, we need to wait 2-4 more weeks in best cases to get a feedback about decision.
good luck!

lmrad
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am
Tunisia

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by lmrad » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:58 am

Mcgowan wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am
Today I recieved my documents back in the post but I haven't recieved a email or text to collect passport. How long do you recon I will have to wait until I will be able to collect? Tia
according to previous posts here and information over the net : receiving back the documentation does not mean the decision is made. it simply mean that they did a copy of your document.
decision could take more time to be done/delivered : I think expected over email .
I'm same situation as you, just received back the documentation. in average I think, we need to wait 2-4 more weeks in best cases to get a feedback about decision.
good luck!

royjones
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:50 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by royjones » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm

thanks for the wishes....

28days? i got 30days on my visa vignette...

yea i intend to travel in October..
OlaSim wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 am
royjones wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Hello Beautiful People,

Thanks for all the wishes.... its been great!!!

I pray for more successful outcomes for each & every one f us still pending..

Please has anyone traveled recently traveled with expired TB certificate?

Mine expires Sept 2019 and i want to travel early October 2019..

Please will there be a problem?

My girl will bring the original TB CERTIFICATE document while i will bring a scanned copy..

Any good? Has anyone traveled with expired TB certificate?

Royjones,
Not sure about the expired TB certificate but to let you know, you have to travel within the 28 days period visa was granted.
Are you aware of this? Only because you mentioned travelling in October.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 69590
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm

royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm
thanks for the wishes....

28days? i got 30days on my visa vignette...

yea i intend to travel in October..
OlaSim wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 am
royjones wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Hello Beautiful People,

Thanks for all the wishes.... its been great!!!

I pray for more successful outcomes for each & every one f us still pending..

Please has anyone traveled recently traveled with expired TB certificate?

Mine expires Sept 2019 and i want to travel early October 2019..

Please will there be a problem?

My girl will bring the original TB CERTIFICATE document while i will bring a scanned copy..

Any good? Has anyone traveled with expired TB certificate?

Royjones,
Not sure about the expired TB certificate but to let you know, you have to travel within the 28 days period visa was granted.
Are you aware of this? Only because you mentioned travelling in October.
I believe the user was query what the 30 days visa validity is if you are only travel in October which is more than 30 days from now. Ukvi do not always date the visa in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

royjones
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:50 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by royjones » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm

hi CR001,

i'm sorry i don't understand..

the visa given starts 20th Sept 2019 & is valid till 20th Oct 2019.

I actually picked my intended travel date to be Sept 27, 2019 when applying, so i think that's why i got some extra days before the visa kicks in..
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm
royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm
thanks for the wishes....

28days? i got 30days on my visa vignette...

yea i intend to travel in October..
OlaSim wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 am
royjones wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Hello Beautiful People,

Thanks for all the wishes.... its been great!!!

I pray for more successful outcomes for each & every one f us still pending..

Please has anyone traveled recently traveled with expired TB certificate?

Mine expires Sept 2019 and i want to travel early October 2019..

Please will there be a problem?

My girl will bring the original TB CERTIFICATE document while i will bring a scanned copy..

Any good? Has anyone traveled with expired TB certificate?

Royjones,
Not sure about the expired TB certificate but to let you know, you have to travel within the 28 days period visa was granted.
Are you aware of this? Only because you mentioned travelling in October.
I believe the user was query what the 30 days visa validity is if you are only travel in October which is more than 30 days from now. Ukvi do not always date the visa in the future.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 69590
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm

royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm
hi CR001,

i'm sorry i don't understand..

the visa given starts 20th Sept 2019 & is valid till 20th Oct 2019.

I actually picked my intended travel date to be Sept 27, 2019 when applying, so i think that's why i got some extra days before the visa kicks in..
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm
royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm
thanks for the wishes....

28days? i got 30days on my visa vignette...

yea i intend to travel in October..
OlaSim wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 am



Royjones,
Not sure about the expired TB certificate but to let you know, you have to travel within the 28 days period visa was granted.
Are you aware of this? Only because you mentioned travelling in October.
I believe the user was query what the 30 days visa validity is if you are only travel in October which is more than 30 days from now. Ukvi do not always date the visa in the future.
No extra days. I was only pointing out that often ho ignore the request and future intended date of travel and issue the visa valid from decision day. As you had not stated previously what your visa validity was, hence the previous user asking the question about travelling later in the year if your visa was issued for now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

royjones
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:50 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by royjones » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Thanks for the clarification...

I'm traveling first week of October tho..

I got a lot of planning and rounding up to do..
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm
royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm
hi CR001,

i'm sorry i don't understand..

the visa given starts 20th Sept 2019 & is valid till 20th Oct 2019.

I actually picked my intended travel date to be Sept 27, 2019 when applying, so i think that's why i got some extra days before the visa kicks in..
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm
royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm
thanks for the wishes....

28days? i got 30days on my visa vignette...

yea i intend to travel in October..

I believe the user was query what the 30 days visa validity is if you are only travel in October which is more than 30 days from now. Ukvi do not always date the visa in the future.
No extra days. I was only pointing out that often ho ignore the request and future intended date of travel and issue the visa valid from decision day. As you had not stated previously what your visa validity was, hence the previous user asking the question about travelling later in the year if your visa was issued for now.

redcarpert
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:28 am

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by redcarpert » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:39 pm
Wazsid1986 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:51 am
MollyS wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 am
Dear CR001 or someone from the forum participants who are able to give advice in my case. I need your little help.

18 Dec 2018 I was informed on the call centre that the decision on our application was made (they could not say exactly when the decision was made).

It's been 46 days now. Still no news of our passports being ready.
During this time, my case was escalated 3 times, Sheffield tells me that they have some technical problems.

What could all this mean? I don't know what to think. What else can I do?

Thank you
Hi molly,
We are in same boat. Our decision was taken around 5 Jan still waiting. I have contacted MP
and escalated case. If I don’t get a reply I will write a letter to the same address where I have sent the docs. Do have any dependant? Did they request ihs for dependant ?

They take there time in seeming passport back. They made a decision in November for me and sent passport back in January with a refusal

I've been reading this forum for time and i've read your story, i was wondering what happened after they overturned the decision, did your husband get his visa? i hope in sha allah he did and you reunited with him with your family and ask allah to grant your daughter cure in sha allah

khan1992
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm
Location: birmingham

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by khan1992 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Visa
Priority/Non-Priority: Non Priority
Application centre: Islamabad
Online Application Submitted: 13/08/19
Bio-metrics taken: 20/08/19
Documents submitted vfs :22/08/19

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 69590
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:29 pm

khan1992 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:28 pm
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Visa
Priority/Non-Priority: Non Priority
Application centre: Islamabad
Online Application Submitted: 13/08/19
Bio-metrics taken: 20/08/19
Documents submitted vfs :22/08/19
This is not the timeline thread. Please post timelines in the timeline only topic for Pakistan. This thread is for other discussions or advice while waiting for outcome of visa!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lmrad
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am
Tunisia

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by lmrad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:17 pm

Does anyone know how usually it takes between returning supporting document and getting decision ?
Anyone has some statistics ?
Thanks

User avatar
smithy101
Junior Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:21 am

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by smithy101 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:52 pm

smithy101 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 am
smithy101 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 am
Applying from: Jamaica
Type of visa applied for: Spouse & Child Settlement (both priority)
Date application submitted: 17 June 2019
Date bio-metrics taken: 4 July 2019
Documents sent to Sheffield: 5 July 2019
Documents received at Sheffield: 11 July 2019
Documents returned:
ECO email: 15 July 2019
Decision made email:
I sent an email asking for escalation on my 30th working day which was 15/08/2019 detailing all necessary information. Just received an email reply 18/08/2019, asking for the same information in my initial email :? :roll: (GWF, Name, IHS No etc).

:x
Email received on 23 August 2019 (day 36 of priority service)

We are continuing to work on the above applications which are currently awaiting an assessment to be completed. We are unable to provide any timescales as to when a decision will be made however you will be contacted once decisions have been concluded on your applications

Is this a generic email to fob me off some more?

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by rexabruzzi » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:21 am

smithy101 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:52 pm
smithy101 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 am
smithy101 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 am
Applying from: Jamaica
Type of visa applied for: Spouse & Child Settlement (both priority)
Date application submitted: 17 June 2019
Date bio-metrics taken: 4 July 2019
Documents sent to Sheffield: 5 July 2019
Documents received at Sheffield: 11 July 2019
Documents returned:
ECO email: 15 July 2019
Decision made email:
I sent an email asking for escalation on my 30th working day which was 15/08/2019 detailing all necessary information. Just received an email reply 18/08/2019, asking for the same information in my initial email :? :roll: (GWF, Name, IHS No etc).

:x
Email received on 23 August 2019 (day 36 of priority service)

We are continuing to work on the above applications which are currently awaiting an assessment to be completed. We are unable to provide any timescales as to when a decision will be made however you will be contacted once decisions have been concluded on your applications

Is this a generic email to fob me off some more?

Yes I received the same email too. saying "We are unable to provide any timescales as to when a decision will be made however you will be contacted once decisions have been concluded on your application"

It seems quite unfair how they would not provide at least a tentative timescale :(

tehussain
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by tehussain » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:11 am

lmrad wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:17 pm
Does anyone know how usually it takes between returning supporting document and getting decision ?
Anyone has some statistics ?
Thanks
I'm guessing a week and a half.

For me decision was made on 14/08/19
They emailed/text spouse on 19/08/2019
Passport collected on 22/08/2019
Posted documents back on 23/08/2019 so I received on 23/08/2019.


Hope that helps.

lmrad
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am
Tunisia

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by lmrad » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:20 pm

tehussain wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:11 am
lmrad wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:17 pm
Does anyone know how usually it takes between returning supporting document and getting decision ?
Anyone has some statistics ?
Thanks
I'm guessing a week and a half.

For me decision was made on 14/08/19
They emailed/text spouse on 19/08/2019
Passport collected on 22/08/2019
Posted documents back on 23/08/2019 so I received on 23/08/2019.


Hope that helps.
Thank you for your answer .
I have already received the documentation back but did not get decision yet .
Seems in your case , it is the way around : you got your supporting document after the decision has been made .

AWW
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:02 am

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by AWW » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:12 am

HI

I've been lurking on this forum/thread for the past couple of weeks while waiting for my Wife's visa. As I've found the timelines useful/reassuring I'll post ours below:

Applying from: Shanghai
Type of visa applied for: Spouse, Priority
Date application submitted: 15th July 2019
Date bio-metrics taken: 18th July 2019
Email received to say being prepared for consideration: 2nd August 2019
Passport arrived by courier with Visa and supporting letter: 27th August (27wd after biometrics)

I didn't receive any emails or anything to say Visa granted, but my company is using xxxxx to support on the application so it may have been sent to them

I hope everyone else on here is successful, it sure is a stressful time waiting without hearing any information

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by rexabruzzi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:10 pm

Hello lovely people,

Been over 100 working days for us now. Applied on 8th April 2019.

Last mail we have from UKVI is that they cannot give a timescale as to when the decision would be made.

Going through a really tough time given our circumstances (personal reasons)

Do you guys think contacting the local MP now would be a good option?


Thanks

xo

Post Reply
cron