ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Struggling to bring my wife to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tochim
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Visa for my wife

Post by Tochim » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:01 am

I have an indefinite live to remain status through EU in UK. I want to invite my wife from Nigeria to live here with my but my confusion is this, Do I have to pay the 1,300pds plus to get her resident visa?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visa for my wife

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:30 am

Tochim wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:01 am
I have an indefinite live to remain status through EU in UK. I want to invite my wife from Nigeria to live here with my but my confusion is this, Do I have to pay the 1,300pds plus to get her resident visa?
If you mean spouse visa,yes application and ihs fees after ensuring meeting all the requirements. Are you employed?

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

Tochim
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tochim » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:45 pm

I have indefinite leave or permanent stay since two years ago and a fulltime student.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Tochim wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:45 pm
I have indefinite leave or permanent stay since two years ago and a fulltime student.
If you are a full time student, how do you plan on meeting the £18,600pa financial/income requirement to sponsor your spouse for a spouse visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tochim
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Struggling to bring my wife to UK

Post by Tochim » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Thank you to everyone who has giving me their candid advise in all I asked from you here. I sincerely appreciate. Your advise have been very helpful. However, I still have more issues that I am struggling with.

My wife is pregnant in Nigeria. I am struggling to officially meet up with the 18,600pds required to be earned for a year before you bring someone here. I have calculated how much I have earned from both work and self employment, it is about 11,700pds. This is from one account. I equally have a second account which student finance pays money into it. I know this money is not included and it may affect me if I use the account. So, I decided to use the other account but come short.
Is there any other way anyone can suggest for me, pls?

Tochim
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Struggling to bring my wife to UK

Post by Tochim » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:25 pm

I discovered that without the student finance fees, I earned legitimately little over 10k in the account. In the other account, I earned little over 11k as well

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:12 pm

You don't need to have earned the £18,600. Having an ongoing job where you can earn that amount is ok. By the time you are on the job and have earned £9,300 over the course of 6months backed with pay slips and bank statements and meeting other requirements then you can apply.
What is your immigration history in UK?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:24 pm

Tochim wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:25 pm
I discovered that without the student finance fees, I earned legitimately little over 10k in the account. In the other account, I earned little over 11k as well
Can you try and keep your questions in the same thread to be ae to follow things and you get proper response.