ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting a passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: Submitting a passport

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Joe3474 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 am
After a successful appeal, my partner has received an a email to submit their passport to the Visa Application Centre, in Colombo, Sri Lanka, so i assume so it can be sent off for a visa.

My question is, do you need an appointment just to submit a passport? I have re-searched the VFS Global website, emailed them directly and on Twitter but no response.
You don't need an appointment to submit the passport. You just walk in to VFS centre and show the letter you've got by email, they will corroborate the information and take the passport, you may have to wait though.

Please keep us updated about the application, and if your partner has got their visa, please share with us the process and what you did to overcome a refusal.

Good luck.

Joe3474

Post by Joe3474 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:59 pm

Thank you seagull, the only contact number costs £1...something per minute

Joe3474

Post by Joe3474 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Thats great Jaune. My partners initial spouse visa was refused for320(11), over-stay and working. We appealed and won because there were no aggravating features identified. Overstaying and working isnt featured as a aggravating circumstance.

A month after receiving the judges decision, I received the e-mail from the Immigration centre in Sheffield asking my partner to take their passport to the Visa application centre along with the email. I just didn't know if they needed an appointment, thanks for clearing that up.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Joe3474 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:05 pm
Thats great Jaune. My partners initial spouse visa was refused for320(11), over-stay and working. We appealed and won because there were no aggravating features identified. Overstaying and working isnt featured as a aggravating circumstance.

A month after receiving the judges decision, I received the e-mail from the Immigration centre in Sheffield asking my partner to take their passport to the Visa application centre along with the email. I just didn't know if they needed an appointment, thanks for clearing that up.
Hi Joe 3474

Firstly, congratulations to you and your partner on your successful appeal. I am very pleased to hear this news today. My husbands visa was also refused under 320(11). We are currently waiting for the review to be completed and then listed for court.

Please may i ask for your timeline. How soon did you get a court date? It seems like the delay there once was for being listed for court has minimised (touch wood). Also, which city are you based in? Just wanting to see if the location has anything to do with getting an earlier court date.

Once again, congratulations and i wish you both a happy life together.

Joe3474

Post by Joe3474 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi Fififadi, thank you for you're kind words.

We lodged an appeal in July 2019 and had the court date for late December 2019. So 5 months in total for a hearing. We were then notified that we had won our appeal 2 weeks after the hearing (the longest 2 weeks of my life). I am based in Newport, South-Wales. Thats where the hearing took place.

Good luck on your appeal, I wish you both the best of luck

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Joe3474 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:43 pm
Hi Fififadi, thank you for you're kind words.

We lodged an appeal in July 2019 and had the court date for late December 2019. So 5 months in total for a hearing. We were then notified that we had won our appeal 2 weeks after the hearing (the longest 2 weeks of my life). I am based in Newport, South-Wales. Thats where the hearing took place.

Good luck on your appeal, I wish you both the best of luck
Thank you so much for the information!

Thanks for your kind words too!