ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nadeem82
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Accomodation

Post by Nadeem82 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:38 am

Hi Moderators,

I have just applied for Spouse Visa Extension and biometrics are due in couple of weeks. I am living in a 1 bedroom flat, with my spouse and 2 British passport holders children (ages 3.5yrs and 2.5Years- both boys).

The property consist of 1 bedroom, 1 living room, a Spam and 1 bathroom with a garden. I am a bit worried, will this fulfil accommodation requirement for spouse visa Extension? Can a living room be used as a bedroom? My kids are so young that they don't sleep separately but If I am not mistaken by housing act law they need one room.

On the checklist, they have also requested evidence of council tax cost and monthly housing cost for the accommodation in UK? What do I have to provide, just a council tax letter and Tenancy agreement or anything else as well?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Nadeem82
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Accomodation

Post by Nadeem82 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:40 am

*The property consist of 1 bedroom, 1 living room, a Spam, 1 bathroom and a garden.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa Accomodation

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 23, 2023 11:39 am

Nadeem82 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:38 am
Hi Moderators,

I have just applied for Spouse Visa Extension and biometrics are due in couple of weeks. I am living in a 1 bedroom flat, with my spouse and 2 British passport holders children (ages 3.5yrs and 2.5Years- both boys).

The property consist of 1 bedroom, 1 living room, a Spam and 1 bathroom with a garden. I am a bit worried, will this fulfil accommodation requirement for spouse visa Extension? Can a living room be used as a bedroom? Yes My kids are so young that they don't sleep separately but If I am not mistaken by housing act law they need one room.

On the checklist, they have also requested evidence of council tax cost and monthly housing cost for the accommodation in UK? What do I have to provide, just a council tax letter and Tenancy agreement or anything else as well? Yes

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Your accommodation meets the requirement for extension.

Nadeem82
Newly Registered

Submitting Supporting Documents

Post by Nadeem82 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:40 pm

Hi All Moderators,

I have submitted Spouse visa Extension application recently, and biometric appointment is due in week time. I have uploaded all supporting documents on UKVCAS website but haven't submitted it yet in case if I need to make any changes.

Just a random question, is there any benefit in submitting supporting documents earlier than biometric appointment? Will this start the ball rolling? Or caseworker normally wouldn't start working on it before biometric appointment?

Many thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Submitting Supporting Documents

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:58 pm

Nadeem82 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:40 pm
Hi All Moderators,

I have submitted Spouse visa Extension application recently, and biometric appointment is due in week time. I have uploaded all supporting documents on UKVCAS website but haven't submitted it yet in case if I need to make any changes.

Just a random question, is there any benefit in submitting supporting documents earlier than biometric appointment? Will this start the ball rolling? Or caseworker normally wouldn't start working on it before biometric appointment?

Many thanks in advance.
Some say it sets the ball rolling, don't see the difference it makes in 1 week considering most time lines.

mwi2003
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mwi2003 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:29 am

Hi

I have applied for spouse visa of my wife in Pakistan, I competed her application online and also submitted all documents online on the portal and have a full check list of document submitted on the appointment letter. She had an appointment last week submitted her passport coz all documents were submitted online they did not ask for any.

We got 1 email on the day of her appointment that application has been received.
Today received an email staying that application prepared for consideration by ECO. It also says in the email to submit supporting documents within 5 working days but I want to ask we have already submitted all documents online and have a proof check list of all documents in the appointment letter my wife had.

I want to ask is this standard email always comes asking for as a reminder or do i need to submit the documents again.

This is urgent matter, appreciate your response.

Thank you

Mo

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:43 am

mwi2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:29 am
Hi

I have applied for spouse visa of my wife in Pakistan, I competed her application online and also submitted all documents online on the portal and have a full check list of document submitted on the appointment letter. She had an appointment last week submitted her passport coz all documents were submitted online they did not ask for any.

We got 1 email on the day of her appointment that application has been received.
Today received an email staying that application prepared for consideration by ECO. It also says in the email to submit supporting documents within 5 working days but I want to ask we have already submitted all documents online and have a proof check list of all documents in the appointment letter my wife had.

I want to ask is this standard email always comes asking for as a reminder or do i need to submit the documents again.

This is urgent matter, appreciate your response.

Thank you

Mo
Would presume standard email. If you read again you will probably find a part that says you should disregard the email if you have already submitted supporting documents.