ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Spouse Visa from Tier 4 Student w/ 2-years left

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harleyridinusmcbrat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Switching to Spouse Visa from Tier 4 Student w/ 2-years left

Post by harleyridinusmcbrat » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:12 am

Hello!

I am a 'mature' student (34) studying at university in Scotland. My fiance is British (39) and we are looking at marrying this summer in a registry office. I will be switching my visa over to a spousal visa so I can actually live with my husband and his kids and finish out university through an online university program (a legit one in the US, lol) while working.

My question: as my current Tier 4 visa is good until October of 2020, is it even remotely possible to have what's left of the NHS health entry fee (I paid for four years) transferred onto the spousal visa so that I'm not paying out the eyeballs in fees again? I highly doubt I'd see any money back on my current visa, haha, but figured I'd see if anyone has any ideas on how this will go.

And yes, we're already booked in at a designated registry office in England for our marriage licence application (I'm in Scotland, so add that fun-filled ridiculousness to this whole application process).

Any help, even if it's a simple "Nope!" is appreciated.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching to Spouse Visa from Tier 4 Student w/ 2-years left

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 am

For a Spouse visa, it is £500 for the 2.5 year visa and this will need to be paid to progress with your application.

You could possibly request a refund of the previous IHS you have paid on your student visa, but there is no guarantee you will get one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.