ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB test expired due to covid delays

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HI1406
Newly Registered

TB test expired due to covid delays

Post by HI1406 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. My husband and I applied for a spouse visa and biometrics were submitted in January in Kenya. We are still awaiting a decision however his TB test certificate expired on the 13th May. Would you redo do it? Also We received an email from TLS regarding the application being on hold due to operational issues. I assume because they’re closed currently. Has anyone got this as well?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: TB test expired due to covid delays

Post by seagul » Sun May 24, 2020 6:59 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:50 pm
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. My husband and I applied for a spouse visa and biometrics were submitted in January in Kenya. We are still awaiting a decision however his TB test certificate expired on the 13th May. Would you redo do it? Also We received an email from TLS regarding the application being on hold due to operational issues. I assume because they’re closed currently. Has anyone got this as well?

Thanks in advance.
You won't have to redo & resupply it again because it was valid at the time of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 pm

Hello

Covid or not, you have to submit a certificate that is valid on the day of submission.

If the administration takes ages to process your application and as result a document goes beyond its validity date, they won't ask you to submit a new one.

Otherwise, they can play this game with all documents. What if they ask you 3 months of payslips then they take 2 months to process the application, are you supposed to send further payslips until the decision day?

The documents are to meet the criteria when submitted not on the decision day.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Thank you for your advice. The reason I asked this was because a friend was asked to show proof of the TB test when entering the UK. I didn’t make that clear, sorry. Are you aware if that is a requirement?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Mon May 25, 2020 7:13 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:08 pm
Thank you for your advice. The reason I asked this was because a friend was asked to show proof of the TB test when entering the UK. I didn’t make that clear, sorry. Are you aware if that is a requirement?
It's not a requirement when entering UK, just carry the expired certificate with you and show if they ask.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 25, 2020 8:21 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:08 pm
Ensure the applicant has the original at hand when entering the UK, it's validity does matter at this point, it's only to show that all procedures were followed/requirements met in obtaining the entry visa.... Yes feel you.