ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa processing time for a child born in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harishnair
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa processing time for a child born in UK

Post by harishnair » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:48 pm

Hello! I applied online for a Tier 1 exceptional talent dependent visa (for my daughter born in UK) on 1 Feb 2017, and we received the letter for biometrics on 10 February. We got the biometrics enrolled at a post office on 11 February. There has been no news from UK VI after that. This is quite bizzare, as usually the decision used to be sent within a couple of weeks of enrolling biometrics. I understand that they have a 8 week timeframe to provide a decision and there are a few days left still. But I worry if they lost our documents or something. Has anyone else had a recent experience of applying for a dependant visa in Tier 1 or 2 (independent of the main applicant) in the last year? What was your experience? Is there a UK VI number that I can call to check?
Many thanks in advance for all your help.

grreg

Re: Tier 1 Visa processing time for a child born in UK

Post by grreg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi Harishnair - Congraulations on the birth of your daughter.

I am about to submit an application just like yours for our daughter born in the UK.
Have you had any news yet about the application?

I'd be grateful if you could make a quick update when you receive a response.
Good luck :)

harishnair
Newly Registered

Post by harishnair » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:55 am

grreg wrote:Hi Harishnair - Congraulations on the birth of your daughter.

I am about to submit an application just like yours for our daughter born in the UK.
Have you had any news yet about the application?

I'd be grateful if you could make a quick update when you receive a response.
Good luck :)
Hello Greg! It is now over 8 weeks that I applied for her visa and is therefore beyond the service standards that UKVI committed to. I called them up yesterday, and I got a standard reply that it is still under consideration. When I pointed out that the UKVI had committed in writing to give us a decision in 8 weeks or in case of delay inform us in writing what the matter was and provide a new time frame, there was no response. When I asked how long they will need to decide on this, the response was no time frame, it will be decided when it has to be decided. I had thought this was a straight forward case of a child born in UK to parents on valid Tier 1 exceptional talent visa, but UKVI are a law unto themselves.
I had hoped that some more experienced members in the forum could have provided some insight / advice but it seems no one has any words of wisdom. I wish you luck with your daughter's application.

grreg

Post by grreg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 am

Hopefully your application is in the post and you'll have it shortly.
Again, I'd be grateful if you could update on when it arrives.
I am unsure whether to risk the 8 week standard route or burn £500 to attend a PEO to have it done that day.
It does seem crazy that such a simple application can take so long.